Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Bamboozle and Bubba

Seth__Seth__ Member Posts: 1,195

Hello forum!

I do not care about other killers but only Bamboozle on Bubba. Please share your thoughts on this, I'm curious to see what people on here think.

Try to be nice though!

Comments

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,455

Eh, it's fair. Perks exist to cover for the holes in a killer's kit, be it map pressure, chase pressure, or just specifically windows. A lot of tiles either allow chaining windows (rendering bamboozle useless) or are close to another tile with a window, so I don't mind it, but that might be because I unironically use Speed Limiter so my perception is skewed.

• Northener1907Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I am seeing this perk on Billy and Bubba mains. This is like Stridor Spirit but still has counter. Only one windows can block same time. So except shack, smart survivors can deal with this perk.

• GrimoireWeissGrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,142

Once you know a Bubba has Bambozlee it's incredible easy to counter. They always vault the windows in a predictable way, giving you time to chain the next loop.

• SnowbawlzzzSnowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,121

It helps a lot on certain buildings like Fractured Cowshed and drastically shortens how long survivors get to loop around the killer shack. I don't consider it problematic, since his main weakness is map pressure and it doesn't help with that at all.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

It removes the only interaction Bubba has. Without being able to play windows, it's just predropping pallets. That's kind of a big problem, especially since Bubba can actually play windows.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 9,367

It’s pretty boring but understandable since windows are still bubba’s main weakness

• CornHubCornHub Member Posts: 1,864
  • MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

What? All he's going to do is chainsaw your arse, that's not counterplay.

• Zani22Zani22 Member Posts: 443

It's good on him but its good on most killers in genral there's nothing wrong with using perks to patch their weakness .ill put it like this.

Bamboozle on Bubba = he ain't basement.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,408
    edited July 2021

Bamboozle in general has counterplay. Once you realize he (Bubba) has Bamboozle, try to reach another window or pallet. Plus the way Bamboozle users play is quite predictable. Windows of Opportunity can be helpful for this situation.

The perk is pretty fun on Bubba in general.

• MdawguMdawgu Member Posts: 373

I just run speed and light chassis. Its way more fun to take off and blindside the survivor, or catch them doubling back through the window. (short ones obviously)

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,196

I mean you can quite easily use it against him, often he will want to vault the window meaning you can yse this to get distance or position yourself better. Bubba is fine even with bamboozle.

Great things about bubba is he will force players to loop efficiently and play smarter. If you out position yourself or waste pallets its gonna be much harder for you. Btw you can just jump in a locker and avoid his chainsaw pretty easy.

Bubba is what you call "a noob stomper" he will take advantage of that whether that's you or randoms on your team.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,624

No problem it only makes it a bit more boring with more pallet drops.

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 2,677

Most of the issues is in the perk itself, which is a bit outdated design-wise.

The reason it's annoying on Bubba is because dedi servers can't handle pallet stuns when he's chainsawing, which would be his other counterplay beside windows. 1 out of 10 times he gets actually stunned, instead of simply awarding the score event to the survivor and still breaking the pallet as if nothing happened.

Bamboozle is not as problematic on Billy imho, because he has to work a lot more to setup chainsaws around pallets. Bubba just kinda needs to get a little close and pull up his saw. He either gets the hit or the pallet. Once in a blue moon the stun will work and it's not gonna be a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I'm pretty sure Bubba can turn around unrestricted... You might be thinking of Billy.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,167

The first time it might bamboozle you but after you know he has it it's not that bad.

There is a reason killers almost never vault in chase. If he vaults a window you can outside of serious pwyf shenanigans always make it to another loop.

It just becomes mindgames at that point. Is he or isn't he vaulting

• justbecausejustbecause Member Posts: 1,521

For me Bubba on itself can go eat dirt so you really don't want to hear my opinion of that combo

• AfiusAfius Member Posts: 563

Any bubba with 1/2 a brain a locker won't work on. If he hits it he tantrums where he can still down you. He can just stand right outside revving it or simply grab you out of it.

You jump in when hes swinging, jump out just after his tantrum finishes. This forces a M1 or the chase goes on., it's not a hard thing to do. Once again like all issues alot of players are in ranks they dont belong so it's that reason they struggle more than the actual killer/counter play itself

• chargernick85chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Exactly. I want to swap it but I have the worst luck in this game. I tend to get the worst map for the killer I am using which is why I still have it on him. Also I seem to MOSTLY get experienced survivors that understand how to loop/run and most importantly know to be on a gen when not running/looping. I notice I only get the bots when I switch to a killer I have not used in awhile.........Curious thing.

• lagostalagosta Member Posts: 1,658

Good enough, but I'd rather go full meme instead: Hex: Undying + Hex: Crowd Control + Hex: Blood Favour.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 5,170

Is it really -that- easy ? I've seen one person in all my matches so far that know bubbas locker timing. You're either getting one shot. Or grabbed and one shot.

Its actually not hard to learn (unless bad connection) all you need to do is practice like most things. But it's an advanced technique against good bubbs, if they arent a good bubba you wont need it, hardly ever see bubba out of red rank use bamboozle. But like I said it's down to experience and when people are in ranks they shouldn't be things like this are harder for them. Tbh I cant remember the last time I got downed/grabbed doing this, either it's been made easier or iv just adapted to it its become second nature sorta thing

• FancyMrBFancyMrB Member Posts: 1,188

I have recently picked up Bubba (i am cycling through killers I need to 'get gud' at) and I would say Bamboozle and Fired Up on him are amazing!