Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What is better nerfing SWFs or just awarding more to Killers who loses to SWFs?

D3spairD3spair Member Posts: 651

We can all agree that the game is supposed to be balanced to Solo Queues therefore SWFs with their communication is borderline cheating. Seriously I am getting 80% SWFs in my matches these weekends. Someone with Detective Hunch means everyone on the SWF has Detectives Hunch. With the event ending these guys are super serious in getting Gens done in 5 minutes. I feel like I should get more rewards with putting up with these unfun games. BHVR surely would never do anything against SWF for the fun of it, as I don't ever see them buffing solo queue so instead just rewards us Killers more.

Comments

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 9,990

I’d love an SWF nerf the issue is that I don’t know how to. You can’t just punish people for playing with their friends.

ATM I’d say just give killers more rewards for killing even 1 or 2 of them as opposed to 4king

• DeadByCommunityDeadByCommunity Member Posts: 154

Even as solo Q the perks survivor have are strong and extremally versatile on top of countering almost every killer action an perk, combine with coms that a swf has it is unfair. I just think some of the second chance perks need to be tone down or something because dealing with 16 perks is a bit too much for killer to memorize an deal with on top of defending gens an totem placement being terrible. If they added the trail warm up they mention a year or so ago where gens start extremally slow until a chase happens it make killer a bit bearable so they can play or set up like hag an trapper. Only need to swf is coms but that ain't happening. So next best thing is adding mechanics to limit survivor to buy time, tone down gens or tone down perks an in some cases map rng makes it worse.

• EvilhorstEvilhorst Member Posts: 103

I agree with you, but i think you went totally overboard with this. I think 25% extra BP per SWF (so 50% at least) are enough. Not every SWF is stronger than a full solo group, please keep that in mind. On average of course, but not in every individual game. The blatantly unfair groups are rare. The skill level needed to reach this level as a SWF is NOT as high as peopl make it to be. Not only teams like oracle are unfair. But it is true that not every SWF group in red ranks is blatantly broken. I would also not give the killer a safety pip, this would have bad consequences for the gam IMO.

• StindeStinde Member Posts: 459

Only reasonable nerf to SWF that doesn't affect solos is a shared perk pool. Only one DH, BT, Adrenaline, DS etc. in an SWF team is enough for them to still dominate matches.

50 or 100 percent extra BP for killers per SWF member is also a good motivation to play an unfair match.

Overall the game needs some kind of early slowdown, but apparently the devs have abandoned that idea.

• IlliterateGenocideIlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 4,070

How would you need swf, and why. People playing with there friends having fun, most don't even use mics. I guarantee most swfs you play against u will never realize, you can't punish people for playing with friends

• ouroboros_worldouroboros_world Member Posts: 215

But we can buff killers since playing swf is basically the same as screen peaking your friend in a splitscreen game, I think killers should be able to ban perks, get an extra perk, or just straight get even more bp against red rank swf. Or better yet let swf get their own queue, I’m pretty sure nobody will complain except bias survivor mains

• tippy2k2tippy2k2 Member Posts: 3,457

I want a fair and competitive match, not compensation for being a punching bag.

@DelsKibara nailed it above me so no real reason for me to rehash it but worse. Just read their post.

• SnowbawlzzzSnowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,121

Buff Solo

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 5,323

Nerfing swf would cause a backlash. I wouldn't be opposed to it but many would trust me.

And rewarding killers with bp wouldn't change anything nor make killers happy.

I don't know what possible solution could work without making many people quit. Would they quit tho? I am sometimes undecided on this topic. Sometimes I think that people would still play the game even with the nerfs because there is no alternative game to go to.

• TromanTroman Member Posts: 264

Yeah, that's the only logical way to deal with broken balance right now: buff soloQ and Killers to the level of SWF. I don't know why it's taking DEVs so long to do it and fix their game.

• Hex_IgnoredHex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,000
    edited July 2021

Nope. Maybe the safety pip is bit too much but why not give the killer a buttload of bp for putting up with swf bs? I mean I'd rather have a nerf but that is never gonna happen

• justbecausejustbecause Member Posts: 1,521

That's as me asking for extra reward for playing against spirit or nurse

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,638

the Devs need to buff solo Q.... because what would honestly be a good reward for getting your arse kicked? 4min 20secs gens are done because you decided to give some love to trapper or whatever.... and the devs say "there was really wasn't a chance of winning, here's 15k bp it was a SWF". whatever reward they decided to give it wouldn't be enough because it's not what we really want. we actually want to play and do well against those SWF teams.... it's been like 2 years now that the devs have stated that they want to buff solo Q so that they can buff killer as well because SWF doesn't really play the game as intended.

• a_good_playera_good_player Member Posts: 194

A game that punishes people just because they want to play together is tremendously dumb. They should just buff solo survivors, giving them more informations, and then buff killers accordingly

• Hex_IgnoredHex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,000

that would be an accurate comparison if nurse and spirit would use third party software to create an advantage that the normal game wouldn't allow them to have

• TacitusKilgoreTacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,381
    edited July 2021

The issue is that you can't really "Nerf" SWF. Their strength is coordination, if it was just 4 people in a lobby who knew eachother and nothing else, their only strength would be enhanced altruism and knowledge of one anothers builds, a not particularly powerful ability in of itself. The issue with SWF comes from their external communcations. An ability that by far breaks the game in every possible capacity, especially when you consider that both the original vision of the game and current balancing for the game are centered around survivors lack of communication and knowledge between each other. You can't nerf SWF in any healthy-for-the-game ways because their strength lies in resources OUTSIDE of the game. A pity reward for the killer for being ######### on by something that cannot be balanced would be an insulting fix, i think.

• psionicpsionic Member Posts: 533

I don't want a nerf, I just want a indicator that I'm facing an SWF, so I can prepare my gameplay accordingly

• justbecausejustbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Swf having ability to talk is why they have to give ppl whole pack as reward they didn't earned? How fair that exactly would be for other players? "Oh look noed, I expect extra reward for not finding totem" it's really not good idea and it would create such a war in community, swf is legit and killer being able to win swf is legit most swfs sucks anyway and no reward should be given to anyone as excuse "hehe you got beaten by swf here are yours extra bp"

• KatzengottKatzengott Member Posts: 574
    edited July 2021

Do ppl not realize that there's no way to get solo Q on the same level as SWFs? Any buff to solo Q will be another little buff to SWFs aswell. SWFs don't need to be on comms, it's enough to know eachothers perks plus changes are high you're on the same skilllevel (rank / MMR). Even better if you have at least on low rank in your group to get matched with a low rank killer. Fun!

And yes, i play solo Q only since 2017. There's always a chance to get at least a pip.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,638

So true... they have the "expose system" with ghostface. what if survivors could have an "alert type affect" basekit only instead of breaking pallets survivors can detect the killer revealing their location/aura for a brief amount of time? another way to buff solo is after the first reveal the killers name (huntress, trapper, nemesis) could be listed on the HUD for survivors.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,856

Why do they need to buff solo Q? Simply because SWF exist?

As pointed out many times on these forums, kindred gets brought into a match and even with that information alone teammates are still making unsafe plays let alone saving off hook.

I don’t need the devs to hold someone’s hand who isn’t clear about what it means to stay on a gen, what it means to not self care in the corner meanwhile 2 people on hook and one running the killer, what it means to stay efficient, period.

Thise are the issues soloQ faces, not, not knowing where a hex is, or who the killer is, or who is on a gen and who isn’t. Matches aren’t lost because of that information missing.