The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Update 2.4.0 - Unreal update performance / lighting feedback

Comments

• grave02grave02 Member Posts: 8
    Issue: game crash   Platform: ps4   Map played: family residence.    I was playing leatherface and chasing a David up a hill with the chainsaw when the game froze and made a geeeer sound then it went to a black screen for a bit before I let me report the problem.
  • TheHunterTheHunter Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018

The game runs a lot worse now, at least 10-20fps worse. I see it already in the lobby. 10% higher gpu usage.

I have a OC'ed 980TI and play on 1080p display, I had modifed ingame cfg gameUserSettings.ini file to have higher render resolution.
    I use to have ScreenResolution=120 , making ingame as 158%, but now I had to lower to 110 or ingame 128%, to have somewhat the same fps as before.. Im using 72fps cap.. Use to have 80-99% gpu usage before at 158% and 72fps cap 99% of the time, but now if I used the same settings it would drop to low as 50-55fps and very jittery.

At 110 or ingame 128% it looks a lot worse for me personally, narrower Field of view and more blurry.. I already raised driver LOD to - 0.750 now, before I had -0.375 for sharper view and it's still somewhat not it. Im playing @ ultra setting.

Please do something about it, or lower that volumetric fog detail. Idk why you raised/changed that in the first place.

• Might_OakkMight_Oakk Member Posts: 1,147
    edited December 2018

Ps4

New map. Crashed 3xs myself (Ps error) aka blue screen. Every match on that map atleast 1 survivor has crashed Not RQ but crashed

• TheHunterTheHunter Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    Quality selected: Ultra
    Processor: i7 4770K @ 4.6GHz
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
    Hard Drive: SSD Crucial 
    Graphics Card: Geforce 980TI @ 1405MHz
    Monitor: Samsung C24FG73 1920x1080
    Operating System: Windows 10 1809 (October update)

Also some textures are low quality.

And new map and Freddy Kruger, I sometimes see him for a split second, even though he should be invisible. And yeah when in his dream world performance goes down too ALOT!

EDIT: played that wreckyard map and personally I must say the game looks uglier now, blurry and just bad. Never mind lower performance.

You killed it on one go, great job!

Post edited by TheHunter on
  • ChuckyyoChuckyyo Member Posts: 65
    edited December 2018

Issue: FPS loss
    Platform: PS4
    Map played: All so far
    Additional details: Turning feels laggy, like the movement is lagging some parts of a second behind the input

Issue: Game Crash/Blue Screen
    Platform: PS4
    Map played: Mount Ormont
    Additional details: Happened two times so far. Also, there were several survivor dcs when playing this map as killer

(On the postive side, it looks really good when it's working)

Post edited by Chuckyyo on
  • MonsterInMyMindMonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 868
    edited December 2018

Issue FPS loss
    Platform PC
    Map played Mount Ormont
    Additional details Just fps drops and some lag here and there. Major fps drops during loading screens

Quality selected Low
    Processor AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad Core Processor
    RAM 8
    Hard Drive Could not find it
    Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 720
    Monitor AOC (All i could give you sadly)
    Operating System Windows 10

Post edited by MonsterInMyMind on
  • nomorevideosnomorevideos Member Posts: 75
    edited December 2018

I posted here before, the new map still runs like utter garbage. Getting between 45-55fps (with very bad frame timing) on it when using ultra. High doesn't change much, maybe lifts the average by 5 fps, but I'm often still below 60. The game has no excuse looking and running like this. I am not going to buy a 1070/1080 just to play this 1 game at 1080p/60fps. I am not going to play with low res textures and no AA. Either optimize your game or give us actual graphical settings that matter, not some cut down worthless preset menu. Even Deathgarden's graphics menu was worthless despite having a lot of different options. The different settings barely made a difference in performance and looks. If you want to emulate CS:GO for the sake of "being fair" at least do it right and try to fix the horrendous performance. All other maps I've played so far are still fine, but I am guessing the office area in Lery's and Badham's school (sometimes not always) are still broken and run like ass. It wouldn't be so bad if at least the frame timing was decent, but it's not. Dropping to 45ish fps on those maps feels more like 20 at best.

i5 4460
    1060 6GB
    12GB DDR3
    500GB SSD
    Win 8.1

Oh and infinite loading screens are back. Second match yesterday resulted in an infinite loading screen stuck at 0% and later again, but stuck at 45% (around 20% for my friend who I was playing SWF with). Both times I just closed DbD via task manager after waiting for 5+ minutes. In the past 4 or 5 months I've had exactly 0 infinite loading screens, only softlocks in other types of loading screens.

