Home Discussions General Discussions

Hilbilly is completely broken

Comments

• MrMyersMrMyers Member Posts: 43

@The_Crusader said:
    See this is the problem. Killer mains don't want their broken killer nerfed the way survivor mains won't let go of DS so we can never have a balanced game.

They keep begging for balance but balance to them = 4k every game. Every killer needs to be OP like Billy where almost anyone can pick him up and win.

Here is where you're wrong.

The game is not about winning, it's about having fun.

I have a lot of fun playing as wraith and sometimes only getting 1-2 kills. If I'm playing a killer that can 4k every game, I don't have fun.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,491
    MrMyers said:

@The_Crusader said:
    See this is the problem. Killer mains don't want their broken killer nerfed the way survivor mains won't let go of DS so we can never have a balanced game.

They keep begging for balance but balance to them = 4k every game. Every killer needs to be OP like Billy where almost anyone can pick him up and win.

I have a lot of fun playing as wraith and sometimes only getting 1-2 kills. If I'm playing a killer that can 4k every game, I don't have fun.

I wish a majority of people play to have fun. A lot play to win, whether it be an escape or 4K. They aren’t wrong in saying a lot of players want the game balanced around a 4K most of their game, not you in particular but I’ve seen a lot of people ONLY play to get a 4K and not the the enjoyment.
  • godrengodren Member Posts: 141
    edited December 2018

@The_Crusader said:
    Goldengeartwo said:

And here I am using Pig and Freddy and Doctor. What's the point when there's Billy? 

That's what bugged me too. What's the point in me sweating away trying to 4k with other killers when I could just switch to Billy and have 2 people hooked in the first minute? It's ridiculous how powerful he feels compared to other killers.

I hate going against him too. The matching system normally puts in 2 survivors higher skilled than the killer and 2 lower.

Billy will have the less experienced players going down every 30 seconds. It's ridiculous.

Then you see half these noobs needing  NOED on top.

so billy is able to take their teammates out in the first minute. well they should learn to play and pallet loop. bad survivors don't make him broken

>

I've been Rank 1 with both Killer and Survivors for months, trashy. 

and my freddy without perks and addons has killed swf with intsaheals and 4 deceive strikes. sure.. sure...

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    @MrMyers

That's you. If that's what you enjoy that's fine. However it doesn't change the fact that yes there are a number of people who judging from thebthings they say, want the game balanced around a 4k.

@godren It kind of does make him broken though. They can learn against other killers. Hard to learn how to play against Billy when people are going down to a chainsaw every 30 seconds.

Lets not pretend a good Billy can't do the same at high rank too. Turn things around in an instant with his speed and instadowns.

There's no reason for Billy to be so much stronger than every other killer. Nurse is her own thing, she's gonna be harder to balance due to her blinks but Billy is easy to compare and he's so much stronger than everyone else.
    edited December 2018

@The_Crusader said:
    @MrMyers

That's you. If that's what you enjoy that's fine. However it doesn't change the fact that yes there are a number of people who judging from thebthings they say, want the game balanced around a 4k.

@godren It kind of does make him broken though. They can learn against other killers. Hard to learn how to play against Billy when people are going down to a chainsaw every 30 seconds.

Lets not pretend a good Billy can't do the same at high rank too. Turn things around in an instant with his speed and instadowns.

There's no reason for Billy to be so much stronger than every other killer. Nurse is her own thing, she's gonna be harder to balance due to her blinks but Billy is easy to compare and he's so much stronger than everyone else.

so he is broken because of potato survivors a who cannot loop and use windows and insta go down to a chainsaw. yea lets also nerf freddy more because there are still a lot of noobs who cannot play against him. nice logic.

godren said:

@The_Crusader said:
    @MrMyers

so he is broken because of potato survivors a who cannot loop and use windows and insta go down to a chainsaw. yea lets also nerf freddy more because there are still a lot of noobs who cannot play against him. nice logic.

It's widely agreed that freddy is weak and there are many who argue Billy is OP. So its not just about low ranks.

Again Billy has unlimited speed burst and instadowns with a very forgiving hitbox.....wheres the downsides?

Hes above and beyond any killer than can't teleport.
  • GoldengeartwoGoldengeartwo Member Posts: 79
    godren said:

>

I've been Rank 1 with both Killer and Survivors for months, trashy. 

and my freddy without perks and addons has killed swf with intsaheals and 4 deceive strikes. sure.. sure...

I don't care if you don't believe me, just know it's the truth :) 
  • RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,906

Hillbilly is strong because back then they tried to make strong killers to play, not "fun" killers to play against.

edited December 2018

@The_Crusader said:

It's widely agreed that freddy is weak and there are many who argue Billy is OP. So its not just about low ranks.

Again Billy has unlimited speed burst and instadowns with a very forgiving hitbox.....wheres the downsides?

Hes above and beyond any killer than can't teleport.

lol whats wrong with speed burst and instadowns? those things are his main tool. it is even said in the game. Yea cd, windows, pallets are not the downsides my ass.

@Raptorrotas said:
    Hillbilly is strong because back then they tried to make strong killers to play, not "fun" killers to play against.

yea now they make stupid killers who entartain survivors so their game becomes tom and jerry instead of the horror.

@Goldengeartwo said:

without a viable proof or some source i don't belive people.

