Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Coal Tower Is Still The Best Map

This map proves the art team don’t need to put in this massive effort to make an amazing, beloved map. It’s an extremely simple map, that’s fair to both sides and usually makes for fun matches.

It’s so annoying to have indoor map after indoor map, despite so many people despising them, and the last outdoor map was dead dawg which lol, another terrible map. BHVR need to go back to basics, they should do an outdoor Seoul map next that keeps it simple.

Comments

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 7,552

agreed and honestly the only maps released I've liked in the 2 years of owning this game are temple and midwich

• JunylarJunylar Member Posts: 1,548

Unfortunately, every licensed chapter will bring a new horrible indoor map, since every license would require some kind of a "building" to fit in its theme. Well, maybe except Jason's chapter with a lake camp, but it will never come to DbD. Just think about it: aliens - indoor spaceship, the thing - indoor lab, fnaf - omg, I would love to see this map, it will definitely be worse than RPD. And they will add a map to every licensed chapter. So every new license = +1 horrible indoor trash of a map, and there is nothing you can do about it.

• WexlerWendigoWexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Midwich is my least favourite map, but I do like the temple.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 3,209

Coal Tower is awesome and I also think close to it is Clowns map as well. Small, decent tiles but nothing rly annoying and good map for both sides.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,877

Chapel used to be way better than Coal Tower, by a very long shot. That was easily the most balanced map in the game.

But not anymore.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Coal Tower is a good map, but it has the problem of being heavily affected by RNG. If you get all L/T walls spawning it’s awful for survivors because you have like 5 pallets all next to each other, and then once they’re gone, nothing. Or for killers you can get multiple jungle gyms with safe pallets and long wall windows that all connect to each other. Ugh.

I like the fact that more recent maps are less RNG heavy. I just wish there weren’t so many of them set indoors.