Post edited by nomorevideos on
  • FarabeeFarabee Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2018

Issue: Map lighting/color and audio issues
    Processor: Intel i5-2500k 4.2 GHz OC
    RAM: 16 GB
    Hard Drive: Intel SSD (SATA3)
    Graphics Card: GeForce 1060, 6GB DDR5
    Monitor: ASUS VE278Q
    Operating System: Win10
    Quality selected: Low-Ultra (experimenting)
    Map played: Coldwind, Ski Lodge, Autohaven, Macmillan

Additional details: Lighting on the older maps looks absolutely terrible. Macmillan looks like it has multiple floodlights shining on it. Autohaven Wreckers is covered in a foggy green miasma, and Coldwind Farms maps look like they've been sprayed with Agent Orange. The new Ski Lodge map looks fantastic, however. The overall brightness of all the maps makes scratch marks extremely hard to see, as previously I relied on contrast of their brightness to discern them. Additionally, the game becomes very dark when going indoors.

The new map looks great, but has serious frame rate issues. Every other map I can run at 60FPS on Ultra, the Ski Lodge gets 30-40FPS if I'm lucky.

The biggest issue, however, is the new audio changes. The entire master gain appears to be going through some sort of post-processing in the form of a limiter, causing a "wall of sound" effect where the overall audio level is kept consistently maxed out and causing dynamics to be lost. For a good example of how this impacts sound quality, Google "loudness war" for how it effects the music industry and why this is bad.

When multiple sounds overlap (such as a chase) there is some serious audio distortion happening that isn't tied to the one volume slider we are given in the settings. Not only is it difficult to discern the relative positioning of objects based on their sound due to these changes, but the overall effect is headache-inducing after a few rounds of play.

• DanerynDaneryn Member Posts: 43

INFORMATION NEEDED
    Issue FPS Loss
    Platform: PC
    Map played: Mount Ormond, Asylum, Haddonfield, Badham, Lereys
    Additional details:
    I have run the game in Ultra at 60 fps with no problems since I bought the game over a year ago. However with latest engine, I struggle to maintain 50+fps on average across all maps with the exception of the Ormond, which struggles to hold 40+ fps. Additionally the game now seems to run slower, with skill checks feeling choppy. I really don't want to have to drop my graphical settings especially seeing as my pc runs a number of more demanding games at 60fps just fine

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR PC
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
    RAM: 8GB
    Hard Drive: HDD 930 GB
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
    Operating System Windows 10

• Pr1n5Pr1n5 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2018
    Fps loss
    PC (Laptop msi gl62m 7rex)
    Ormond, Springwood, Red Forest, Autohaven Wreckers, The Macmillan Estate
    Low (100% Res) 
    i5 7300hq
    8GB RAM
    SSD 250GB 
    GTX 1050ti
    Incorporated monitor
    Windows 10 

Post edited by Pr1n5 on
  • kirqkirq Member Posts: 1

Issue: Fps loss
    Processor: Intel Core i5 7500 @ 3.40GHz
    Ram: 16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz
    Hard Drive: 111GB KINGSTON SV300S37A120G (SATA-2 (SSD)) for operationg system and 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM006-2DM164 (SATA ) for storage
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 970 4095MB
    Monitor: DELL 2209WA ([email protected])
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Map played: Mount Ormond Resort
    Additional Details: So far game ran smoth for me. Only FPS drop I had was in Freddy's Basement (Springwood). After new patch Game looks much better and still runs smoth on any other map than Mount Ormond Resort. When I play Mount Ormond Resort my FPS drops to ~30 and game starts to feel laggy. It doesn't matter if I play as Surv or a Killer.

