Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Does Demogorgon need a rework?

I think I hardly ever see anyone play as Demo. And it's sad because I'd hope Stranger Things gets some more rep with the new iconic killer Demogorgon. I think he might just be slightly underpowered or maybe his powers could be switched up? How would yall rework him?

Comments

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,901

I feel like the black heart/Barb's glasses shows one of the main issues with demo:

Demo has no good add-ons.

Outside of those two add-ons there's next to nothing in Demo's add-on catalog that does much outside of a select few high rarity ones such as the whistle.

The other main issue outside of being weak number wise is that demo's add-ons are scatter brained:

Demo has slower portal sealing, Portal detection, Extra portals, less portals, portal travel speed, Portal travel recovery, Detection while traveling, slower travel exits, Silent travel add-ons, Post portal stealth, Portal creation speed, Portal destroying, Portal status effects, Missed shred recovery, Hit shred recovery, Faster Pallet shred, and Faster movement while holding shred.

I mean Demo's add-ons cant' keep a consistent ability across them or if they do they have a downside for no reason along with most being for portals which is the least used part of Demo's kit.

• RenRenRenRen Member Posts: 1,121

I personally don't like demogorgon for two things:

1. Setting portals: I kinda wish they were preset.
    2. Universal sounds: Literally anything you do makes a sound which is cool but it's also a hinderance sometimes.

Other then that I love too play demo but the poor performance on the switch kinda makes it hard to.

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 3,256

I always do horrible when I play Demogorgon, and I'm not sure what it is. My basic M1 game is fine, and his pounce does work occasionally but I mainly use it to make survivors break into 'evasive mode'. Portals are good, but...end game results usually aren't that hot compared to say my Trapper games where I shut down everything and walk all over people.

I don't face him often but I feel like when I'm the survivor they have a lot of trouble locking people down so it's not just me. Not sure what they could do but I wouldn't bat an eye (with Trickster in the literal sense, as it would gross up my bat) if they buffed him a tad.

• RumaRuma Member Posts: 1,936

All he need is a add on pass and maybe some buffs to his portals i think.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,519

Yes.

Nobody is going to play him until he's a unique Killer.

Make him more lore accurate.

• SavouryRainSavouryRain Member Posts: 339

No. He's a good Killer with a good global power.

• truegod_10truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

Not a rework but a definite buff to portals as well as buffing some of the add-ons with weaker abilities and downsides would be nice.

I personally love playing as and against demo so more is always good.

• SilentPillSilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

He’s pretty garbage. It’s funny they nerfed his addons when you still have killers like Blight running around.

Blight does everything Demo does but 10x better. Better short range lunge, better mobility, better antiloop, way better addons, etc.

• SnowbawlzzzSnowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,121

Buff the addons, no rework required

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 3,967

Demopuppy deserves better addons, since he only has 2 that are good and the rest are situational (imo)

His power is good. Freddy but better

• DragonMasterDarrenDragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,042

The only changes demo needs is to make his footsteps quieter and to not give off ambient noises outside of his TR, making the undetectable when leaving his portals actually do something would also be nice

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,408

Just because a killer is rarely seen doesn't mean they're in a bad state. People play easier killers like Wraith or something.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 3,799
    edited August 2021

#########? He is totally fine and fun. I wonder why so many ppl demand and think of reworks for literally everything? Would you like to build an entire building from scratch again?

Also many ppl seem to not even know what rework really means, ppl called it from Nurse and Billy also "Rework", its not. A rework is making something entirely new from scratch like Freddy got it.

Post edited by BenZ0 on
  • PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,519

It does mean something is up tho.

Demo is the 2nd least picked Killer, iirc.

He's perfectly adequate strength-wise, but his power is kinda boring.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,474

Demo is probably one of the most balanced killers out there and actually fun to verse, so no I do not think a rework is needed.

• CakeDutyCakeDuty Member Posts: 864

I think Demogorgon is one of the most balanced killers in the game and very beginner friendly.

