Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

NEW FACES

Comments

• DistortedDreamDistortedDream Member Posts: 672

Feng and Dwight look awful, Meg looks really angry, and Kate looks slightly off. And I'm probably the only one, But I liked Nea's old look better. Other than that, the reworks are fine.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,734

No one here is "trippin", buddy. I have my opinions. What looked "terrible for you, was perfect for me.

• GnarlyGnarly Member Posts: 429

Some characters were very bad and I mained, Feng and David because they looked better than most...NOW THEY ARE NEXT TO KATE IN MESSED UP FACES😐. David literally goes cross-eyed.

• scenekillerscenekiller Member Posts: 765

I mean this respectfully, but do you think your opinions might be tinted with nostalgia a bit? Because old Quentin didn’t have personality, he was just hideous lol.

• ShadowRainShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Feng looks way better but Kate looks worse

• NoelleMinaNoelleMina Member Posts: 638

I main Jake and Yui. Both of them looked great before and they still look great now.

That’s all that really matters to me. Although, I do miss Jake’s old model sometimes.

• dan542dan542 Member Posts: 10

Feng looks terrible!! Looks like an angry man. She used to look so cute it’s made me so mad

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 2,606

Christ, this is like the "new animations screwed over old animations" debate all over again.

1. No, a cosmetic isnt neccesarily ruined, more than likely, you're used to the old faces.
    2. in the cases that a cosmetic IS ruined, it's just a matter of time for them to address it.
    3. Your purchased goods are non-refundable. So they wouldnt give you auric cells or a cosmetic exchange just because you dont like a cosmetic right now. Why would they? You had reasons to purchase a cosmetic, your cosmetic is getting adjusted for free after you purchased it. You do not have to pay to get your cosmetics reworked if needed.

I didn't mind them being reworked, but they changed many of the faces drastically and made them worse.

ADJUSTED is terrible term to use because I never asked for a Feng, Kate, or David to be fixed. They were fine before. My reasons for purchasing cosemtics was because they looked good on the character BEFORE. Now they don't.

Give me the old face as an option even. David objectively is far worse, along with Kate. Not to mention they changed facial hair itself and not the cosemtics individually. That's my main issue.

THEY DIDN'T TOUCH THE COSMETICS, THEY CHANGED THINGS AROUND THEM THAT RUINED THEM.

Jake and Yui look good...they didn't need a change, but Sheriff Jake is a shmexy man indeed.

I just think changing characters like David, Kate, and Feng for the worse isn't fair. They didn't need it either and look worse now.

It's not even Nostalgia either because I think most of the faces look good to fineish. It's ok to not like the faces and it's ok to like them. Being dismissive of the issue is frustrating, because those same people will always defend the game even when console was and still can be unplayable.

• ProfoundEndingProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,309

1.3 is actually a very small number compared to the community as a whole.

• Rogue11Rogue11 Member Posts: 759

Sorry, I couldn't ask the entire community at once? It's certainly not an insignificant amount of feedback. The post is also less than a day old. All of my DBD friends who play Kate also hate her rework. It's anecdotal but worth mentioning. But I guess the rework scowling 40 year-old Kate looks better to you in that image?

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,871
    edited July 2021

They ruined Kate's face. It makes me sad :(

I like the others, except for David. They nerfed his body into the ground :(

• Kinguin22Kinguin22 Member Posts: 40

I won't give up on Kate. As someone who started playing DBD when the Curtain Call chapter came out, Kate is special for me when it comes to DBD. They need to improve her.

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,450

I'm pretty much neutral on most of the faces, but some of them do look different and I don't understand enough about art to know why. I really wish we could find someone who draws portraits professionally to analyze the before and after and diagnose why the characters look different in the updated version and what could be changed to make them look more similar to the originals.

This isn't a demand to change them more -- I'm willing to accept them as they are. I just think it would be interesting to understand what about them looks so different.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,858

In a lot of cases, they made the faces longer. The longer the face, the older the characters look. Lengthening philtrums, accentuating nasolabial folds, making female chins more masculine, thinning their lips, they did so much wrong it's baffling.

Faces are measured in millimeters, so changes that are very slight have a huuuuge impact on appearance. You don't have to change much to make a face look nearly unrecognizable.

• Laurie268Laurie268 Member Posts: 389

I just wish they gave us the option to choose between the old/new versions. I don’t like how they force us to use the new faces and expect us to just get used to it and shut up.

• NoelleMinaNoelleMina Member Posts: 638

I can’t really emphasize with you on that, but I do feel sympathy. If my mains were changed for the worst, I’d probably throw a fit as well.

Can only hope that whoever designed them will listen to feedback.

I get they made the changes and some were well done, but it just sucks my two mains Feng and David really got shafted and look worse.

• KweenPleaseKweenPlease Member Posts: 306

I'm praying for a Kate fix more than any of them. Kate is my main but god is she R O T T E D right now. I got that she was supposed to be like the sexy 70's - 80's Horror girl and now she looks . . . that isn't how mouths work and she is disproportionate. I'd know, I do realism.

But, also in the wrong lighting . . . IE in the maps in game . . . she looks like a 47 yr old cocktail waitress who smokes a carton a day depending on the head.

• KweenPleaseKweenPlease Member Posts: 306

Kate's new face is ROTTED , TERRIBLE. IT's not even " realistic " it's disproportionate. Her mouth and lips just feel off. ALL of her hairs are improved though. --- Though they did remove eyeshadow from her black lipstick head and it needs something like a catflick / wing or eyeshadow . . . and the basic ponytails from her sets with the turqoise necklace? Those need WORK. They're so Sims Bustin Out. VERY clay looking. No depth, needs broken up and to bulk in some places or have some hair loose.

Feng's long hairs look SO much better now but her pigtails are terrible now. The fringe on them is terrible.

• ColdWaterColdWater Member Posts: 72
    edited August 2021

(The bad)

1. Kate is ruined

2. Nancy got punched in both of her eyes and her face looks slightly squished together

3. Feng looks like an ape

(The good)

1. Laurie looks nice

2. Nea looks decent

3. Claudette looks good

4. Meg looks somewhat better

Post edited by ColdWater on
  • C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,831

Removed the wrinkle at mouth area.

The angry face, they're supposed to add face motion. But they didnt.

• Rogue11Rogue11 Member Posts: 759

Kate definitely needs a retouch. Maybe they have a lighting update in the works that will make the new models/textures look better? DBD's lighting on characters is pretty harsh. Either way, that angry expression needs to go.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,812

I am quite happy with how Dweet turned out. He's the only one who matters to me so it was a relief he was not messed up.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,831

They dont need massive rework. I feel the problem is on DBD tries so hard to make realistic. Those mouth folds aren't necessary