Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

Tunneling Nerf

124»

Comments

• Power_GuyPower_Guy Member Posts: 1,572

'Since killers like to say camping and tunneling are legit strategies, which they aren't, BHVR should just create a mode for those players with no points given'

Ah yes, and here we see another Survivor main acting like facts don't exist, and demanding players be punished because their feelings were hurt. Here's two hard facts for you:

1. They are legit strategies
    2. BHVR has said they are legit strategies

Sorry. You're subjective feelings over camping and tunneling don't change objective facts.

• JohnnyB87JohnnyB87 Member Posts: 60

BHVR never said they are legit strategies they just said they aren't bannable. Hell, in the RE dev stream they even redacted that by saying some forms of camping and tunneling are gonna be autobannable. The reason being is because they're bannable offenses include keeping a player from playing the game, which is what facecamping and off hook tunneling 100% are. I play both sides equally and don't need to camp or tunnel to get 30k+ points. Don't even have to get 1 kill to get a perfect max point game. Same with survivor, can get max points and still die. You two sound like entitled killers that play the game just to be toxic...if you aren't getting 30k points on average as killer, you're not playing it right and probably camping and tunneling. Use the best perks for the killers abilities and there's no need to camp or tunnel ever. Most killers use BBQ, which to me is junk cause it deviates from applying gen pressure. Why go across map when that gen won't help you get the 3 gen you should be playing for. The good killers will let 3 or 4 gens go and outplay survivors on the last gen by forcing them to 3 gen themselves. That's REAL strategy and is how the game is truly meant to be played

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 5,264

"Hell, in the RE dev stream they even redacted that by saying some forms of camping and tunneling are gonna be autobannable."

Link(w/ timestamp), please - Sorry to ask, but you're clearly not here for honest conversation and I do not want to reply without seeing exactly what you're referencing, as I can almost guarantee that you're spinning your own biases into whatever was actually presented.

• CluelessWandererCluelessWanderer Member Posts: 515
    edited August 2021

I largely refuse to acknowledge you, because you're aggression and absolute venom towards anyone who dares say anything about the game that doesn't = KILLERS PERFECT. SURVIVOR BAD, is off the charts unhealthy.

If you saw my posting, you would see I have LOADS to say about survivors, SWF's, and the frustrations of playing Killer but you're so entrenched in your animousity that you're incapable of having a bloody discussion and stating your opinion without a brimming ego and an air of superiority.

My point was there is a cause and effect thing going on. I'm no fan of disconnecting, but I have no control over others. I do NOT know these people who are disconnecting. Solo survivors, contrary to what you believe, are NOT a Hive Mind. I was simply saying, for those of us who do NOT disconnect and try to play anyways throughout whatever may come, there is a CAUSE and EFFECT dynamic occurring that disrupts normal game play.

If you do not believe there are Killers out there, with names like "BringMeYourSalt" or "Facecamper" that do this stuff intentionally, you have either never played Solo survivor, or you're simply in denial ecause anything outside of your world view is just impossibly wrong.

Anyways, I refuse to ever reply to you again unless you can learn to Forum like a grown up. It's seriously ridiculous. Different opinions are not an attack on your character. Shriek into an abyss.

JFC these forums are something else.

• ZokenayZokenay Member Posts: 573

Im surprised this thread is still going.

• M4dBoOmrM4dBoOmr Member Posts: 245

New idea : chase nerf

Each second the survivor runs from the killer his speed gets reduced by 1%

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 4,141

Ah yes. Lets "discourage" a behavior and "incentivise" not playing in a manner. But not fix the problem of disgustingly survivor sided maps and gen speeds. 👌

edited August 2021

Lol. They're basically being disingenuous and using it to push their motive.

They said clear and blatant camping/tunneling because of PRIDE FLAGS and being homophobic would be bannable. Like if the killer openly admits it and calls them slurs. And being hateful towards our LGBTQIA friends.

As such. They've also said camping, tunneling, slugging are all fair and LEGIT strategies

• NicholasNicholas Member Posts: 1,505

Oh right because that's exactly what I didn't say. Why are you putting words in my mouth? And this topic isn't about every single perceived problem with the game, it's very specifically about tunneling. So why would I offer my opinion on other things? You don't make sense.

Because they go hand in hand. People love to say "do this and this" to discourage camping, tunneling, slugging. Yet never look at the side effects of taking away/discouraging those strategies

People want to talk about punishing the killer for it. Or incentivising not using those strategies. Instead of talking about the real issues of WHY those strategies are often needed(gen speeds and map lay outs/sizes)

how can a killer act toxic in a trial apart from doing it in after-game chat?

99% of what Survivors & Killers call 'toxic' is just the person assuming their opponent was being mean, because they feel bad.

