Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Tunneled 6 games in a row today….

cosmicvoltscosmicvolts Member Posts: 309
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

I have been playing DBD for 3 years now and the last 6 games I have been tunneled for no apparent reason other than I’m a good runner. Please start actually considering this play style toxic and penalizing killers. It wouldn’t have mattered if I had DS or not. You as a killer main or whatever you like to call yourself have to understand that you contribute to the game health and the people that play it. It’s just not right. You need to stop yourselves from ruining others game experiences just because you’re petty and hate a challenge. What sense does it make to tunnel one person the entire game and let everyone else escape?

Comments

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,140

Got tunneled off first hook and camped to death. No reason. One gen had been completed when the killer started doing this. Gens were popping around the map but the killer just wanted me out. Its not like I ran him for too long or that camping me would solidify an easy game. He just wanted to ruin the game for somebody I guess...

• van9684van9684 Member Posts: 433

Is it nemesis? I’ve noticed most of those players play like bubba or wraith. They tunnel right off hook, and it never fails.

• aroellaroell Member Posts: 477

Sadly this is a thing, it has never been this bad.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,877

I don't like it. Is there a way to return to the past?

• Ink_EyesInk_Eyes Member Posts: 504

It depends on your definition of fun, I like being chased as much as possible, there's no fun for me if all I do is press m1 to repair a generator the whole match.

• VenzhasVenzhas Member Posts: 684

BuT iTs a sTrAtEgY.. !

• HaunterofShadowsHaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,561

welcome to DBD

• ryzen0849ryzen0849 Member Posts: 142

I wish survivors stopped holding m1 all the time. Them doing their objective is ruining my experience.

• HaunterofShadowsHaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,561

this is fair. Sometimes I just find the survivor that was most recently unhooked by sheer dumb luck.

• GrimmGaliardGrimmGaliard Member Posts: 258

I'm sorry that happened to you. Yes, I've had a few games recently too where it happened over and over.

Basically, what I call tunneling is after the first hook and the killer exclusively just chases me right down until I die on the hook. Doesn't chase anyone else, just looks for me. Pig is actually one of the worst people about this, I find.

Nothing to do but equip DS and hope for an escape or to waste more time.

• LylakLavenderLylakLavender Member Posts: 152

I got tunneled hard today by a leatherface. After i finished a gen I slowly went to another and forgot bubba has BBQ he saw where I was and got me on a hook. He sat there camping me and the SWF that were together finished the gens and left me on the hook and escaped. Points sucked. Messed up part was there was one person hiding maybe 5 steps from me and didn't attempt to pull me off and escaped. Soloing sucks.

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 931

tunneling has definitely become even more of an issue lately. I suggest you try playing killer, it’s better than survivor as of now. No one can force you out of the match.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 7,129

Oh those terms are used so loosely it's not even funny.

I've been called a face camper - Even though I was the whole way across the map on mothers dwelling. They were so slow to save. That I teleported back(freddy) with about 10 seconds to go for them to hit struggle. So I stuck around for to ensure struggle.

I've been called a face camper - Even though I went and literally checked 4 generators and found nothing. So I circled back around to my hook to check. At that point I found 2 survivors and camped it. Because well..Why would I allow a free unhook when I know where 3 of 4 survivors are. So I forced them to either hit struggle or come exchange

• JasixJasix Member Posts: 1,232

I also look at the poster's history on the forums - very easy to spot killer/survivor mains - and their biased opinions.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Getting tunneled isn't fun, but sometimes a killer needs to tunnel. The game's simply not designed to juggle survivors in such a way that they get 12 hooks. Also survivors tunnel gens pretty hard, do you consider THAT toxic as well? If they're sitting on that gen after I hit them so they can finish it?

• CountVampyrCountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

That’s not messed up at all. You can’t win against a camping Bubba, period. The only play he could do is just let you die unless he wanted to either join or replace you.

• CaenumPlays_CaenumPlays_ Member Posts: 45

I don’t normally find it to be an issue but over the past week or so it’s got horrendous.

3000 hours killers waiting near the hook within terror radius range and immediately tunnelling. Killers dropping a chase half way across the map to head back to an unhook. Wraiths in cloak wandering 10 metres from the hooked person and insta tunnelling. Outright face camping.

I put DS on instead of We’ll Make It for the first time in months. They just eat it and continue the tunnel anyway.

• OnykronOnykron Member Posts: 62

while getting targeted constantly can suck, sometimes this just means either the killer finds you easy prey or your team is too altruistic that targeting the weak link gets them off gens to try and conga line body block, wich is a win/win situation for the killer, if you dont want to get tunneled, dont get caught, if you can run the killerlong enough that can cause him to drop chase or outright ignoring you the rest of the match, you wont get tunneled as much. Remember not everything the killer does is a personal attack to you, they are trying to make the decision they think will provide the best outcome, wich at the end of the day its a big part of playing killer, decision making.

As survivor is your job to answer acordingly, do gens efficiently, learn when you are in danger, when to take a hook for the team, map awareness and gen location, etc. dont fall into the trap of " i just loaded in to press m1 and get out" mindset because you wont learn anything, a lot of that frustration comes from the fact that you ignore what is happening in the game and just restort to yell camper/tunneler.

• Northener1907Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Tunnelling is fun! Adept it and make killer lose for that.

• latinfla4latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

Sure do you want og freddy,ebony moris on 1st hook, iri head huntress with 3 hatchets...I would love that as well🤔

• Northener1907Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I am Nemesis main. I am not camping, i do not need that but Nemesis is weak killer. So i can understand reason of camp and tunnel.