Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Does Killers like or hate giving them a kill?

2»

Comments

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,989

Only has happened a couple of times, and once was from a player who's username was 'Simp for Myers'. I was of course playing Mikey.

• LittleSageyLittleSagey Member Posts: 77

i usually reject it, its me vs them, if they win thats great...lets move on, i dont need an extra 500 points.

• nursewannabenursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    edited July 2021

You hate it so much you said it twice 😜

Idm, I'll take it. It actually happened yesterday when someone dced at the start, i got everyone to second stage playing normally then let them farm. At the end one of the people gave me the kill to "thank me" for the farming. I'm taking it, it's bloodpoints 🥰

• BlueFangBlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

For me if you got to that point you earned the escape, as long as i don't de-pip I'm fine

I'm pretty chill and give survivor(s) free escapes every few games and or depending on the circumstances so I don't find it insulting in the slightest.

I mean it is just a game, its not E-Sports lol

• tippy2k2tippy2k2 Member Posts: 3,700

Usually unless the survivor insists, I won't do it for a kill hook. I'll take the pity hook (ESPECIALLY if I never hooked them so I need my BBQ stack) but ideally I will then walk away, let people save them and heal, and then they can either walk away or I'll hit them at the gate, let them heal up, then do it again (most of the time people don't stick around this long but especially with cakes in play, more players seem to be fine with this setup).

I know there are some who have been burned by this so I make sure when I hit them as the killer that I walk away and let them heal up before I re-enter the gated area.

• AlionisAlionis Member Posts: 737

No, I'm just fed up with survivors wasting my time in general.

What does that have to do with anything?

Maybe for an obvious baby Dwight who got unlucky with the matchmaking, but generally no.

• MrPsychMrPsych Member Posts: 121

No mercy killing here. I'm a killer and I don't deserve pity.

With that said one time I was messing around with a bunch of survivors as Ghostface and we were just all doing t-bags like idiots at the end of the game when everything was about done. But one survivor decided I should kill them because they were happy to be able to mess around with me. They were clearly gesturing me to hook them but I refused. Survivor ended forcefully sacrificing himself by staying at my side near the exit gate instead of leaving. I was kind of devastated really.

Do I give survivors the hatch? Depends on the game. If I killed all survivors with too much ease I will sometime do it. If people disconnect early in a game for no good reason I will do it. If they plead for mercy or do item offerings I will do it.

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 4,335
    edited July 2021

I'm asking because they are the same thing. If you are okay with one, then you should be with the other.

Post edited by Clevite on
  • burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 2,954

I stopped caring for rank or kills in year 2 or 3 and only play for the 4 stacks of bbq and 8hooks to give the survivor a tense experience.

I appreciate the gesture way more than the kill or points themselves. Them showing the willingness to give the pity kill is more worth than the action itself and my few hundred bp is less worth than their 5k.

Also since I play "fair", completely without camping or tunneling, I only hope for no sass aka tbagging and so on from the other side (i excluded slugging because I have to slug at least one at a time after 8 hooks or either go afk or still kill them, which I do only when I go for adept achievements/dailies/rift challenges).

• MyNamePeteMyNamePete Member Posts: 1,047

If i already got a kill then yeah ill take it but if all 4 survivors can escape i won't take it. You guys get more bloodpoints for escaping, and I get a depip so i hopefully dont have to stay in red ranks. Talk about a win-win.

• YatolYatol Member Posts: 1,484

sometimes i would fail to sacrifice anyone and only manage to get a "kill" trough very unfortunate unfortunate circumstances or because noed, i will just throw the survivor at the gate or give them hatch, never got a pity kill but i probably wouldn't take if i couldn't even hook anyone the whole game.

• Karao_KeKarao_Ke Member Posts: 1,217

Literally nobody does this, in my 2 years of playing I think its only happened twice lmao

Anyways, I personally don't like to take mercy kills because I don't like the whole pity party thing, but if I realize the survivor is going to die by EGC I'll usually hook them before they do. And yes, I'm very appreciative of it because its extremely rare.

edited July 2021

They are so not the same thing. Giving a pity kill does next to nothing for the killer. You barely get any bonus bloodpoints and in terms of emblems, you've already lost anyways, it's purely wasting time.

Giving the hatch gives a survivor 7,000 bloodpoints that they otherwise wouldn't have gotten and it also has them escape the trial, which emblem-wise tends to be enough to rank up.

So no, I don't care for your argument. They are not the same thing, so I will continue to be okay with one, but not the other.

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 4,335

Fair enough.

I just find it funny how so many claim "survivors never give me a kill" then when they do, now it's, "fk that, I don't want your pity"