Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

M1 killers should be buffed

TheBus4KTheBus4K Member Posts: 256
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Killers like Ghost Face, Pig, Myers and I don't know if anyone else should get some kind of buff. A player with a minimal looping concept can easily loop on just vaults or even unsafe pallets, as those killers have no other way of hitting survivors but hitting them with an M1. Killers like Freddy or Clown at least have a slow, Demodog has his Shred, Pyramid Head his ranged attack that goes through anything, etc.

Literally if you face someone with enough hours, he will loop you throughout the game, without using all the pallets.

I don't know exactly what buff should be done to them, maybe Bloodlust activates sooner, or just rework their power, but something has to be done, because M1 killers, unless you face monkeys, are incredibly weak killers vs "press W" survivors.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• RumaRuma Member Posts: 2,072

I wish every killer had a special attack like Demo.

• RazorbeamRazorbeam Member Posts: 594

In my dream version of DBD, your lobby would have a lock down timer where backing out would cause a que penalty, you would all then be shown the map, if it's killer sided the amount needed for survivor to safety pip is lowered and raised for killer and vise versa and from there you can still change your killer and perks accordingly.

I think the main issue is different killers do great or awful depending on the map, pick the right tool for the job. Large map ? Pick control killer, small indoors map ? Pick m1/stealth RPD ? Bring stealth. Loading into a map and realizing your killer is useless here or at least going to struggle to the point of unfun is the true issue.

• TheBus4KTheBus4K Member Posts: 256

All killers should have an ability to hit survivors without using the M1.

Plague is another killer that I forgot to mention. If nobody gets rid of the infection and they don't give the Plague power, it's simply an M1 killer.

• TromanTroman Member Posts: 264

Why? All M1 killers have killrate above 50%. So, no. It's SWF that must be nerfed.

And here we have a gentleman who loves statistics.

The killrate indicates nothing. At low ranks, any killer is good and kills anyone, at medium-high ranks not.

SWF or SoloQ, anyone can infinitely loop an M1 killer, until they run out of pallets (or Bloodlust stacks).

The only way an M1 killer can hit a decent survivor is by stacking Bloodlust, waiting for a survivor error, or for the survivor to enter a dead zone.

• IMhereRUNIMhereRUN Member Posts: 605

Ghostface, Myers DO have anti-loop ability…called stealth. You hit them before the chase ever starts. Anything else, is playing the killer wrong.

The Pig does have an ambush attack that is useful at some loops. However, experienced survivors tend to abandon the tile as soon as you crouch, but this also has counterplay because you can just uncrouch and close distance before they make the next tile.

IMO, they’re all fine. Sure, some killers are weaker than others, that goes without saying. But none are so bad that they are not viable.

• PirulukPiruluk Member Posts: 541

At red ranks the worst killrate was 57%, the highest 75+%.

If anything killers should be nerfed

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,229

"or even unsafe pallets"

If you get looped around unsafe Pallets, this has nothing to do with the Killer, this is a case of git gud. Besides, Killers already have their mechanic to help when they get outplayed at unsafe Tiles, this is called Bloodlust.

Seriously, unsafe Pallets are fair, Killers dont need to be buffed just because they are too bad to catch a Survivor at fair Tiles.

When it comes to general Buffs, some Killers need them, but not because they are M1-Killers, more because their Power is not as good as it should be. Myers would be a prime example, heavily outdated.

Unless it's an indoor map, you're not going to get a free hit unless you're Wraith. If you get a free hit on an outdoor map, even a stealth killer, you are playing survivor badly. The problem is that there are 5 indoor maps compared to 31 outdoor maps.

And well, you have really answered me yourself, even if you really get a free hit, you are going to have to hit him again, and in chase the stealth is not going to serve you, especially against an experienced survivor.

• gendossgendoss Member Posts: 2,264

No I really don't think so because M1 killer powers accentuate the M1 itself. Legion can injure people really quickly and if you play your cards right you'll be basically playing against a team of No Mithers. Ghost Face and Myers can down you in 1 hit. They balanced the M1 killers around their power and some of them should get buffs like Myers but I don't think it's worth reworking every single M1 killer.