Tunneling, slugging, camping, clickyclicky, twerking, etc ARE NOT TOXIC; people just say 'This got me angry, so the player must have done it to get me angry'.

The only truly toxic things are using cheats, exploits, or bodyblocking someone to: Hold the game hostage, give them away to the killer, force them to take a hit (and even this one could be accidental if 2 people are being chased)

edited August 2021

Very true, plus I think most Tunneling is just happening because of the game-flow, I once watched a stream of survivors going against me and all the time I found somebody they were like "OMG HES TUNNELING MEEE!11!!!" no, I just happened to run into you because you played bad, chose the wrong escape route, etc. there are MANY possibilities...

and yes, there are SOME cases where new killers chase only ONE survivor and then hit his body after they got him because they probably feel like doing that since they are the big bad guy (I always did that the first weeks when I started because It gave me that feel" AND some people do it to piss you off, but common this rarely happens (at least to me when i play survivor)

(for example, I am currently training to get better in chases, so I don't care about gens/hooking whatever, I pick the best runner and chase him the entire match to learn, down him- let him get healed up and repeat ;)

• PurgatorianPurgatorian Member Posts: 1,080

I think the unhooked survivor should get a sprint burst for either 10 seconds or until they stop running, whichever occurs sooner. The killer will either have to choose to play catch up, which will be a considerable waste of time, or target someone else.

This will have to be deactivated though once the final gen is done.

edited August 2021

no, it should be common sense that you don't unhook a survivor when there is a possibility that the killer is coming back or just walks 5 meters away from the hook, its just bad play from the survivor side

edited August 2021

I was just pointing out a way to counter tunnelling. I'm a killer main myself and will tunnel if I have 2 gens/4 survivors remaining. Doing survivor challenges show how bad and frustrating it can be though having game after game of tunnelling, especially on 4 or 5 gens still left to do.

Not everyone runs borrowed so get off your pedestal and realise everyone's opinion will not be the same as yours.

I see it as a survivor tunnelling a gen when it's almost completed too so both sides tunnel.

But tunneling does not need some sort of built-in counter. That's the flaw in all these ideas; they are working from a flawed premise, which means the suggestions will ALSO be flawed.

Tunneling Survivors is the same as Survivors tunneling a specific gen; it's just each side playing as optimally as possible.

BBQ isn't anti-tunnel, a better way to achieve that goal would be to implement additional prerequisites to qualify for the aura and/or BPs bonus. However many of the things I thought of could be abused by both sides so idk what the best options are.

The devs have clearly indicated they aren't going to withhold QOL changes just because an issue lingers elsewhere. And I can't entirely agree with your assessment that gen speeds and maps cause tunneling. You can't narrow the perceived cause of tunneling when it goes far beyond your stated reasons. Tunneling occurs before a single generator is completed or even on optimal maps for The Killer in use. Tunneling is an easy and effective approach is why it's so prevalent. That's the nature of many players; they will pursue the easiest and most effective option: tunneling checks both boxes.

• MassquwattMassquwatt Member Posts: 222

A lot of the issues regarding camping/tunneling can be boiled down to the fact that ouside of chases survivors have nothing else to do other than gens. You could go around and look for totems or chests but why would you? It's just a waste of time mostly because that's just the time not being spent on gens. The game desperately needs a secondary objective that both the killer and survivors can play around to progress/impede the flow of the match. That's why Pig, while generally considered not a very good killer statistically has the highest kill rate in the game because her power FORCES survivors to do other objectives giving her time to do her job and kill. As the game is currently designed right now it's basically a speedrun on who can get all the kills/generators because what else is there to do outside of that? Create new secondary objectives for both sides and the whole issue of tunneling and camping calms down.

edited August 2021

A lot of tunneling occurs because most maps do not make it easy to get a down. Let alone multiple downs to create pressure. Gen speeds/spawns are such. That you can lose 2-3 just in your first chase. Even if it lasts only a short time. Say 30 seconds.

So yes. I would say maps and gen speeds make people feel like they need to tunnel and be as effecient as possible. Over people just wanting to be ######### and tunnel for the hell of it

• EvilBarney666EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 137
    edited August 2021

Honestly, if you look at each match as. Well, I lost oh well. Or cool I won oh well. Gg and move on to the next one you will have so much more fun and relaxing games.

This game is too random. There are way to many variables that change your game. You can have amazing matches where you dominate either side. Then you get matches where you get demolished both sides.

Your gonna get camped, tunneld, tbagged, looped, flashlight stunned, annoying killers annoying survivors. At the end of the day.... who cares? It's just a game. Win some lose some.

Gg and move on to the next. Don't get so upset. I guarantee you will have more fun.