Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Doctor changed?

DeshDesh Member Posts: 1,118
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

(2 Year Hiatus here): I regularly played Doc before I took a break and I distinctly recall getting notifications when Survivors are at Tier 3 madness and scream. Now the only time I get notifications is when I use static blast and they scream. Did they "nerf" Doc on his ability to track Survivors?

Edit: You guys are ignoring what I'm saying aside from the first person who responded. I was around for his rework. I mean specifically, I'm not getting survivor location notifications when survivors scream at Tier 3 Madness. The only time I get notifications is when they get hit with Static Blast. They aren't running Calm Spirit either. I'll hear them scream, but no location notification is given.

Comments

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 3,696

Survivors still scream periodically in Tier 3. If you're not getting notifications either they have Calm Spirit or there's a bug.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,130

Yes, Doctor was changed. You no longer have to switch between modes, and Madness is applied in much more neat percentages - each Shock Therapy is 1/2 of a level and each Static Blast is a full level. But Doctor no longer applies passive madness for survivors being in his terror radius.

Survivors still scream in T3 madness; most survivors will snap out of it immediately if they're not being pressured, but if you T3 someone in chase, you'll see that they still scream periodically.

• NomiNomadNomiNomad Member Posts: 2,680

Yes, Doctor was changed. About a year ago, I think? Maybe a little bit more? Time is starting to melt in my mind. He no longer has to switch stances to use his power, and got a few add-on changes. In all honesty, I consider it a buff. He now has control over when he finds survivors.

• WeenieDogWeenieDog Member Posts: 1,784

That could be from the change that the terror radius no longer passively builds madness and now you have to apply it manually with shocks.

• ZokenayZokenay Member Posts: 573

He was reworked, his Static Blast is a massive aoe blast that covers his entire Terror Radius, anyone inside it will scream and have their madness increased

At tier 3 they only scream if they dont Snap Out of It, interrupt it or fail skill check.

If anything this Doc is better at tracking since you can instantly make everyone near you scream with the Blast, even more with the proper addons/perks to massively increase your terror radius.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,408

Hey, welcome back!

I find the new Doc a lot more fun. With Status Blast you can track survivors in your terror radius. Oh and a menu theme and terror radius/chase theme!

Other than that he's kind of the same. Madness builds up for a survivor via shocking them, and from what it seems he's a lot more fun to play as IMO.

• DeshDesh Member Posts: 1,118

I was around for his rework. I mean specifically I'm not getting location notifications when a Survivor screams at Tier 3 Madness. Nor are they running Calm Spirit. I hear them scream constantly but I never get a notification of where it's coming from unless they get hit with Static Blast.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

It's probably a bug. I played him recently for the crowns and always received notifications.

• Dennis_van_eijkDennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,505

Yeah i noticed that after his rework they scream less in madness 3 than before his rework.

Ever since the rework you can basically run from 1 side of the map to the other side with 0 or 1 scream.which is less than what it was before.

It's like the devs acknowledge that they hated doc, that's why they reworked him.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,322

Bug or feature

But I repeat myself.