Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Opt In/Out for SWF Queue

TriadequinaxorTriadequinaxor Member Posts: 213
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

As we all know swf destroys many perks and gives an unfair advantage. this game was originally designed without idea of players communicating with voice comms and strived off the lack of information in the early days.

You might say, but queue times will be longer!!!, first of all this is a game developer problem, this isnt a player problem, the developers have not introduced a new gameplay mechanic in ages, dont be surprised when people dont want to queue up anymore/play the game.

Comments

• Lord_TonyLord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

I'd love to play in a non-swf game

• TheMadCatTheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Who will say "SWF opt in, let's go"?

Not me, to start with.

• gendossgendoss Member Posts: 2,264

Yeah I think very few people would do that lol. Which would suck because 90% of SWF players are just playing with their friends and not being super sweaty or anything.

• YankusYankus Member Posts: 576

I'd be willing to knowingly play against SWFs for a bloodpoint bonus. Maybe 50% more bloodpoints to compensate. It can go the other way too, give solo survivors 50% more bloodpoints for their struggles as well. Win-win IMO.

• InsatiableMopInsatiableMop Member Posts: 325

You realize a lot of your matches you easily stomp likely include 2 people as a swf in them right?

• truegod_10truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

I say this as someone who plays about 60% killer this is a bad idea. Yes, swf is annoying, but queue times would be ridiculous for swf's.

The only way this could work is if people were opted-in by default and had to turn it off, since most newer or casual people wouldnt bother. However, this would still likely raise queues and lead to experienced players opting out while newer players, who do not know better, get paired with swfs who are way above their level.

However, it would be nice to guarantee instant ques as killer by opting-in at anytime of day though.

The devs need to balance the game properly and make solo more equal to swf and buff killers accordingly, or provide some kind of nerf to swfs, either via gameplay penalties like reduced gen speed or perk limitations. I would personally prefer the former.

• LapisInfernalisLapisInfernalis Member Posts: 2,288

So if they would do what you propose, no killer, who isn't try harding anyways would still want to face swf. I wouldn't. Therefore every queue time exect solo would be astronomic. even for duos.

and 4man swf would just queue as solo and then switch lobbies until they get in the same one.

• KyxlectKyxlect Member Posts: 230

An SWF filter is something that I heard Behavior was discussing at one point and a feature I very much want added. Also, I don't believe the queue times will be as bad as some make it seem. There's 36k people on right now, about 60k at peak times and even more if you have cross play enabled. So I mean it may be a bit long at first but as a Killer, I believe the experience will be well worth the wait and as time goes on more and more people will start to understand that no Killer wants to play against an SWF group. I doubt even the top level players would want to so this filter is precisely what we need.

See, a common complaint SWF's make if you try to nerf SWF in general is that you shouldn't be punished because you want to play with friends. They don't want to compromise and see no issue whatsoever with being an SWF. This filter is the perfect solution, it in no way impacts the SWF groups in-game experience aside from queue times but you know what? As both a Solo Survivor and a Killer I'm totally fine with that. ;)