Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

So the trickster buff was a dud.

BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,641

So they give him LESS knives needed to down..Cool. But they reduced his throwing rate so much. Even with double throwing rate add ons. 

The OLD USB and fizzy spin cola felt better then what we have now. Yikes.

Comments

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,581
    edited July 2021

Petition to call him The RIPster from now on? 😜

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,641

People will definetly watch if/when you make a video on it. But the 1% feels painfully obvious right now.

• ScottJundScottJund Member Posts: 1,074
    edited July 2021

Oh of course, I'm not even disagreeing. People are just drastically overestimating the speed nerf.

• Tricksters_WifeTricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

I definitely agree with this. I just made this forum account to post a thread about his changes but I definitely feel like I'm reloading a lot more which wastes just as much time, if not more, than using 8 knives to down and having 60 knives; and, also interrupts my gameplay and tracking of the survivors.

• Gamefreak024Gamefreak024 Member Posts: 12

Everyone keeps talking about how Trickster runs out of knives faster, but if you are accurate, you down people so much faster. Not to mention that I haven't seen anyone talk about how broken using the Cut Thru U Single + Edge of Revival Album addons are broken when used together. You literally take a health state with 4 knives! By the time a survivor even gets to run away or drop a pallet, the next 4 knives down them. It's really unfair to survivors when using this addon together!

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I was thinking this too. Especially on console where rapid fire is completely pointless because it’s almost quite literally impossible to adequately compensate for the recoil. So for all intents and purposes this should be something console players never ever notice.

• ScottJundScottJund Member Posts: 1,074

the fact that til this day people are silly enough to think Behavior cares about ANYTHING I say blows my mind.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,753

Well, BVHR doesn't even listen to itself sometimes. Imagine listening to others.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,896

I mean in a chase, i am watching trickster reload in a chase and not even knocking down 2 health states in single reload. I understand the killer has high mechanic skill-ceiling but this is laughable to play against as survivor. I don't know, I was playing blood lodge and RE map(RCPS).

I am not too surprised If I am being honest as I said that each 15 knives is about 1 hatchet so he has about 2.5 hatchets or so given player error to miss. I guess they expect survivor to run in straight line or something to get downed by this trickster. At least he's bigger April fools joke than what he was on April fools.

Most definitely! Trickster in open areas or long hallways without corners is a lot more deadly now and hard to counter especially since it takes less knives, but he already exceeded at this if you knew how to play him. But unfortunately now any corners or maps like RPD that cut off line of sight constantly are even more debilitating to him than it already was because of the quicker decay meter and his lack of movement speed still :(

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,737

I think Iron Maiden is definitely a must now. I used to never bother with Bloody Boa because I felt like 60 knives were enough , but I recognized that it was a nice addon. now it feels like it barely helps with you running out of knives constantly.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,737
    edited July 2021

Don't worry Scott, most of us don't care what you have to say either. We just enjoy listening to you talk 😘

Yeah going up against survivors that know how to utilize his weaknesses is laughable. With 44 knives I definitely can get a down, but then it leaves me with around 25 remaining after hooking which doesn't make me feel secure enough to last another chase and secure a down without reloading since I already used around 19 knives per survivor. Blood lodge isn't a bad map for him but RPD is hell (just had a match playing that map with him, I spent more time trying to figure out how to get to the gen I know is being worked on than actually securing kills/gen control).

• gnehehegnehehe Member Posts: 304
    edited July 2021

On some maps with low walls, new trickster is just "be a genslut each possible second or die" ... you can barely interact with the killer without being destroyed. This sucks as the most interesting thing in DbD has always been the interaction with killer. Another boring killer to face and very easy to play (as soon as you played FPS games)

• VampiroxVampirox Member Posts: 371

i feel a lot better with him with the update.

only used ruin as a slow down perk and survivors put in Midwhich Map and i got a 4k

the knife throwing is more skill based now instead of randomly throwing over 70 knifes at a survivor.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,896
    edited July 2021

I get one down per reload, but like with huntress, a lot of the time, you throw 1 hatchet and just m1 and move to the next chase with 4 remaining hatchets. Now it feels like your playing huntress with 3 hatchets in term of ammo and one remaining hatchet is worthless because good trickster almost never M1 because trickster almost completely relies on his power to be functional threat. its like... nurse without blinks. you need your power to get downs...

I find it impressive that people can't see difference between PTB trash survivors and good survivors. what an over reaction from PTB. I hope they revert those last minute changes.....

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • ChevinChevin Member Posts: 9

Well Midwich is a great map for trickster imo. It is almost always a succes from all the games I played since the "buff" Midwich was the only map where I got 4k's.