Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I'm curious what do you see a win as killer/survivor

I want to know what people classify as a win as both a killer and survivors as many have difference ideas to what classifies as a win.

I personally feel like as a killer 1k is a loss, 2k is a draw and 3k to 4k is a win.

And as a survivor 1 escaping is a loss, two escaping is a draw and three or four of us escaping is a win.

Comments

• BingBongManBingBongMan Member Posts: 631

For me the only clear win condition for killer is a 4k, anything else can be heavily debated.

For survivor there is a VERY clear win condition in surviving.

• scenekillerscenekiller Member Posts: 590

As a solo survivor main 95% of the time:

20k bps or more per match - enough to have done some significant gameplay and feel challenged yet have fun.

Escape or die is no consequence to me unless there's a challenge for it.

• Ink_EyesInk_Eyes Member Posts: 436

That's basically identity V standards of win/lose, that's how I take it.

• Techn0Techn0 Member Posts: 405

I don't count kills at all. You can have everybody on death hook and no kills. I don't think 8 hooks is a loss.

I'd probably say 1-5 hooks is a loss for getting less than half off the objective done.

6-8 a tie for getting half of a little more of the objective done

9-12 a win. Any escapes by that point are by the skin of your teeth.

This is also coming from a player that attempts to 3 hook everybody. If I played meaner I'd probably focus on kills more.

• Sandwich_JesusSandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 248

As a individual i personally feel as long as i escape i win .

• Hex_IgnoredHex_Ignored Member Posts: 649

I feel like it's a win if I was able to achieve something. The only thing I really rate as a loss is being so completely and utterly outmatched by the opposition that you can't do anything. For example if you encounter a good nurse as survivor or a decent swf as killer. There is just nothing you can do in these situations except accept the 4k/4 man escape of the other side and move on

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 4,094

Usually just making the better play then the opponent. Sure it normally leads to 4ks. But its all about being smart and effecient

• BingBongManBingBongMan Member Posts: 631

It's funny that we even have to speculate what the win condition is for each side.

If the devs just said something it could clear up a whole helluva lot of stats and statements.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 6,980

as a killer, getting 3+ kills.

as a survivor, escaping. though dying and still making good points / pipping is usually considered a draw for me.

of course there are some nieche scenarios for both sides, but those happen very rarely

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,173

If I pip I win in my book even if I die. Escaping means nothing to me if I get enough BP honestly

As for killer, 3k is a win, usually with pip and a bunch of BP as well.

Some people will tell you having fun is a win, but in DBD fun is not something optional :)

• PurgatorianPurgatorian Member Posts: 1,080

I agree with this as survivor. Even though it's a team game the whole winning part is my own escape, although I will try to get others out with me too if possible. I never use keys or moris though, don't like them at all.

• CluelessClueless Member Posts: 246

As Killer, 10 hooks+ or 3k+.

As Survivor, 2 or more Survivors surviving.

Alt win condition for both sides, getting a belly laugh out of a game.

• ChurchofPigChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,121

As killer?

4k/3k (if hatch escape) - win

3k/2k - tie

1k/0k - loss

As survivor

Safety pip or better? - win

lose a pip - loss

They're different just because I'm so much better at killer that if they both went by pips I'd win every game as killer except on the occasion.

• WazzupWazzup Member Posts: 88

I completely ignore the pip system.

So as a survivor I feel that a gate escape is a win, a hatch escape when the gates are opened is a good win, a standard hatch escape is a draw and a death is a loss.

As a Killer 0 or 1K is a loss, 2K is a draw and 3 or 4K is a win.

• Dilif69Dilif69 Member Posts: 125

30k bp or 3k

• Edgars_RavenEdgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

7 + hooks, 3k or pip. Im happy with any of those

Survivor i dont care. I just play. Whatever happens happens

• Nos37Nos37 Member Posts: 2,135

For me, a win is completing the match without freezing and crashing

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 1,065

Exit gates opened: Survivors win

Exit gates closed: Killer wins

• WexlerWendigoWexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Escape for survivor and 3k for killer

• van9684van9684 Member Posts: 433

As survivor I just want a chance to play the game and get some blood points. It’s becoming almost impossible to do in solo play. I’m rank 5 right now and last night I lost 8 out of 10 games. One legion let me escape. The rest were try hard killers who slugged and camped/tunneled. Lots of devour hope too. It was extremely unfun, and map rng was awful too. Just a bad night. I consider that a complete loss.

• EQWashuEQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 1,394

For me its kind of the same for Killer and Survivor: if I enjoyed the match, if I felt I did a good job or did my best and learned how to improve my gameplay, I'd happily consider that a win. If its a killer I'm new with and learning, I may also consider a win condition to be a 1K (or at least a few hooks, especially depending on my loadout, the killer power, maps, etc)

• CrustyCakeCrustyCake Member Posts: 30

Survivor,

Did I have fun?

Killer,

Did I have fun?

• stvnhthrstvnhthr Member Posts: 624

Whoever gets the most points is the overall winner (can be the killer or one of the survivors.

2 KIlls =Draw

3 or 4 Kills =Killer Wins

A survivor can escape and have a personal win, but if at least two others don't make it the team lost.

• RenAmamiyaRenAmamiya Member Posts: 646

Killer = 3k+hatch or 4k

Survivor = finishing all gens and at least 1 survivor escaping through the gates. Doesn't have to be me.

• UncleStabbyUncleStabby Member Posts: 837

I got out of bed and found the strength to que up for killer. That's a win in my book.

For survivors, I really just try to have fun.

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,811

As killer if I got a 3k or more its a win for me, if I get a 2k its a draw and obviously 1k or less is a loss. For survivor it works mostly the same but I add that if I survive then that's a win for me but if I'm the only one to survive then its still a loss for my team. A key escape I just consider to be a waste of time and don't consider it a win or a loss on either sides.

• Hektic3000Hektic3000 Member Posts: 631

Killer: 3k with a hatch escape or 4k

Survivor: Any match where i have fun.

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,679

Same as you for killer. 0-1k is a loss. 2k is a draw. 3-4k is a win. As survivor same applies, except if I'm the only one to escape I count that as a personal win and not a team win.