Lol back when? Back when the other options were Wraith and Trapper and infinites were a thing?
  • Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,398
    100% agreed.
    Billy should walk 110% also his hitbox on console is broken af.
    LOL 
  • Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

No. Non-viable weak killers are the ones completely broken.

godren said:

@Goldengeartwo said:

without a viable proof or some source i don't belive people.

Then gee you must be one hell of a guy to know. 
  • MrMyersMrMyers Member Posts: 43

@MegMain98 said:
    MrMyers said:

@The_Crusader said:

I wish a majority of people play to have fun. A lot play to win, whether it be an escape or 4K. They aren’t wrong in saying a lot of players want the game balanced around a 4K most of their game, not you in particular but I’ve seen a lot of people ONLY play to get a 4K and not the the enjoyment.

Thank you.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,875

@Goldengeartwo said:
    Honestly, what do you do against this Killer? 

• Fastest movement speed
    • Base 115%
    • 1 Hit Downs
    • Small recovery on whiffed chainsaw attacks 
    • Instant breaking of pallets
    • Easy to play 

Every other Killer at Rank 1 I can tolerate. But nothing is more oppressive than a Hilbilly with Hex Ruin and BBQ. Honestly, I nearly just give up once I hear his chainsaw at the start of a game.

And here I am using Pig and Freddy and Doctor. What's the point when there's Billy? 

He doesn't deserve a nerf of 110% movement speed since he is easy to loop but he should have a lunge nerf since he should rely on his saw.

@Goldengeartwo said:
    He's a god tier Killer. S Tier. And the big difference between him and Nurse is that he's relatively easy to use. 

Nurse is over 30x stronger then him. I am good at both and trust me there's a massive difference.

@Raptorrotas said:

Fun killers are better. I prefer ones that are fun to play/ play against like Spirit and Wraith.

@MegMain98 said:
    MrMyers said:

@The_Crusader said:

I play to have fun and win at the same time ^^. More to have fun tho.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,617
    edited December 2018

Hill Billy? Broken?

What even is Nurse?

At least he still has to abide by Pallets, Vaults, and Walls. Unlike Sally up there.

• xmenfanaticxmenfanatic Member Posts: 769

I will agree that Billy is the easiest killer in the game to play, but being easiest and easy are two different things.

The only reason I would say he is broken is because his chainsaw nearly always causes lag when used, so it does make it harder for survivors to avoid his chainsaw for the reason that the lag ruins your ability to tell where you’re going as a survivor. But that will be fixed once they get dedicated servers, hypothetically.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 15,079

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Hill Billy? Broken?

What even is Nurse?

At least he still has to abide by Pallets, Vaults, and Walls. Unlike Sally up there.

At least she has to abide by eyesight. Unlike Herman up there.
    And at least he has to abide by one attack at a time. Unlike Bubba up there.
    And at least he has to abide by melee attacks. Unlike Anna up there.
    And at least she has to abide by visibility. Unlike Phillip up there.
    And at least he is somewhat visible even while cloaked. Unlike Freddy up there.
    And at least he has a "terror radius" even though he's invisible. Unlike Amanda up there.

And so on. Every Killer has something they excel at. That's what makes them different characters, as opposed to skins.

• AttackfrogAttackfrog Member Posts: 1,135

Of you are getting owned by Billy, I suggest watching some YouTube videos on juking and mind gaming.

I have seen some survivors literally run circles around me with billy.

His learning curve is smaller for killers but very steep for survivors. Other killers are opposite.

Good survivors don't seem to have a problem with him.

He is one of the few killers where if the killer player and survivor player (1 on 1) are both Very good,it is actually a fair match.

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 845

I will agree that Billy is the easiest killer in the game to play, but being easiest and easy are two different things.

The only reason I would say he is broken is because his chainsaw nearly always causes lag when used, so it does make it harder for survivors to avoid his chainsaw for the reason that the lag ruins your ability to tell where you’re going as a survivor. But that will be fixed once they get dedicated servers, hypothetically.

That lag or hitboxes are the result of behaviour trying to fix the phatom hits problem. Basically billy saw was not hitting when they directly hits the survivour stopping an inch off the survivour. They widen the hitboxes on billoes saw to fix it. Same problem as huntress.

Its likely the survivour hitboxes are bugged so the killers weapon has additional range to accommodate. But thats a theory. 
  • White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,457

My only problem with the Hillbilly is that his chainsaw has an attack cone that is quite huge, comparable to Leatherface's, to the point that lading chainsaws is easier on Billy considered also the higher speed both while revving and sprinting. Easy chainsaw hits at close quarters should be Bubba's thing, since it's the only thing he has.
    Personally I would make Billy's attack cone narrower, so that it would allow more counterplay.

• thekiller490490thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,157
    I've looped Billy (low rank so not that hard) easy before. Git gud Billy isn't going to be touched
  • thekiller490490thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,157
    White_Owl said:

My only problem with the Hillbilly is that his chainsaw has an attack cone that is quite huge, comparable to Leatherface's, to the point that lading chainsaws is easier on Billy considered also the higher speed both while revving and sprinting. Easy chainsaw hits at close quarters should be Bubba's thing, since it's the only thing he has.
    Personally I would make Billy's attack cone narrower, so that it would allow more counterplay.

You can juke a Billy chainsaw easier than a LF chainsaw. They have the same attack cone (I THINK). LF should be the ultimate insta down. Billies insta is harder to use but shouldn't be made harder.
    I've looped Billy (low rank so not that hard) easy before. Git gud Billy isn't going to be touched
    >Is low rank
    >Tells others to git gud