Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Killers, are you satisfied with a 2K?

Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,514

Just curious. Not saying that it is a "win", but if the match was fun, you had good chases and made lots of points, and two survivors escaped, would you be satisfied?

I used to think that I had to get a 4k when I played killer, mainly because of the toxic endgame chat where the survivors constantly berated me, but when I think about it, when I have 25K blood points and two kills, I'm usually happy. It only becomes frustrating when they're toxic as hell, then I want them all on hooks by any means possible.

Comments

• Dito175Dito175 Member Posts: 1,255

Yes it is definitely a win for me

• MadmegMainMadmegMain Member Posts: 105

yeah. i prefer 3 but 2 is a win

• LudicrisLudicris Member Posts: 244

Yes.

If I black pip. Yes

If I depip. No.

If the survivors in end game chat are abusive. No.

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,514

Yea, I agree with that, I actually forgot about hatch escapes, but I guess they are a necessary evil.

• TheMadCatTheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Do you mean if they were the last alive, or with the help of a key?

• IWFreakIWFreak Member Posts: 251

In the situation you described, lots of chases, hooks and points, for me even only 1 kill I would be satisfied with.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 3,101

It depends on how the match went, if I got a 2k only because I messed up multiple times with my power then it just feels meh.

If the survivors were coordinated and dominating and a few clutch moves turned the match around, I'm happy with 2 kills.

• NoOneKnowsNovaNoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,286

Through the use of a key. If they're last alive and escape through hatch without a key (as I may have already closed it) then I'll gladly take a 3k.

• RazorbeamRazorbeam Member Posts: 594
    edited August 2021

I'm satisfied with a good match, Sometimes I mess up and everyone leave one death hook but it was still an engaging game.

Edit: good example, I just 4k'd on legion, but it was pretty boring because the last 2 survivors just gave up and wouldn't even try running when I found them, that was lame and didn't feel like a great game.

• FancyMrBFancyMrB Member Posts: 1,228

2k is a win for me!

• TrickstaaaaaTrickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256

Not a killer main. But when I play killer I tend to be satisfied by the gameplay rather than getting sacrifices. So I don't care about how many sacrifices I may or not get, I enjoy the chases and things like that.

• TacitusKilgoreTacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,381

Im satisfied with a 1k. I am a killer after all, my only goal is to kill survivors. If one of them dies, i've basically fulfilled my role. From then on its just extra enjoyment to get any more of them

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,616

I'd be glad that I at least didn't lose.

• lolololollolololol Member Posts: 106

the game shouldn’t be focused on kills, it should be focused around hooks. If I get 8 hooks and two survivors escape. I know I’m gonna draw even or I’m going to pip. Depending on how good I was during the game.

• Power_GuyPower_Guy Member Posts: 1,572

For me: 2 is the baseline. I failed slightly at 1, and failed completely at 0.

But that also means I challenge myself to get more; 3 means I did better than average, and 4 means I won completely.

• Sandt21Sandt21 Member Posts: 535

I like Otz's definition of a win. 4k, or 3k with a hatch escape

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 9,361

I hate when losing to bugs and stuff like that but if it was a fun match, I’ll take a 2k with 9 or 10 hooks and 25k bp.

• Exxodus21Exxodus21 Member Posts: 984

Kills don't necessarily matter. If I get a 4k, but only because the survivors were overly altruistic during endgame, but for everything before that I got gen rushed, they "abused" loops, they all had 2 or 3 second chance perks, and I just generally had a miserable time then it feels pretty meh. But one the other had if I'm getting downs, keeping gens regressing, winning chases, getting plenty of hooks, and it still results in a 0k then I'm probably going to be pretty happy because I felt like I had a chance to win.

I think most people feel that way too. When you have absolutely no chance to win it feels terrible. When you already have to complete more objectives as 1 player than the team of 4 players do but they can stack up on enough 2nd chances that you basically have to get enough hits/downs to win the game 2 or 3 times it feels hopeless. When you want to experiment with lesser perks and add-ons or a lower tier killer but you know the only way you'll get them to work is if you randomly get paired with chill survivors it's discouraging.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,018

I wouldn't say I feel satisfied necessarily. If we were evenly matched or they were clearly better than me, then I'd be satisfied with 2 kills. If it was a hatch play or I know I made a game changing mistake or two, then I'd be pretty unhappy.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,861

No, a 2k to me is a tie....I'm not satisfied with ties. Either we're fightin and I win, or you win....ties just make it feel incomplete.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,581

I'm satisfied with a 0k as long as there were some unique or interesting interactions in the match.

• KyxlectKyxlect Member Posts: 230

What are you talking about? Dead by Daylight is a stressfest bully simulator if you're playing Killer. Good chases? What are those? Against good Survivor's, chases are them vaulting through window after window after window after window after window after window after window then it's pallet after pallet after pallet after pallet after pallet after pallet after pallet. It feels like an eternal nightmare because you can't move your fat a** fast enough to ever catch up to them.

Two seems pretty low. I think I'd be satisfied with a 3k and that's only because I've lost many a 4k because Behavior decided to give Survivor's a pity escape aka Hatch so I'm pretty much forced to accept a 3k as a win. 4k's are still better and a true victory though.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,525

It depends. Lobby of chill survivors? I don't mind letting everyone go. One flashlight using jackanape? I am salty if I got 3 kills and them on hook state 2. They deserve to DIE!

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,401

Too many variables. Depends on how the match went. If I was against a bully squad, playing badly or on an unfavourable map, then sure, 2k would be pleasing. Going into a match, I see a 2k as a stalemate, 2 dead but 2 out done you. Draw

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Its usually a draw at a 2k.

That's it really its the expected TIE of a game the devs say they want.

It never really feels good to get as the 2nd person to die is usually just camped to death once the last generator is done.

• GrimoireWeissGrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,185

Depends a lot on the context. 2k by camping at endgame or for pure survivor altruism instead of my skill? No.

A 2k with 8~10 hooks throughout the game and tons of cool stuff I did? Hell yeah.