Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Devour Hope Needs A Nerf

Nancy638292Nancy638292 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

This perk is extremely easy to use but extremely hard to counter. You just need to hook 3 people and then you can one-shot people and after 5 hooks you can INSTANTLY mori a survivor. Finding and destroying this perk takes so long and i dont think it is fair for the survivors.

I think to activate exposed status effect you should need 5 hooks

And to activate mori you should need 6 or 7 hooks.

This perk is not fair for the survivors and really boring to play against. Its unfair right now and it needs a change.

Just nerf this perk or make totem spawns better so survivors can find totems easier.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• IlliterateGenocideIlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 2,917

Ehh , I think on some maps the totem spawn are always impossible to find, while on other there to easy to find. I think the only thing needed to be changed is totem spawn and it would feel fair on both sides

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

Body is 1 character too short.

• TheAntiSantaTheAntiSanta Member Posts: 122

Survivors Actually Start Bringing Totem Finding Perks Challenge 2021, let's go. I mean, c'mon, we just got info from the devs that says two of the Top Three Most Used Killer Perks are Hexes. It's almost never going to be a waste of a slot to bring something that lets you find totems with ease.

• SilentPillSilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

To be fair, you should probably only run it with a map offering.

The games I do with DH Undying and some tracking perks usually come down to the wire and I’m relying on the totem to carry me.

The survivors can slam the gens so fast with no slowdowns; especially with you letting them be unhooked for free and not wanting to tunnel for fear of DS losing your stack momentum.

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 3,408

As a survivor main I think devour hope is a fine perk. I would definitely suggest running detectives hunch or small game if your having trouble finding totem.

I don't want to be rude but you have options your just not using them.

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,186

Do Bones.

Oops. I wasn't suppose to say that. 🤭

• tippy2k2tippy2k2 Member Posts: 2,974

I rarely use it, basically only using it when I'm feeling kind of bored and wanting to do something weird

It usually never works out. There are ways I could help mitigate that (like Hex Undying or using an Indoor Map offering since those Hexes are usually trickier to find) but I'm not all that concerned about it. Just a fun thing to try once in a while when I feel like throwing a Hail Mary to see what happens (or if I have a "Kill by your hand" Daily and add that to the build).

• TrickstaaaaaTrickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,252

Run detective hunch, don't listen to all the other people saying to use counterforce or small game. Those perk waste to much time. with detective hunch it shows you the exact locations. Or just learn where totems typically spawn at, and look in those areas. But the perk is fine.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I think they just need to increase the distance required from the hook. 24 Meters is nothing for a Spirit or a Nurse.

• Hex_IgnoredHex_Ignored Member Posts: 805

Make totem spawns better? They are already out in the open what more do you want? A glowing neon sign screaming "TOTEM IS HERE"?

• SilentPillSilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

I think the best way to do a DH build is just go all in. Undying for 2 totems. Lethal pursuer to get the stacks rolling as fast as possible. Indoor map offering so there’s the best chance for good totem spawns.

I really like it on Bubba since he has a super strong early game. Broken saw + Coup is pretty good but could be changed out.

I just prefer the satisfaction of a Coup lunge into a Mori and it makes getting the last stacks you need way easier since you can do huge instadown lunges if needed.

Of course it can fall apart easily but you definitely come out of the gates swinging which is what you need for DH to work.

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 8,477

I knew someone was going to complain about Devour Hope at some point.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 2,100

No. It's powerfull Hex that can do nothing if found early.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,597

Its the same guy making new accounts, few steves, now nancy? What a stranger things fan

• WishIcouldmainWishIcouldmain Member Posts: 3,856

There are enough perks to counter it. Additionally spawns that can leave it in the open. Maps and the risk of it not getting value before 3 tokens.

• KSzerkerKSzerker Member Posts: 110

I do think 3 tokens for instadown is too low, particularly now that hex: undying is a thing. Should also probably be at least 32m from hook.

• ilovedbd123ilovedbd123 Member Posts: 1,941

That's why most of my builds have small game, a free perk that counters all totems, on them. Literally everyone asks for totems to have a counter to how difficult they are. There you ######### go, a audio queue whenever you look in the direction of one nearby. Super useful btw. Would recommend you run it. Personally, BT DH small game and the either SC, lightweight (yes I use this perk unironically), DS (if I'm sick of being tunneled and just want the satisfaction of stabbing a #########), UB or kindred.

• Midori_21Midori_21 Member Posts: 694

There's a reason why Devour Hope is a hex, hex perks should be stronger than most other perks to compensate for the fact that they can be removed from the game. So no, it's not unfair. Small Game, Counterforce, Detective's Hunch, and maps can render hex perks useless.

• Viktor1853Viktor1853 Member Posts: 692

Cleansing a totem is easy

edited July 2021

Do you know what else has a 32 metre range, make your choice. A free uncounterable exposed effect on an unhooker. DH is both counterable and requires time to get. This is why it's not 32m. Hex undying only transfers it once and that's not that helpful, whilst it does prolong its life, usually only for a short amount of time as it is visible from the start aswell.

However, if they did this I would change it to something like:

2 tokens: gain 1/2/3% permanent haste,

4 tokens: gain 4/5/6% permanent haste

5 tokens: instadowns,

6 tokens: 7/8/9% permanent haste,

7 tokens: Mori,

8 tokens 10/11/12% haste permanent,

10 tokens 13/14/15% permanent haste,

So now they get something for the longer it's up, but takes longer for the instadowns. It also makes it noticeable before the instadowns (if you don't notice a 6% haste effect your either not looking or dumb) and therefore an even bigger notice before they hit hard.

There you go. A buff and a nerf in one. That's fair imo. If you want it to take longer to set up and 32m distance then this is the buff it needs.

Edit: changed the numbers to allow for leveling the perk,

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

At 10 tokens, the trial is over, one way or another. Survivors only have a combined 12 hook states.

Yeah IK, but it also helps if at 10 stacks it's a race to hatch (15% permanent haste means your finding it first, almost all the time)