Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Are they being selfish, or genuinely dont have the cake!?

Comments

• rottmeisterrottmeister Member Posts: 317

I use them as often as I can, but sometimes I don't have any on the survivors I choose to play as. Because I spent all of my BP on someone else and bc I want crowns.

Happens that I was Yun-Jin and brought an Escape Cake because tjat's the only BP offering I had. I played it off as being "in character" self preservation and stuff. My friends weren't too happy though :P

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,329

I would like to refer to this Thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/262505/what-is-the-point-of-those-farming-offering-if-you-are-getting-matched-vs-tryhard-killers#latest

Thats exactly my experience. I stopped bringing cake, because every game you bring one the killer trys to create a non-game by just tunneling hard.

• meatisadelicacymeatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,865
    edited July 2021

I think a lot of people don't even realize what's going on right now. Maybe they want to save the cake for when there aren't so many being used?

My games are literally everyone brings a cake/streamer or no one does. I kinda forget because it's like, we spend 50k BP for a cake that gives us maybe 20k if we are lucky? If a few people aren't bringing them, it's not worth it.

It could also be that since people are playing different characters to unlock the crowns, they don't want to put BP into characters they don't play.

• sleepy_knightsleepy_knight Member Posts: 88

1.1 miion bp used on my main landed me with a total of 7 cakes. P3 level 50. If i had cakes, I would bring them.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,578

I was doing 3 Daily Rituals on Killers i don't regularly play.

They don't have any Cakes at all.

• sumps1sumps1 Member Posts: 66

I have a lot of flashlights and hardly any cakes. I’m lucky if I see 1 cake in 5 bloodwebs

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,400

LOL. I was about to load into a survivor game with an escape cake equipped because I just had a million of them on that survivor and hadn't thought about it. At the last minute, I realized what a faux pas that would be on the first day of the event, so I panicked and rushed the blood web to get an event cake instead.

At this point, I don't even feel like bloodpoints are that useful to me -- it's just nice that we're farming them together.

• DistortedDreamDistortedDream Member Posts: 671

So far, I've hardly gotten any cakes on my bloodweb. Plus I'm a collector so I'm kind of reluctant on using them.

• TysereTysere Member Posts: 36

I would bring them, but I can't really spare BPs on Kate, bc I have too many Killer teachables I need to get unlocked on people. Also, I stopped bothering with her Bloodweb bc I wasn't having cakes show up anyway. She's like level 40ish or so, if that matters. They show up on my Killers just fine though even from level 2+.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,629

I'm saving cakes because I don't need BPs. I have over 500 left from last year also. If they raise the BP cap a lot then using cakes could be a good idea.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,260

I kind of despise this mentality? You're more interested in punishing a potential bad opponent than rewarding your 3 teammates, or yourself, or a farming killer that might come along. It's pure spite and it's actively detrimental to yourself to go 'I'm not going to bring an item that benefits me if it also benefits another player.'

Anyway. Killers generally have plenty of cake to spare. Survivors don't because they have three other items they'll find in place of a cake. I'd bring a cake every game if I could.

• LeleLPLeleLP Member Posts: 142

I don't bring cakes because Everytime I do I always get the killers that tunnel and camp hooks so I never even get my damn points out of bringing them. A lot of people don't for that reason.

• Customapple0Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

It doesn’t help that the cakes are rare for survivors, in some cases it can be a few lvl 50 bloodwebs before you get one, so it could be that they simply don’t have any.

• gammatsunamigammatsunami Member Posts: 545
    edited July 2021

and ontop of that they get to benefit from the 400% because everyone else pitches in.

I know people are bored of farming usually including myself, are people usually pretty happy to farm right now? I might switch from killing people to farming with them if its seen as fun at the moment. I just want to get the most BP possible right now. Im happy with 2x hooks each, stun the hell out of me, and lets destroy everything.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited July 2021

No, because it’s not that big of a deal to me. You’re still getting a lot of extra points. Besides, they could have their own reasons. They could be saving them for later, not have any, or are trying to keep an add-on or item they’re low on (because playing Bloodweb roulette can ######### suck, I’ve gone months without certain add-ons before so I understand if people want to use a Ward). By tunneling the person who didn’t bring a cake, you’re just being a jerk.

Why keep them for later? its fun getting 200k BP

• ClumsyTrapperClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 513

Look man cakes are rare asf for survivors I only get every 3 bloodwebs

• Alice_pbgAlice_pbg Member Posts: 5,066

I'll use my cakes when the game plays properly

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 2,970

I don't spend my points on survivor unless I'm trying to unlock new perks on them. Thus no survivor cakes.

Bloodpoints are spent almost exclusively on killer, because no one wants to be the bullied, add-on less killer.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,043

It's not simply due to my not wanting to reward them. They way they've been playing I get ######### points. Why would I waste cakes when I know I'll likely get maybe 15k?

I actually like learning the killer without add-ons. I don't want to become reliant on them.

• patchoulisunpatchoulisun Member Posts: 17

I think sometimes people just don't have them. My bloodwebs aren't spawning lots of them, I keep getting anniversary medkits and toolboxes but I can go like two or three entire levels on my bloodwebs and not get a single cake.

• brwniydbrwniyd Member Posts: 9

I have just gone through my 6th straight bloodweb with no cake. Yesterday I went through 10 levels with no cake in my bloodweb. I don't know what the deal is?

• Itslat3ncyItslat3ncy Member Posts: 351

I'm sorry, but I'm not bringing a cake until the sweat fest of tunneling and camping ends. This has been the worst event ever do to how people are playing, so I will reward them with what they deserve.

• NoelleMinaNoelleMina Member Posts: 638

Why does this matter?

Of all things, why this one? I genuinely want to know.

• SassySolidSnakeSassySolidSnake Member Posts: 65

I've been leveling up all my survivors today, and most of my blood webs don't even have an event item. Cakes are like non existent 🤷🏻‍♀️

• VexTheHexVexTheHex Member Posts: 954
    edited July 2021

This. 4x Cakes burned, Killer burns Pudding. Killer camps and tunnels people out. The Survivors make almost nothing, Killer rolls in blood points. Only five Survivors done, it'll be nice to switch to Killer.

edited July 2021

I am finding the opposite. I am making it so clear as killer with 4-5 cakes I want to farm, and the survivors are playing sweaty as hell. I even kill zombies for them so they dont get hit, and they flashlight me and in post game chat say ëzezez lololol

Some survivors are being just are toxic. I was hoping for a few weeks of fun since I started in the silent hill chapter and have been looking forward to this event for months. I can finally start P3 some of my killers. Would have been a nice break before going back to the grind.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,654

Yea no point wasting your cake for a game with 2 cakes max and just to be camped to death/left on hook by teammates.

Unless you are in swf and all of you using them, its wasting