Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

This event is extremely unfair

So explain why can killers get the crown just by grabbing it but survivors need to escape with it that's pure BS I died to a body blocking Wraith as Claudette with the crown active on me and to put more salt in the wound it says crown unlocked 500+ go to the cosmetics nope no crown seriously why can't it be if you pick up the crown it's unlocked for the survivor that way you don't need to pull your hair out trying to complete the rest.

Comments

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 6,650
  • FattiePoobumFattiePoobum Member Posts: 293
  • DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,497

Well they tried various killer conditions in the past. Unfortunately some Survivors found ways to manipulate them just to grief the killer out of the rewards.

All things considered, just playing survivor and actually avoiding the killer is not a high standard to set.

• SweetTerrorSweetTerror Member Posts: 2,428

Yeah it was a struggle to get crowns last year too. There were plenty of matches where I had the crown, but lost it just as I was about to escape. Personally I don't like to wear them because I like to play stealthily, but your best hope is to come across a farming killer, or hope you're on a team that plays well.

• Lord_TonyLord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

explain why killers have to adept by 4k and double pip but survivors just have to escape?

you want killers to 4k and double pip for a crown?

• van9684van9684 Member Posts: 433

pot meet kettle. This entire forum is a killer main support group. Who are you kidding?

• Mr_MadnessMr_Madness Member Posts: 882

Tbh just make survivors get the crown if the touch it and not having to escape.

I play killer and I find it annoying just to find I killed a survivor who actually needed the crown and not some person touching it for no reason.

So that way if the survivor escapes or dies they get it no matter what since it's tough enough to find a transporting pedestal and escape.

This way killer and survivor can just play normally after finding the crown and no special requirements needed since, unlike the Gnome charm which was fun you gotta get the crown on all survivors/killers you like or play which would mean you will have to get it just by sheer luck if you're a survivor.

Again no special requirements, just touch it and you get a crown because then people can have fun without worrying about keeping/getting the crown.

• Psycho_Psycho_ Member Posts: 351

I did every single killer and survivor last year... suck it up buttercup it aint that bad.

God I would love to hear your opinions about the lunar event, where survivors needed to escape with a lantern for points, but the killer could hook you to take them away and break them with their weapons to deny you points and earn points.

That event was actually fun as hell... i miss the fun events.

• TrickstaaaaaTrickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256

I agree since a killer can just not play do nothing and go looking for the crown and find and get to unlock it. While a survivor has to met a term to unlock it.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,332

It just creates problems if it wasn't like that

if killers didn't get the crown just for playing the match then it causes issues

if they need a 4k, no survivors are getting crowns and they are likely to play sweaty to get it

if they need a merciless killer like their adepts they also have to tryhard but while making your bad experience last longer

But if you are a survivor and you get the crown just for touching it

you can easily do nothing for the rest of the match / suicide on hook and ruin the match of the 4 other players, especially if killer has to double pip since if enough players kill themselves early its physically impossible at high ranks

its fine the way it is since in its current state it encourages killers to do stuff like give hatch and play nice since they don't have to worry

• megswifeymegswifey Member Posts: 822

I think survivors should get it by completing a set amount of gen progression in all honesty

• Shirtless_MyersShirtless_Myers Member Posts: 269
    edited July 2021

The event sucks.

I'd rather just have double blood points than a mishmash of no farming and farming.

Not only is it difficult to tell what the hell is going on in the match, but half the killers and survivors want to end the match with no points, while also getting killers that are completely awful and you try to farm with them to get more out of the game for everyone and they end up face camping you.

Beyond that, they should just let you grab the crown if you hadn't gotten it already, there's zero need to force survivors to escape when the killer can grab it and afk.