• HarshOnion44HarshOnion44 Member Posts: 30
    Currently on Xbox one x. Suffering framerate stutter while hitting survivors during frenzy. That’s it really. Everything else feels overall improved here. Sure there’s the ice skating survivors bug but it’s not game breaking. 
  • CrythorCrythor Member Posts: 272

Plattform PC:

Badham Preschool is very bad now. Before you could look from one side of the street all to the other side so across the entire map now you cant see very far (and its too dark) and all objects or trees are just black silouets untill you come closer. They seem not properly rendered. This needs to change the old map was way better.

Lampkin Lane: This one sucks aswell. Way too dark and you cant look very far same render issue like badham preschool.

Léry's Memorial Institute WAY too dark. Old version is far superior to the new one.

Corn maps are fine.

MacMillan Estate: basicaly fine it just looks a bit weird but not gamebreaking. I liked the old version better though.

Autohaven Wreckers: Personally i like it a bit better then before but it really isnt much of a diffrence.

Backwater Swamp: Liked the old ones better but its not too bad.

New map: Looks fine to me.

Gideon Meat Plant: couldnt test yet.

PC specs:

i5 4690k
    gtx 980 ti
    16 gb ram

• Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

Quick Question: Exactly how is this going to help considering the last time this was done not a thing was done to fix it?

• Maskkiller93Maskkiller93 Member Posts: 1

I do not really want to give my specs as they probably are horrible considering a seven year old PC. However, I typically can still run games on LOW - Medium depending on the game above 60 fps.

DBD was one of those games I could run on Low and guarantee 60 fps and Medium around 40-55. However after this update with new engine I cant seem to get above 30 fps if I am lucky. I am freezing as I play DBD and sometimes my screen just freezes for minutes because of it.

I beg you BHVR, please fix this engine or consider reverting back to the old one as I no longer can play this game which i have been playing since Launch back in June 2016. The minimum specs required back then were no match for my Laptop specs as I had specs far greater than those required.

Again please BHVR fix this current graphic issue and guarantee the minimum specs required, this new engine definitely upped the minimum specs and now I can not longer play a game I love and will have to reconsider.

• RinWaifuRinWaifu Member Posts: 32

Framerate drop, Sttuter and graphic settings not working.
    Lowest FPS = 15 (Shelter Woods and Snow Map)
    Highest FPS = 55 (Lery's Memorial)
    Average FPS = 33-40 (Most maps)

Lost FPS Max - 15
    Lost FPS Min - 5
    PC Specs
    Intel Core i7 4510U, 2 Core/4 Threads - 2,6 GHz
    Nvidia Geforce 710M
    8 GB Ram
    Windows 10 Single Language

MacMillan Estate: The color brightness are too high
    Autohaven Wreckers: FPS Drop near Trees and weird map render in far objects
    Coldwind Farm: FPS Drop near the cornfield

• RevivyxRevivyx Member Posts: 1
    • Issue: FPS Loss when looking/running in centre of the map. DBD worked smooth before patch.
    • Platform: PC
    • Map played: every map, including new map
    • Quality selected: Normaly medium. Now Low (Still Fps Drops)Tested multiple times with changing the quality.
    • Processor: AMD FX(tm) -8350 Eight-Core
    • RAM: 16 GB
    • Hard Drive: 1TB
    • Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
    • Monitor: 1920x1080, 60Hz monitor
    • Operating System: Windows 10 x64
  • Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,294
    On PS4... I wanna give props to the team first.. DBD never looked so good on my console... it runs smoother (asides for M.t ormond that maps rough), the load times are amazing!! I was in awe when I got my first match needless to say im happy... but now audio....its crazy loud for the first time I had to turn my volume down because its soo loud... this really hinders killer gameplay it's very frustrating yet again not being able to hear survivors footsteps, breathing... audio is the only issue that I've had everything else is crisp and gold!
  • MatchaMatcha Member Posts: 8

Specs:
    Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9400 @2,66Ghz
    4 GB RAM
    Windows 7 64-bit
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 Ti
    Settings: Low 46% Resolution ( on a 1920x1080 Monitor)

Issues: FPS Drop, Blurred Textures, Lag

• especially on Yamaoka and the new map
    • can't play as killer anymore cause of all the lag and fps drops. Low Settings now look just like a blurred mess instead of crisp bad textures. its unplayable, cause you can't see scratch marks nor move properly without the game gltiching out.

