Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I promise and take an oath to NEVER help randoms again.

2»

Comments

• Fog_KingFog_King Member Posts: 688

Yes, it sucks to have played well, not hooked until the end of the match, saved others, only to be left to die. If the killer is camping, well, there is a reason for the others to leave, but it's sad when they don't even try to check if the killer is camping or not.

If someone saved me in the match, if I can, I will try to save them in the end, unless they are being face camped or camped with NOED, but I have also been left to die on the hook with people escaping as soon as they can. Still, there are times where randoms surprise me, going out of their way for a save that could cost them the match if they are on the last hook, so, don't give up on randoms, there are some good ones out there too.

• tippy2k2tippy2k2 Member Posts: 3,469

I don't know if I should be happy someone finally made the joke or disappointed it took so long when I lobbed a meatball down home plate.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,679

Yeah I also scrolled up and down, wondering why no one got it.

Shame shame

• Ink_EyesInk_Eyes Member Posts: 504

Its a team based game, if you refuse to help your teammates you will probably lose, the same way you lost all those matches because they refused to help you, you will become what you hate and will only be a detriment to your teammates in all of your future matches the same way your teammates were a detriment to you, you will contribute to solo queue being a nightmare.

• whycantIwinwhycantIwin Member Posts: 344

you must have played with console players, they have a funny way to play, by funny I mean awful

• megswifeymegswifey Member Posts: 822

I'm sorry this has happened to you so many times, I get the frustration. But do what you can to be the best teammate you can be! I was sandbagged by this David one time and I unhooked and healed him only for him and his friends to come to my hook and teabag me. I think it was just targeted at me for being the one random, but I still decided to be the mature one and just play the game and try to have fun. If this is super common for you, I would recommend deliverance with DS and resilience! It's one of my builds that allows me to kick mean teammates and killers butts!!!! I hope your next matches go well and remember to not let poor sportsmanship ruin your own sportsmanship :)!

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,494

Thats the reason i stopped doing it. Help to save someone from an swf (i was the random one), get hooked because i tanked a hit for him, and they dont even try to get my. I was just the odd one to be sacrificed. I might come to your aid if i am not at risk doing so, but i am not going to die in your stead. (however, there are games where you have good teammates before the end, people that take over chases if you are injured, and stuff like that. Those who have already shown to be teamplayers deserve my help even if i die trying.)

• malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 1,413

I feel like playing solo is 4v1 against survivors sometimes. The amount not sandbagging and aggro avoiding is just unreal. There's a ######### hook tally. But nah, unhooked dude will just scurry away as the two hooked guy gets tunneled out of the game.

Queue the "aww man I died on my first hook". Good. You deserve to die if you avoid aggro and let your teammates die early.

Some frustrating games this weekend. Hopefully I'll encounter some farming killers during the event, but doubtful.

• eleventbheleventbh Member Posts: 351

The survivors I play against must've taken the same oath recently! They can never unhook their teammates in time if at all. I dunno what that's about, I'm not camping or anything.

• ill_Boston_lliill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

Literally 8/10 matches. Im being chased at the end last gen pops gate opens im downed they run out. no joke. I am not complaining but I have learned my lesson on helping those who may just leave me behind in the end :)

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

The killer is going to camp you in that situation. I don't have BT and I'm not trading places with you, so I can't do much. So, yes, I'm leaving ASAP.

• LethalPugyLethalPugy Member Posts: 493

The people who leave you are the people you’re becoming. It’s a never ending cycle of toxicity that is down to the individual to end it.