Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Mindlessly grinding crowns has shown me something again

BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 3,223
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

A lot of survivor players are sore "winners" and kinda deserve to face Deathslinger/Spirit every game.

It's like congrats, you're sitting in the exit gate teabagging someone who spent half the match looking for a crown and the other half stuttering into walls. You did a pretty good job that match.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 5,510

My strat has been to reduce the survivors down to 2, slug one and go searching for crown.

I usually give one of them hatch if they are playing a character who can get a crown and are sparkling.

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 3,223
    edited July 2021

My strat is to just search for the crown immediately and if I just so happen upon someone I'll chase them a bit. I don't give a #########. It's interesting to see how people still react to that as though they accomplished something.

Playing on PS4 right now isn't possible.

Actually I've edited my criteria. If you sabo, you're getting facecamped :)

• beachedbeached Member Posts: 302

If a video game is making you this upset you should take a break.

edited July 2021

It's moreso BHVR's deaf ears that's the upsetting bit. The players being dickheads is just a fun little observation.

• beachedbeached Member Posts: 302
    edited July 2021

I mean I feel that, I just know if I get tilted it helps to play something silly like the sims or gta. This game can definitely feel miserable at times

Which is why I'm not playing to win, and have been doing other things instead. Figured I might as well get the crowns & rift done while the game still has a startup screen. Because who knows, the game could be completely broken next patch.

• gendossgendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Eh I think the same exact thing for killers. Some people really play with Ruin + Undying against random purple ranks and hit them on hook when nobody knows how to do gens. Those people deserve survivor death squads.

I agree.

It's very much a "which came first" scenario. Or MAD. Or insert any other metaphor here. The game's balance is the second unhealthiest thing other than the optimization. Funny, considering it's a live service game where you'd expect them to give a damn about that kind of thing.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,975

All I can say is survivor mains that BM are a special breed and there is a reason DBD is the game they are playing. You can just appreciate the fact that your self esteem isn't that low because otherwise you would have problems IRL too. It really is for the best that you get exposed to what could have been.

• AdelooAdeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    edited July 2021

As survivor i must admit i run the infamous Iron Will / Adrenaline / Unbreakable / DS build to get as many chance as possible to escape with my crown.

As killer i never really care about killing all survivors, if it happens great but i just try to have fun and make my oppent have fun aswell. So with the crown, if in a 2v1 situation i see someone is glowing i'll kill the unglowing one and give hatch to the glowing one. Or (like i did yesterday) literally roam the map to find the pedestal, make the survivor run behind me and get it then escape throught hatch or gates. It's so much harder to get it as survivor, so this is the least i can do.

• meatisadelicacymeatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    edited July 2021

As long as killers keep making posts about how upsetting teabagging is, survivors will keep doing it. Why are you upset if you're not even playing the game and just looking for crowns? You literally didn't even try - who cares if the survivors tea bag? Leave the gate. Don't go to the gate.

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 837

I farm a bit with the survivors sometimes.

Most of them play nice and just try to win the game and get their crown.

I try to farm as much as possible and play normaly. However I give hatch if a player does well and as usual I do not tunnle intentionaly or camp somebody. Just because I dislike camping and want to stack my BBQ on top of those sweet cakes.

I rescently only had good matches. Nobody was toxic (no, flashlight saving or blinding is not toxic), nobody was bad mannering or misbehaving in the endgame chat. It was a pretty good experience so far. The event and the side quest for crowns seems to bring out the best in all players.

• KSzerkerKSzerker Member Posts: 112

Think the statistics show killers having a 60%+ killrate, so it makes sense for the survivors who die most of the time to feel the need to showboat when they don't die.

• MyNamePeteMyNamePete Member Posts: 1,047

Why Deathslinger?

I don't care about the teabagging in and of itself, I care about the type of people that will sit there and waste 2 minutes of your time just to teabag. And then go even further and deny you points for the hit. Or the type of people who sit there for 60 seconds with DS even though you've already walked away.

People who waste my time annoy me. Playing DbD is already a waste of time as it is on console.