Home Dead by Daylight Forums Technical Issues

Game is too dark on new monitor

PleassBuiltInNoedPleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 617
edited July 2021 in Technical Issues

Since i bought a new monitor which has much more natural black color I've noticed that the game is like insanely dark sometimes and you just can't see anything in some places and especially if survivors wear dark outfits. That paired with no sound bug or simply survivor having iron will makes chases pretty impossible at some certain locations and certain maps too. Is there any way to increase brightness?

Comments

• CeleCele Member Posts: 62

I had the same problem with my new monitor. If you're on PC: Nvidia overlays help with that, I found "details" to be the best for it. You can play around and adjust the sliders and try different settings.

• InsaneCoasterInsaneCoaster Member Posts: 300

I had a similar issue, but started using game filters, so it's no longer a problem for me.

Try using something like NVidia Game filters or Reshade.me filters and see if you can adjust some settings to improve the lighting. Also see if there any monitor settings that could help. On my monitor, I can go to Picture Boost -> Brightness and increase it a little, although obviously it'll be different on every monitor.

I think a lot of people overlook this issue a lot, and it's very frustrating since there's no brightness slider in-game. For me, filters are pretty much a necessity to be able to consistently see what I'm doing, yet most of the time people just brush it off as an attempt to get an unfair advantage... but you know... that's just the DBD community for you.

• fogdonkeyfogdonkey Member Posts: 1,510

I also started to use Nvidia filters. Otherwise I would need to make complete darkness in my room to be able to fully see the screen.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 10,623

I would avoid reshade, just because there's rumblings on the 7 days to die forums that EAC are going to ban it (a lot of us use it with that game just to tart up the graphics a bit)

• PleassBuiltInNoedPleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 617

Thanks to all of you guys for response.

• InsaneCoasterInsaneCoaster Member Posts: 300
    edited July 2021

Really? I've not heard of that. Are they purely speculative or have people actually been warned about it? I know EAC previously stated that they had it whitelisted, but I haven't heard any updates on that for a long time. I use ReShade for DBD since I don't have an NVidia card, and I don't like the AMD software too much, but if this is true, I might consider uninstalling it.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 10,623

It's something a lot of the forum users over there were talking about since EAC is used by other, PvP-focused games. So there were warnings to remove it since a lot of us use it to make the game look better (which thankfully isn't as needed from A19 onwards)