• IMhereRUNIMhereRUN Member Posts: 605

You don’t chase them. Some killers are just not designed for chasing survivors longer than 15 seconds if you want to play them effectively: Wraith, Myers, GF, Hag.

If you’re going from strong tile to strong tile chasing one survivor, there’s your problem right there.

kekw

So are you going to ignore the fact that an M1 killer can only hit a survivor with the Bloodlust? Bloodlust takes too long to stack to wait for it to stack twice and take down a survivor thanks to Bloodlust. You waste an immense amount of time.

All the M1 killers I have named are not good killers. Not only because of their weak power, but because they can only hit with an M1, so even in just vaults they can loop you for a bit.

Ghostface and Myers can take you down with one hit, okay, but unless you have the Myers addon, their powers don't last forever. Even if they last infinitely, to hit the survivors it will take a long time, simply because being an M1 killer without any range abilities or abilities like the Shred of the Demogorgon, loop on pallets or vaults it is much easier for the survivors.

So what are you supposed to do if all chases against all survivors last longer than 15 seconds?

Bad Killer players who play M1-Killers can only hit Survivors with Bloodlust at unsafe Loops. Players who are at least somewhat decent at playing Killer can do that without Bloodlust.

Again, I am talking about the player here, not the Killer-Character.

• elpohelpoh Member Posts: 222
    edited July 2021

Myers need be able to use it's power infinites times, easy as reset the individual evil within from all survivors every time the Tier 3 ends.

Pig need be able to interrupt survivors while crounched, and maybe a ultrarare addon who apply instadown in her ambush.

Ghostface need be able to hit survivors without reseting the stalk metter.

Plague/Legion need not losing their powers when stunned.

Nemesis need have Tier 3 range as base, then at Tier 3 be able to hit multiple targets.

Trapper need start with two bear traps, and the random ones already opened.

Wraith need be inmune to flashlight burns, as trapper is not longer affected by sabboteur.

It's just that you don't even try to tell me a good point. No matter how good a player is, if the survivor is good, he will use the vaults as much as he can, he will not fall for the killer's mind games and he will not waste pallets.

A killer like Demogorgon, Doctor, Blight, etc., can prevent a survivor from abusing strong loops / using vaults and pallets a lot if they use their secondary power, but an M1 killer with a power that practically does not help at all in the chase all you're going to get is a 2-3 minute chase.

If the only thing you are going to do is eat pallets during the whole game, all you are going to get is 1 or 2 hooks and all the generators will have been repaired.

And as for the Ghostface thing, if he marks you, he doesn't slow you down or anything, the survivors are going to get perfectly into a loop. I don't know what you mean with "you're going to get an Insta-down before a survivor reach a good loop".

So a Survivor who is good is actually getting rewarded when they are better than the Killer player? Yeah, really unfair...

I dont really know how easy you want Killer to be, but it looks like you struggle a lot and want a lot of handholding.

Anyway, as I said, individual Killer Buffs are fine and needed for some Killers. But general Killer Buffs are not really something they should go for, neither for all Killers nor for specific groups (like M1-Killers).

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

The kill-rate indicates that killers on average are killing survivors at around 60%. And at mid ranks, its around 60% to 70%, which is actually higher since there's a lot of survivors escaping through hatches which artificially lowers the kill rate of killers.

I don't know if you don't want to understand it to fool yourself or what you are trying to do.

In a match between a good survivor and a good M1 killer player, the survivor is always going to have an advantage over the killer because of how the game is designed. It's not a question that if the survivor does it well, it's rewarded, the problem is that if the killer does it well, it will not earn anything, because if a survivor manages vaults and pallets well, an M1 killer will not reach the survivor unless you get Bloodlust or the survivor makes a mistake.

It's not a matter of wanting the killers not to have to struggle, it's that you don't want the survivors to have to struggle.

• DsnoozDsnooz Member Posts: 191

Killer queues would take forever. Players would just change from being survivor mains to killers mains if this happens.

What difference does it make? Currently the killer queues are already infinite 😂

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Killer queues are great in the SE region. They're much faster than survivor queues.

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

If we are going by Kill rate then the Nurse desperately needs a buff!