Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is Wraith Really The New Freddy?

ill_Boston_lliill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

I just went into a match as Wraith with Haunted Undying Dhope and Retribution and I didn't even have a chance to get two stack on Dhope and they all dcd. I normally don't enjoy going against wraith but that is because I personally Do not like his playstyle. But there are some things in this game you are not always going to agree with and other people have their right to disagree. But to DC on Temple against wraith with 0 Gen defense is silly

Comments

• PirulukPiruluk Member Posts: 553

I almost never play against Freddy, if he is so strong why noone plays him?

Freddy dont even have powers and his addons are trash, maybe good for gen control, but he really has nothing. I dont fear Freddy at all

• ill_Boston_lliill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

what I mean is survivors just DC against him all the time like the old new freddy.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,416

They moved onto Wraith after Freddy got nerfed.

The Freddy nerf did absolutely nothing so idk why they went to Wraith.

I do agree that the all seeing is bs and needs to be taken care of. But That's like the only thing other than his silent bell that needs change. I don't agree with that god awful lunge length even tho it was supposedly always that length. All - Seeing should be changed to do something other than to read auras or decrease the lunge and or cloak movement speed. I feel it needs a downside to it. coxcomb clapper should also make him much slower in cloak or much much slower coming out of cloak. movement and uncloak imo. I don't think he should have all these great pluses with no downside to it.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,877
    edited July 2021

Because he had way too much for very little effort. The nerf didn't really change his gameplay, people simply don't use him as much anymore because his kit was watered down, and because his power is just..boring. The isn't really anything special about Freddy, other than the fact that he is freaking Freddy Krueger himself.

I still think a straight up nerf was unnecessary, and what he truly needed was a rework.

Edit: He is still stronger than Wraith tho.

I didnt mean it strength wise. I just mean it survivor DC wise. Although I think once they bring back the DC penalty it will slow down.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,975

Oh, he IS special, though. He comes with unique map filters via the dream world.

• gendossgendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Lol no Wraith is still terrible. For some reason Wraith really triggers lower level survivors. I remember being new and getting extremely mad when a Wraith would body block a window or something. Even with the buffs he's still fundamentally Wraith and he still has a slow uncloak and still is a glorified M1 killer.

• truegod_10truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

Wraith requires a different strategy to play against then most other killers in the game. He also has some really good add-ons that remove a lot of weaknesses. People would rather dc then learn the unique styles needed to counter the different versions of Wraith.

• tortradertortrader Member Posts: 525

The Nightmare is a licensed killed, wraith is free. Freddy started off as very weak, so he wasn't popular to buy. Buying him for the add-ons aren't worth it either.

• GrimoireWeissGrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,275

Both are extremely overrated killers that survivors refuse to use more than 2 braincells to play against. So yeah.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,882

Well they are both C-tier right now so, perhaps you can say so.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 4,868

I agree with ASB, but the Coxcombed Clapper is perfectly balanced. If you are not looking around you, that's your fault, doubly so if you already know it's a stealth killer. Silent bell only helps if you use tall obstacles to hide your uncloak, which is only really possible in jungle gym gens and main buildings, and those have always been vulnerable to Undetectable killers making sneak attacks. Plus his snarl still gives him away compared to a Ghostface or a 115 with Tinkerer taking the same route.

Anyway, I kind of guess Wraith could be the new Freddy? Buffed from bad to fairly good and became common to see as a result, extremely easy to play, solid returns for low skill, kind of a map mobility for dummies killer.

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 926

I’d rather have Freddy back over wraith right now

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,877

Well, yes. But he always had this.

The nerf didn't touch it, and the rework only made it worse.

• WexlerWendigoWexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Unfortunately the problem is that many gens are surrounded by walls, so without spine chill, the wraith can easily get a hit.

• ZeusZeus Member Posts: 2,112

I personally think the issue with wraith is his addons and not his basekit. He has some cool addons but I would love to see a few of them (all seeing to be specific) to be nerfed a bit.

• EmealEmeal Member Posts: 1,776

While cloaked as Wraith, you move at a STUNNING 150% speed with no add-ons. You can take advantage of this by cloaking to catch up to a survivor during a chase.

edited July 2021

Oh. I guess you can try to use a decent loop. Windows and pallets hinder Wraith, and predropping unsafe pallets can be useful at times.

Don't take offense to what I said btw, Wraith wasn't a very common killer back then so it's understandable if you have trouble playing against him. (In other words, sorry if I sounded aggressive on my first post saying people don't know how to play against Wraith.)