I know my system is not the best but I do prefer being able to play the game on [BAD WORD] settings instead of not being able to play at all :cry:

• ReiBobaoReiBobao Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018

Issue: FPS Loss
    Plataform: PC
    Map: All
    Additional details: Before the new update my game used to run at 40 FPS, which is very good for me, now in the new update my game is running at 18 FPS.
    Quality selected: Low with some changes in GameUserSettings.ini
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz
    RAM: 4095 Mb
    Hard Drive: SAMSUMG HD502HJ
    Graphics Card: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
    Monitor: SAMSUMG SyncMaster TA550
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Yes, i live in a third world country.

• CrythorCrythor Member Posts: 272

@Crythor said:
    Plattform PC:

Badham Preschool is very bad now. Before you could look from one side of the street all to the other side so across the entire map now you cant see very far (and its too dark) and all objects or trees are just black silouets untill you come closer. They seem not properly rendered. This needs to change the old map was way better.

Lampkin Lane: This one sucks aswell. Way too dark and you cant look very far same render issue like badham preschool.

Léry's Memorial Institute WAY too dark. Old version is far superior to the new one.

Corn maps are fine.

MacMillan Estate: basicaly fine it just looks a bit weird but not gamebreaking. I liked the old version better though.

Autohaven Wreckers: Personally i like it a bit better then before but it really isnt much of a diffrence.

Backwater Swamp: Liked the old ones better but its not too bad.

New map: Looks fine to me.

Gideon Meat Plant: couldnt test yet.

PC specs:

i5 4690k
    gtx 980 ti
    16 gb ram

Update:

Gideon Meat Plant looks fine to me.

New map: lower fps then on other maps not critical though.

Badham Preschool and Lampkin late are extremly horrible. Render issues, cant look very far and super dark. Lower fps too.

• lindechenelindechene Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2018

Issue: color changes
    Platform: PS4 Pro
    Monitor: 4K UHD TV by Samsung - UE40MU6170
    Map played: Lobby before the game

Details:
    The characters faces and clothing appear very bright and overexposed after the update.
    It looks like the light cast by the fire (?) is now much stronger.

Examples:

To compare some other areas captured on the same system where the light seems well balanced:

Notes:
    Afaik my personal tv settings are not affecting the PS4 Pro screenshots.
    Instead the screenshots show how it is rendered on PS4 Pro by default.
    Names were edited out in photoshop for privacy.

• VombateVombate Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2018

Updated: December 15, 2018

• Issue: Little FPS loss, game freezing constantly
    • Platform: PC
    • Map played: Mount Ormond Resort, Autohaven Wreckers (Wretched Shop)
    • Played as: The Legion, The Pig
    • Quality selected: Low with 70% resolution
    • Processor: Intel Pentium Kaby Lake 3.5 GHz
    • RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4gb (I know it's below requirements, but I played with 60 fps just fine pre-patch)
    • HardDrive: 1 TB
    • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2gb
    • Monitor: LG M1950A-PM
    • Resolution: 1360x768
    • Operating System: Windows 10
    • Player ID: 2669976a-b387-47ce-aed3-69e080b737fa

More details:

• Game freezes for several seconds when Decisive Strike activates (experienced as The Legion).
    • Game freezes for a whole second sometimes when attacking, or picking dying survivor (experienced as The Pig).
    Post edited by Vombate on
  • LegitAdventurerLegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    Play Station Pro. 4k. Hdr.

