Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

So do survivor's want to be stronger in the 4v1 or in the 1v1?

SteahSteah Member Posts: 511

You can't have it both ways. Do you want to be favoured in the chase aspect or the macro aspect?

Normally as survivors you are suppose to have an advantage in the 4v1, but whenever you get a killer that's really good in the 1v1 the forums are full of people calling for a nerf.

So which one?

Comments

• PilotPilot Member Posts: 1,158

In 1v1 are you talking about when the killer just found you?

A good soloQ survivor will feel stronger in the 1v1 aspect.

A good survivor in an SWF will feel stronger in both aspects.

• aroellaroell Member Posts: 477

Do killers want good chase potential or good map pressure? You can’t have it both ways.

• gendossgendoss Member Posts: 2,211

Not if they make killers that completely counter windows and pallets like Pyramid Head, Nurse, and Spirit, then you'll be on a hook the whole game.

• ArtemishaArtemisha Member Posts: 401

For the majority of survivors that play on Solo Q, we don´t really feel the game like a 4 vs 1. It´s more like 1, 1, 1, 1 vs 1. If you what I mean.

Solo Q don´t have communication like SWF.

There are many times where your teammates don´t come in time for a rescue and u die on hook. Or they come with the killer behind and farm you. Or 2 survivors stop gens to come to rescue.

I also remember one game where i discovered the hex: ruin. And killer knew it. He tunneled me hard for that reason. And I couldn´t even tell my teammates where the totem was.

The point is that although the game is survisided on private SWF and only some killers like spirit, nurse or blight can handle a good premade; in public Solo Q games killer have a big advantage over survivors.

And in reply to your question, I´d really like to improve the 4 vs 1 situation giving the solo Q players the chance to exchange information and play like a team. This sistem is present in the majority of the games nowadays. And a command communication system it´s very neccessary. "Come to rescue", "Totem here", " repair that gen (pointing on a radar)...

Well you'll have a chase for 15 seconds. I would think most people think that countering the only defenses a survivor has is not healthy for the game.

• SteahSteah Member Posts: 511

What do you think is a reasonable time for a chase than? A time that is sorta in the middle between the killer and the survivor winning

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

If the chase takes 15 seconds it's because you ran into a wall or the killer. However, that's not even the point. Either you want all survivors to have things to do besides sitting on generators (particularly, you want them to be chased), or you want chases to be so long that nobody has any choice but to sit on a generator. I'm for the former, and I'm not the one bringing up any times, that's all you.

• Freddy96Freddy96 Member Posts: 624

I want the game to be functional, i want to have a fair chase not getting hit because the killer lives in a cave in the amazon forest or because the map has temple of purgation basement pallets inside a deadzone.

Hard to say. As you said in a previous post, a devastating 1 vs 1 killer that finishes pursuits very fast, shouldn´t be so good in 4 vs 1 to compensate. Pyramid head could fit in this description.

On the contrary, we have wraith. He can move very fast along the map, but he can struggle finishing a chase on loopable maps.

One thing I don´t like about the "competitive" part of DBD, is that you always see the same killers: spirit, nurse, blight. Map pressure and good 1 vs 1 killers. And if they can´t repeat killers, you will also see Huntress, Freddy, Onis and a few more.

You cannot balance like that. If you balance the game for 1 min chase each clown will still lose and spirit and nurse will always win

• aroellaroell Member Posts: 477

Majority of killers have a little bit? The clown who is considered the worst killer by many has very good chase potential. The plague? Deathslinger? All of them are good but lack map pressure. Nurse and spirit are broken, that’s why they have good chases and map pressure.

Well this is based on top level play, obviously at that point you can slow down gens or do whatever you want to slow down the game but objectively killers like Pyramid Head counter pallets and windows and if he is good enough he can stop basically any chase with 2 easy hits. I'd definitely want chases to last longer than 15 seconds and if they do last longer than that they can nerf gens. This current balance doesn't work for anybody because the average kill rate is too high but objectively survivors are stronger.

edited June 2021

Yes. I think that the Solo Q and SWF are totally different games. Solo Q Survivors just can´t handle a spirit on public games, and a good premade can handle her, but it won´t be ez at all.

The balance of the game should start with giving the solo Q the chance to exchange information and be able to play like a team (improve the 4 vs 1), approaching to the SWF. This process wouldn´t affect to SWF as they will keep on voice communication.

And once you have buffed the solo Q (actually is horrible experience), it´s the time when u can buff or nerf certain killers. The only killer I think needs a nerf is spirit. She is perfect on 1vs1 and 4 vs 1, no matters the map (on difference with nurse, that is very good on open maps but sucks at maps like doctor´s for example).

But said that, any killer can work vs Solo Q nowadays. So in my oppinion, buff solo q, and then buff the weaker killers like clown, plague, trapper, etc,

I agree with your oppinion. Just looking at Otzdarvas 50 winning streak with more than half of the killers talks by it´s own. You can check it here.

And personally, I prefer having long chases too. It´s the more exciting part of the game.

I worded that poorly. I meant that most killers are very strong in one area and then have something to help them out with the other aspect.Doctor is a good example. His strength is in chase, shutting down loops and pallets with static blast. He then has Shock Therapy tracking, madness tracking, and madness slowdown to help in the 4v1 aspect. Not very strong by themselves but certainly helpful.Very few killers have all in one category and nothing in the other. The best killers excel in both areas.

A very hard question, i'll probably make a thread on it. But part of the reason why Nurse and Spirit are top tier is they are very strong in both categories. When you have a killer that lacks map control, chases shouldn't be expected to last too long as long as everyone is the same skill level. If you can still buy a lot of time vs a killer in the 1v1 when that is suppose to be the killers strong suit, then what's the point of the killer.

I get that it probably isn't fun to sit there and hold M1 on gens and then get insta downed in a chase, but it also fun to be a killer that has next to zero map control and then have gens fly because one chase went too long because the survivor had an amazing set up.

I personally wish they would play more into the altruism aspect of the game. I have never complained about flashbangs, pallet saves, flash light saves, sabos, or body blocking. They can be incredibly frustrating at the time but that is suppose to be the survivors advantage. They use their numbers against me and win.

I wouldn't argue Spirit is perfect or even has the best 4v1 game. She has a damn good one but i don't think anyone can beat Hag's 4v1 once she's set up.

They nerfs flashlights every patch, i doubt they care about that also flashlight saves are more for fun because the one going around with a flashlight is wasting a ton of time.

This game right now has no true way of real balance.

If you buff all killers so that clown can have a chance spirit and nurse become absurdly powerfull. If you buff specific killers to be on par with nurse and spirit you demolish solos and they'd have to rework some maps because they're way too killer sided.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773
    edited June 2021

The downside of that is making killers stronger in the 1 V 1 which leads to killers like Spirit or Deathslinger where a survivors skill takes a backseat. That isn't fun either, because it feels like the devs saying your skill shouldn't matter.

Killers like Billy have always been considered the most fun for a reason. Shame BHVr gutted him