After a solid 1,500 hours in this game, I can confidently say that I am incredibly disappointed.
If you don't agree with this post, then okay. If you somehow think BHVR is a perfect company then... okay. This is my opinion and I'm just here to share it. Agree with me or not, I don't care. I doubt anyone is actually gonna read this, but I just really need to get this off my chest.
This post will be somewhat survivor biased. I don't have enough experience with killer where I can confidently point out flaws. And no, that doesn't mean I think everything that's wrong with the game is only on the survivor side, I just simply don't have the experience or knowledge to point out the flaws of killer. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
The sheer amount of incompetence coming off of BHVR is insane. They don't listen to the community (for the most part), they add whatever they want to this game because they think they know best, and they straight up lie about fixing problems or adding new features.
Yeah I get it, every game has bugs. But at this point it feels like bugs are a feature in this game. I have discovered more bugs in this game than the amount of observable stars in our galaxy.
And yeah, I'm a little pissed off. Let me tell you why.
For the past two months, I've had crossplay enabled, just because I didn't feel the need to turn it off. I was annoyed about getting rank 2 claudettes and rank 1 steves sitting in the corner while im dying on hook. So, what do I do as a logical person? I turn off crossplay. Problem solved, right? Well, yeah, but actually no. By turning crossplay off I just get rank 1 spirits and rank 1 nurses, thereby forcing me to run meta perks. What? The killer bitches to me post game about my perks? Okay, maybe I'll try running meme perks to ATTEMPT to have fun in this game. Well then, I just die on my first hook from getting tunneled or destroyed by a spirit once again. So, I am forced to turn crossplay back on just so I can have fun as a survivor.
And no, I'm not just gonna permanently run one survivor build all the time that's full of meta perks because that's incredibly unfun to play. The point of a game is to have fun, not sweat your balls off constantly. (Unless you like that, in that case, tf is wrong with you)
And yeah, I play killer too. It is incredibly annoying to go against SWFs, or people that only run meta perks. But to be fair, killers combat this by playing spirit and nurse, or face camping, or tunneling. And what do survivors do to combat this playstyle? Use meta perks that are seen as overpowered by killers. Its a constant game of cat and mouse and the devs aren't doing anything about it, and that's really sad.
Alright, so that's why this post will be so aggressive. Anyway, let's move on.
Prepare for a large amount of sarcasm in the following paragraphs.
BUG AND CONTENT "FIXES":
- Hey, remember server hit validation? Good thing it did basically nothing besides close the gap of BS hits by 2 nanometers. Also, it was "fixed" like 3 times I guess? Didn't notice a thing.
- Love how when I'm playing killer and get a grab animation that cancels :)
- Let's put our resources into "fixing" a bug that everyone enjoyed and gave 0 advantages to either side (cosmetic glitch)
- Let's ignore iridescent head for 3 years
- Let's change the flashlight angle 3 times just to change it back to how it originally was
- Let's make a new map where all the pallet loops are 2 centimeters long
- Let's make a new map that's almost as big as the biggest map in the game and make it two stories
- Let's make a new map that doesn't work for 3 weeks after launch even though its been on the PTB working perfectly fine
- Let's swap the accept and deny buttons on the party invite because THAT WAS A VERY NECESSARY CHANGE
- Let's add a new breakable object that ruins loops and wastes killer's time
- Let's add these breakable walls to old maps that were recently graphically updated. (You'd think they would at least put them in logical positions right?) NOPE
- Let's add a killer named The Doctor that disables the survivor's ability to do literally anything. (Seriously. Why can I not do anything when in madness? I literally lost countless games because I couldn't pick up a downed survivor or finish a heal)
- Let's make 90% of all survivor perks require a random ass condition to activate or give it an absurd cooldown. Better yet, make it so it reveals your aura when you finish healing.
- Let's add a new cosmetic feature called a "set" that forces players to pay more and not be able to swap it with other clothing pieces
- Oh by the way, it's your fault that you got tunneled or face camped as a survivor, you deserve to lose your pip.
- It's also your fault that your game crashed so say bye to 2 pips.
- Got gen rushed? Too bad. You should've just played better. Say bye to your pip too.
just an addition real quick, what the hell is up with prove thyself? I finished a gen in like 15 seconds with one other person working on it with me. That's absurd.
BUGS THAT ARE STILL IN THE GAME SOMEHOW:
- Getting hit through pallets
- Getting vacuumed while downed
- Killer grab animations getting cancelled
- Killers literally seeing blood effects on their screen just for the server to actually deny them of that hit
- Survivors with bad latency teleporting
- Console players still unable to play the game
- Survivor hitboxes
- Not being able to heal a survivor off the hook for a couple seconds
- Random invisible walls on the crane and dead dawg (there's probably more)
- Being able to fly onto loops as billy or blight on a hill
- Nurse not having animations when she blinks
- I'm gonna be honest, there's so many that I literally just can't think of one to put here because I've experienced so much. If you have one that's not on this list, put it in the comments.
I don't play killer that much, so there's probably countless more bugs on that end of the game.
I could go on for literal DAYS but I don't want to force you to read through all that.
I'm not even going to dive into how unbalanced this game is. I'll leave that to another post.
Not to mention, there's no incentive for BHVR to fix anything in this game because there's no competition.
I really, REALLY want to have fun in this game, but I just can't anymore.
The point of this post is to just beg the devs to just listen to the community. If not that, at least listen to content creators. I can't put up with this anymore. There are so many problems that could be fixed if they just LISTENED.
Treat this as my resignation because I can't have fun in this game anymore. If I can't have fun, then personally, there's no point into me playing it.