Lag lag lag. The new server is beyond laggy. Frame rate drops like crazy now. Ontop of that The game has been disconnecting around 50% of all game's. I tried to play 4 matches earlier and the game crashed on 3 of them. I played about 10 game's last night and me, or someone else was disconnected on at least 4 of the games.

The new map is completely unplayable on ps4. The frame rates are very choppy and all movements are very laggy. Every single time I've played the new map, it disconnects after about 5-10 minutes.

Also this isn't new, but can we please fix Kat and Agent taps hair? I thought Jeff was the metal head, not Kate. Sorry, bad joke. But for real Kate's hair is a dead give a way while it's spinning and flipping all over the place.
  • MuffinWomanMuffinWoman Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2018

Issue: fps loss and im frozen in place
    platform: pc
    Quality selected: ultra
    Processor: intel core i7-8750h cpu 2.20ghz 2280 mhz 6 core(s) 12 logical processor
    RAM: 16.0 gb
    Hard Drive: cant find it seems
    Graphics Card: nvidia geforce gtx 1070
    Monitor: cant find this neither windows 10??
    Operating System: windows 10 home

I'm playing on pc

survivor problems

• survivor and game freezes/lag walks whenever the killer hits me
    • survivor and game freeze/lag walks whenever I unhook anyone
    • survivor and freezes/ lag walks whenever the killers heartbeat is heard
    • game will not load sometimes and I have to restart the whole game.
    • survivors and killer lag walk(if I didn't make that clear lol)
    Post edited by MuffinWoman on
  • JishKingJishKing Member Posts: 1

Issue: Lag
    Platform: PC
    Quality Selected: Low (After this update)
    Problem: I am a survivor main and I've always had decent frame rate on the quality setting of Medium every since this update though, I've been playing on Low and also the textures seem blurry and the fog causes the game to drop a ton of frames and when I went to go play nurse for my daily, it was as if whenever I blinked and pushed M2 to blink again it already canceled my blink and cause me to do the glitch where you don't go anywhere with your blink and that is how bad the frame rate is and also when I'd 360 to dodge a killers swing it's nearly impossible for the following reason, 1. I am flicking my mouse which results in my camera going in a circle but when it goes in that circle it lags cause my game can't handle that because of all the new textures. 2. I'll have to stop mid spin cause I feel like my game is going to crash if otherwise and I don't wanna be a horrible teammate. Same thing also happens when I play killer cause I need to counter 360's so I flick my mouse what do you know, I stop and it freezes for 2 seconds by that time the survivor is out of sight cause they're using lightweight. I don't understand why you haven't removed sheltered woods cause it has so much fog and it's so small and it just makes you lag so much and nobody likes that map and almost everyone can agree on that statement I don't know if this is just for me but yeah I hope you fix this really soon it's making most veterans wanting to quit till then I'll keep Lagging In The Fog.

• berserk1241berserk1241 Member Posts: 2

Issue:FPS loss
    Processor:IntelCore i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz3.60GHz
    RAM: 16GB
    Hard Drive: 1TB + ssd 220Gb
    Graphics Card:GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor:BenQ GW2470
    Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Quality selected:Ultra
    Map played:same fps loss on any map.
    Additional Details:Frames drop every few seconds from 60 to 45-40 which lasts for a few seconds and keeps going all the time during gameplay.

• SternhagelvollSternhagelvoll Member Posts: 2

bERSERK1241 i have the same Problem since the update. My fps Drops on any map from 60 to 45-40 fps.

• SternhagelvollSternhagelvoll Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018

Issue: fps loss

Plattform: PC

Map played : all

Fps Drops since the new update from 60 to 45-40 fps.

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
    GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB
    Ram: 16 GB
    SSD: 256 GB

• DirtyDirty Member Posts: 7

Issue: fps loss

Plattform: PC

Map played : all

Fps Drops since the new update from 60 to 45-35 fps.

Cpu: i5 4440
    GPU: GTX 750Ti 2GB
    Ram: 8GB
    SSD: 120GB