Home Technical Issues

So i just got this beauty...

BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,797
edited May 2018 in Technical Issues

And i haven't done anything yet, since i remembered that you can avoid losing all your stuff by doing something.

Can anyone help a fellow player out? Many thanks!

Comments

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258

God, I've thought this error was fixed.

• Techn0Techn0 Member Posts: 369
    edited May 2018

I had the same issue yesterday. I quit the game and logged right back on. I lost a game or two worth of blood points but my general save file was unharmed. If you want you can always make a backup of your save file but, I don't believe you are in any danger of losing it. If you don't know how to make a save file backup this video will help you out.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,797

@Techn0 said:
    I had the same issue yesterday. I quit the game and logged right back on. I lost a game or two worth of blood points but my general save file was unharmed. If you want you can always make a backup of your save file but, I don't believe you are in any danger of losing it. If you don't know how to make a save file backup this video will help you out.

That instruction video is from almost a year ago.
    Are you sure this still works now? A lot has changed in terms of files in 10 months.

• Techn0Techn0 Member Posts: 369

@Boss said:

@Techn0 said:

Are you sure this still works now? A lot has changed in terms of files in 10 months.

It's still the same exact method I use to back up my save and it worked the last time I lost my progress. It happened way more then it should of so I have the process memorized at this point. So it should totally still work.

@Techn0 said:

@Boss said:

@Techn0 said:

It's still the same exact method I use to back up my save and it worked the last time I lost my progress. It happened way more then it should of so I have the process memorized at this point. So it should totally still work.

Alright, thanks for the assist! :)

• ZiNcZiNc Member Posts: 244

Probably best for this to be placed in Tech Issues, as you did when you reposted =) Hope you get it sorted!

@PSfix Hi :pirate:

• PSfixPSfix Mod Posts: 131

@iAm_ZiNc
    lmao

Well, i backed up the saves and restarted the game.
    Turns out...

Nothing's wrong! :)
    Not cool though DbD, that's one heck of a scare! >_<

• ZiNcZiNc Member Posts: 244

@Boss said:
    Well, i backed up the saves and restarted the game.
    Turns out...

Nothing's wrong! :)
    Not cool though DbD, that's one heck of a scare! >_<

Ayo! Always the best resolution to these issues

@iAm_ZiNc said:
    Probably best for this to be placed in Tech Issues, as you did when you reposted =) Hope you get it sorted!

@PSfix Hi :pirate:

Yeah, it's there: http://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/313/save-error/p1?new=1

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 10,348

Glad that the issue has resolved itself for you.
    Just an FYI, there is no local file saved on your PC any longer - therefore there is no need to do manual back ups.

@MandyTalk said:
    Just an FYI, there is no local file saved on your PC any longer - therefore there is no need to do manual back ups.

Oh, so if i were to lose my progress, i myself wouldn't be able to do anything about it?

• HillbillyHillbilly Member Posts: 14

@Boss said:

@MandyTalk said:

Oh, so if i were to lose my progress, i myself wouldn't be able to do anything about it?

Nope

• andalarewandalarew Member Posts: 6
    Now I understand this issues happened a lot on pc. But I am on ps4 and have had it happen to me now about 10 times in the last week. Just as poster said about right after he finished a game it booted him it’s the same that happened here