Home Bug Reports Platform Specific Issues XBOX One
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/

Grabbing off Gen

AvarikuAvariku Member Posts: 603
I don't know about other killers, I mostly play Amanda, but I have not been able to grab anyone off of a gen in three days. 
doesn't seem to matter which map either. 

the results can vary from locking me into a grab animation while the survivor runs off, to only registering as an attack.

Comments

• Saint_UkraineSaint_Ukraine Member Posts: 939
    I have had the same issue when playing Pig and the Doctor. It is more than likely this occurs with every killer.
  • AvarikuAvariku Member Posts: 603
    I have no idea, if it's happening for ANY killer it needs to be fixed... it's not detrimental but it's definitely frustrating to sneak up on someone just to be denied the grab.
  • drdeplorabledrdeplorable Member Posts: 2
    Playing Myers and have had this happen exactly. You're not alone.
  • Andy111777Andy111777 Member Posts: 59

In case you need video proof, happened to me today aswell. Happens on pretty much all killers. I think something happened in the latest updates that causes the game to not determine what to do first when the survivor gets out of a locker or of a gen.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z4lM4KxQoNc&feature=youtu.be

I haven't had the issue with lockers... but I don't catch people in lockers anywhere near as often as I do on gens. 

regardless where it's happening they really need to look into it.
  • MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 1,152

It's been [BAD WORD] up for ages. The worst is when you get locked in place, the animation cancels and then the game makes you swing at the air.

• MrMyersMrMyers Member Posts: 43

I was grabbing someone off the hook but the animation glitched, and it registered as a hit. Similar!

this is apparently happening on all grab animations.  hooks, windows, pallets, gens, and lockers...

I have had it happen on all of them at least once at this point... getting pretty old.
  • DragonredkingDragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited December 2018

It has been like that for year already, if you start your grab to late (window, pallets, lockers) or if they don't commit and just spam m1 (gen and hook) the game will try to go for the grab but the time it take for the game to register the grab and align your killer for the grabbing animation the survivor isn't grabable anymore

Also it isn't an xbox issue, it's global

whatever the reasoning or platform, I didn't run into this issue two months ago... I only started seeing it about 3 weeks ago.

(not saying you're wrong, just giving my perspective) 
    regardless, it still needs to be fixed.
  • ErasoxErasox Member Posts: 77

Thats happens since they choose too speed up the killer animation in general. They are bugged as hell sometimes it works many times not. And since 2.4.0 the pick up animation is reverted to the old one (4.3 sec instead from 3).

I have grabbed from plenty of locations, but I have not grabbed someone off of a gen in a little over 3 weeks.  not once. won't let me.
  • Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,654

Yeah, my grabs have been locking up, too lately.

all of my grabs mess up, off and on, but the generator one has been consistently impossible.