Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Who at BHVR decided Billy needed nerfed more than Spirit?

2»

Comments

• PsychoTronPsychoTron Member Posts: 349
  • Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,285

people here once again point fingers at Almo for Billy’s change when in reality he never worked on his change look at this

He never worked on Billy’s overheat. Yes even though he kept saying Billy was op with curves. He talks ######### all the time he says stuff all the time on stream but he doesn’t actually mean it. He did some good things he never nerfed huntress he made Doctor a better killer and he fixed the struggling mechanic. But everyone ignores that and only knows him as the guy who nerfs everything

• Itslat3ncyItslat3ncy Member Posts: 351

I always gets used in chase it's not even close to useless. You stop dead hard basically every time

• M1MASTERM1MASTER Member Posts: 352

By the way, why do you guys always magically show up to defend him when he could simply join the conversation and explain things himself?

Maybe it would be nice if the developers were a little more transparent and talkative to the community in the official forums of the game, which is what they should be made for.

It's been a year since Billy went from one of the most popular killers in the game to critically endangered status and other things that people have been complaining for a long time like his buggy animations, still haven't been fixed yet; people just want explanations.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,824

The reason Billy isn’t picked is because he is a hard killer that you have to sink some time into to play well and a LOT of maps are terrible for him.

Only reason people picked him is because of old insta saw which made him super easy and forgiving to play. Anyone could play that.

His overheat mechanic was barely a nerf and I cringe every time people say Billy was gutted. He is still basically the same.

I don’t think he needed an overheat mechanic but let’s stop saying he is gutted. Because he’s not.

• kate_best_girlkate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

I didn't know he was fun to go against.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,000

I don't usually agree with you but with what you are saying now I do agree.

Honestly they could've just done the huntress approach "does not stack" that way people would not just use insta saw and crack billy which were the only busted stuff on Billy but no they decided to make a really bad decision and butcher Billy and his addons are a joke with a few exceptions like lopro.

• musstang62musstang62 Member Posts: 498

I'm still pissed about the billy rework. I thought the rationale (from some old elmo twitch clip) was that the stats showed that the top 1% of billy players were "overperforming". Can't find the clip. Overheat mostly just removes the option of feathering the chainsaw, which was something good billy players were constantly doing. Either way, if that is true, it's even weirder given that bhvr always chooses to balance around the average player, but focused only on the top players for this one instance. The FOV and animation issues are just icing on the cake

100% agree though that spirit was a thousand times more deserving of a nerf than billy. Cannot believe that they are stubborn enough to ignore all the feedback regarding that rework

• DeadByFrameLagDeadByFrameLag Member Posts: 56

You want to know the truth? Because spirit has counters like nurse, but peoples dont know. Yeah, spirit can be countered so doesnt need a nerf. In my opinion billy nerf is completly useless but spirit shouldnt be nerfed too. (It got already nerfed with stridor nerf)

• Rizzo90Rizzo90 Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 13,183

I want to remind you all that we have a no naming and shaming rule and this thread has devolved into a witch hunt, so I decided to close it.

I also want to point out that decisions are taken collectively, not by one single person.

This discussion has been closed.