He's kind of a Jack of all trades character, but master of none. Portals to travel around faster, shred to close distance to survivors running to a pallet/window, some tracking with his portal and a little bit of slowdown if survivors decide to remove his portals instead of leaving them up. So his power his got map traversal, help in chase and a little bit if slowdown.

His only downside imo is his addons not doing much, so Black Heart and Barbs Glasses are the go to addons for Demo players.

• UseTheValveUseTheValve Member Posts: 338

I do extremely well with the mini reworked demo at red rank, he’s fine. People like to say you need this add-on or that add-on but it’s not really true, he has some really fun add-on now. Also his portal are really really great late into the game more than in the beginning i think.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 5,236

I wouldn't ? He's actually pretty damn strong. Sure he could use minor buffs. But a rework ? No. He shits on a lot of loops killers can only dream of. 

• Patrick1088Patrick1088 Member Posts: 587

Demo is fine as is. He got buffed with changes to Shred and his add ons got a good pass. Lifeguard Whistle and Leprose Lichen give you so much information.

I think his issue is how loud he is even Undetectable coming out of portals. If there was an add on or perk that made you quieter that would be great on Demo.

• GamerEzraGamerEzra Member Posts: 853

I regularly play with demo.

His add-ons should get a big buff, i think that will make him better.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,598

Demo is highly underrated, that's why they he's rare. It's a solid killer and after the last changes I'd say he is well balanced.

• DustinDustin Member Posts: 1,638

I feel Demogorgon is in a good spot. Although if I had to give it any thematic buffs it would be the ability to lunge through windows using Shred with an addon and when Demogorgon leaves a portal they run on all fours for the period that they're undetectable. Granted that would need a lot of animations.

Aside from that I wouldn't change much if anything at all.

He needs slight buffs. Like his teleport needs to take 4 seconds flat(I think that's freddys teleport time). No matter the distance. It also needs delayed notification. Or none at all. Or at least an add on that doesn't give indication. It's basically useless beings survivors peace out as soon as they hear the teleport. It defeats being undetectable at all.

Other then that. Maybe just some add on passes. Like taking a useless add on and giving him reduced charge time. Things of that nature

• Luciferr_2ndLuciferr_2nd Member Posts: 892

Nah he's fine, i see demogorgons fairly often as well personally.

And i play demo frequently.

• SilentPillSilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

In comparison to most of the roster? He’s bad.

You got:

32m terror radius, so good survivors will have massive distance on you for each chase sometimes

Mobility that both requires setup, can be denied, isn’t instant, and has little offensive capabilities

Extremely or highly loopable, depending on the map. Shred is useless on plenty of circular loops

Needs 2 hits to down

Mostly terrible addons

In comparison to most of the roster he's very strong.

Most of the roster has a 32m raidus. And the ones who dont have a lullaby and good survivors will be gone the second they hear huntress or trickster. Deathslinger is the only one like that with no lullaby. Stealth killers withstanding because that's their deal.

He has better mobility then most of the roster. Only bad demos spend time setting up portals. I basically put one down at the start. And whenever I get a hook. Half way through the match I can basically get anywhere on the map. And if they deny me. That means they weren't on gens. Totally worth it.  I do agree it needs buffed. In the form of maybe a flat 3 seconds and no notification it's happening. Or at least once you come out of the portal. But push comes to shove. He's one of the few killers who can cross map in a hurry if need be.

I don't know what for demos you face. But a demo who is good with shred is anything but loopable. Go ahead and try to run some of the strongest structures in game against a good demo. You'll get wrecked. Shack ? Not safe. Jungle gyms ? Not safe. LT walls ? Not safe.

I've lost count how many times I've gotten a shred by faking coming in to the shack to make them vault the window and meeting them with a shred while they're vaulting to the outside. Or mind gaming them enough at a LT to shred and get them through the window.