Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Reveal SWFs in lobby

Apescape22Apescape22 Member Posts: 15
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

so I can dodge the lobby without guessing thx

Comments

• apathyincapathyinc Member Posts: 347

Dodging the lobby after you already played the match? Good plan, they will never expect that one!

• VioletCrimesVioletCrimes Member Posts: 870

I actually wouldn't mind it after the match (since the Devs would never do it before) to see if the other survivors are playing SoloQ like I am or not.

• Apescape22Apescape22 Member Posts: 15

no it should show up in lobbies so killers can finally quit and play a game without tryhards

• InsatiableMopInsatiableMop Member Posts: 323

Except I promise you bury more swfs than you realize...

• grtf47grtf47 Member Posts: 359
    edited August 2021

I know swfs are annoying but perhaps you can try to use them as a way to learn your weaknesses as opposed to winning against potato's

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 3,603

I imagine you'll find it very hard to get a game, because I bet you most lobbies have at least a 2 man swf.

And even if you do find a pure 4 solo man lobby, you'll still face tryhard opponents.

• JunylarJunylar Member Posts: 1,258

Yeah, because comms don't give 38 extra perks and other advantages which game's balance can't deal with. You are not even trying.

Imagine playing against a known cheater and trying to win instead of dodging the lobby with him. Must be fun.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 4,155

It's not relevant information in 99% of SWFs. Killers are too quick to blame SWF whenever survivors do anything remotely smart. I'm solo half the time the killer mentions SWF in post game chat.

• JunylarJunylar Member Posts: 1,258

It's not about "easy", it's about fair. Comms = unfair advantage not intended by the game itself, and a huge one. So nothing wrong with not wanting to play against people who use an unfair advantage and wishing instead to play just how the game's balance intends.

• UnifallUnifall Member Posts: 749

There's no getting better against swf. If so give me examples on why it will and I'll give you examples why killers could never get better against swf.

The game was made for solo ques. Swf was more of an after thought. For the most part swf offer a huge advantage but you don't agree with that right? Its clear when its a swf. Its not very fun for the killer but only survivor mains can have fun right? Get real. This is why the us vs them examples are always a bad way to express your opinion.

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,590

To have that revealed and a number of killers not wanting to take on swf would pretty much grind "Dead By Daylight" into an unkempt, shallow grave very quickly. It's just not practical.

Judging swf groups overall, they're not all the devastating kill squads they're made out to be. Some are already really good individually, but then it is possible to figure out a strategy to take them on more competitively. It's about learning how to best improve the game, and whilst there will be trials you'd get slaughtered in, it's learning how to improve afterwards.

I'm not against having a chance to see swf post-match out of interest, but then again I can believe some will take notes on who to avoid in future, so I can also see why that may not be a great idea.

The fact remains that swf most likely will never show in lobby. There may be buffs required for both SoloQ and killer, but the pro's towards game health not knowing ironically far outweigh the cons.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 10,689

4 Solos are not really a challenge most of the time. Most SWFs are also not a challenge for the most part.

"Swf was more of an after thought. "

It was NEVER an "after thought". SWF was planned from the beginning. Imagine someone wants to create a game in 2016 with one side being a Team without the option to play together...

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 2,513

They won't do that for several reasons. It would hurt queue times badly as groups are dodged repeatedly and unlikely to ever get a lobby. The last time the devs put out numbers, about half of all survs were in at least a two-man group. That was two years ago, and with solo queue just so wonderfully awesome I have to believe the number of groups has risen.

Pretty sure it was because if it wasn't swf would be a bit more balanced. But do you understand why people think swf has an advantage or do I have to explain it to you?

• FancyMrBFancyMrB Member Posts: 1,183

If anything is to be done about it, which I personally don't think anything does, swf should be shown post game and maybe reward the killer will extra bp.

• ProfessorDunwichProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 842

They never will. Of course, the overwhelming majority of Killers are going to dodge a 4-man SWF. If they can't get a game, they won't spend money on cosmetics.

You said it not me. But ill go with that you're new.

Not even the devs have any idea on balance tbf. When they "balance" a killer they either map it too strong,weak or add unnecessary nerfs to their abilities such as billy. Yes swf does bring an advantage! Good job. You're getting it. Swf isn't a problem on paper ill agree but its really unfair when they bring in comms which honestly almost 99% of them do.

Some examples or the advantages is-knowing the killers position, location of totems, what gens are close to being done, what gens not to loop, when the killer is camping, bringing perks that has the ability to recover from the game if it goes bad, BT all using UB ds etc, what pallets are left which ones are up, what generators to work together, which hook to sabo. Like it or not SWF has an unfair advantage. How they would balance it im not sure maybe limiting the same perks in a swf is a good start but it does need something. But ImaGInE NoT WanTInG PeOple tO PlAy WiTH FriEnds!!!!! Did i do it right?

• BioXBioX Member Posts: 1,378

this is stuff we have discussed for YEARS now, that is both the interesting and the incredibly sad part about this forum, watching the same things being discussed over and over again only because the devs dont actually want to try these things....

Anywho, I advocated a while ago for being able to see SWF in the END SCREEN, not before, but at the end so it could dispell some of the misconception that SWF means "completely unbeatable sweaty tryhards".

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 10,689

Personally, I am all for showing it in the Endgame Screen. I am very sure that many Killers will be surprised that they indeed beat SWFs and they will also lose the easy excuse of "Must have been an SWF".

However, I can totally understand BHVR on this, because it has a potential for toxicity. Some players tend to use "SWF player" in an insulting way, like that it is something illegal, something bad to play with friends. Everyone knows the feeling of playing Solo and getting ######### on by a Killer who thinks you are playing in a 4 man SWF, because for them it is impossible that they might lose to Solos.

So I guess this will also never happen.

• EvilBarney666EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 136
    edited August 2021

Swf have an advantage if they are on comms which most are. I feel the killer should be at least compensated in some way for it.

I don't know how. Nothing overly game changing but at least compensation in some form.

For example, if the killer brings the perk Knocknout its mostly negated by the comms. Hey guys I am down at the killer shack come get me. Hey guys the killer is chasing me, finish that gen. Solos would hear a close heartbeat, if they did not know someone was being chased they might get off the gen.

So comms does give an advantage and the killer gets nothing to compensated for it. I do not feel like survivors should be punished for wanting to play with friends. I just feel it should be more balanced.

• BioXBioX Member Posts: 1,378

that does not make sense to me, I mean by that logic the devs should not allow for you to see perks or add ons either because they carry just as much if not more weight then SWF.

And also its only because of the misconception that SWF could even be seen as an insult because some butthurt players think that that is the sole reason they lost, but being able to see if you faced SWF in the endscreen would dispell that notion over time.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 4,386

Idk how I feel about rewarding killers extra bp’s for playing against a SWF.

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 774

You’re the type of player to assume “I lost” = SWF