Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

Remove report function

ASurvkillivorerASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,027
edited December 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to give people the chance to report someone who beat them at a video game? IN the end screen? Essentially guaranteeing it happens. SImply from playing this game a lot on Xbox I racked up tons of reports. Now just today I have had my gamertag forcefully changed because somehow someway its been deemed inappropriate.

If your name was John Smith. Your tag would be JSmi18 the 18 for the year. My new gamertag makes me sound like a cam girl....

If they don't review it I get to pay 10$ to change me own name. On THE DAY I buy the new DLC this game inadvertently causes this to happen to me.

Edited to say specifically on consoles due to their being confusion about this. Even though I am talking about Xbox on every post.

Post edited by ASurvkillivorer on

Comments

• HarshOnion44HarshOnion44 Member Posts: 30
    What was it prior?
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 16,624

False reports don't do anything in DbD, so you're in the clear.
    If you have a problem with the way Microsoft handles reports on XBOX, however, take it up with Microsoft.

• ASurvkillivorerASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,027

That wasn't what my post was about.

It being there absolutely encourages people to go the extra mile with reporting others. Even though 90% of the time its going to be someone reporting another person for either escaping closely. Or killing them.

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

People are going to go the extra mile, regardless of if there's a reporting section in the end screen or not. A person is more likely to act on annoyances and unpleasant experiences than they are to act on good experiences. It's how humans work.

@fluffybunny said:
    People are going to go the extra mile, regardless of if there's a reporting section in the end screen or not. A person is more likely to act on annoyances and unpleasant experiences than they are to act on good experiences. It's how humans work.

So your saying after getting angry and losing. Then immediately seeing an icon that allows you to report the person. In all likelyhood doesn't increase the chances of them doing it? Cmon....

I don't know how many of these repliess are from people on Xbox but back when it used to show reputation. DBD was famous for lowering player reputation. Mainly because its so easy to do. Reputation didn't actually matter. Now the icon is gone entirely.

@ASurvkillivorer said:

@fluffybunny said:

So your saying after getting angry and losing. Then immediately seeing an icon that allows you to report the person. In all likelyhood doesn't increase the chances of them doing it? Cmon....

I don't know how many of these repliess are from people on Xbox but back when it used to show reputation. DBD was famous for lowering player reputation. Mainly because its so easy to do. Reputation didn't actually matter. Now the icon is gone entirely.

You're talking like there isn't other ways for people to complain or report people. If a person is angered or upset by something, they're more likely to go forward and try to complain about it than if someone is happy or satisfied. That's just how people work. If it isn't in the end screen section, it'll be elsewhere and they'll find it and report. Their false reports are more likely to hurt them, though, than the person being reported.

A person's rep is different than them actually getting in trouble, right? I've never played the Xbox version. Isn't rep kinda dumb, though? Not that it generally matters in game, since survivors can't see the killer unless that's different on Xbox, too. The original post was concerned with being reported because it was on the ending screen, but honestly that's more likely to get more positive votes out than negative as people (generally speaking) are more likely to go through hoops for complaints than they are for praises and so on.

edited December 2018

@fluffybunny said:

@ASurvkillivorer said:

@fluffybunny said:

You're talking like there isn't other ways for people to complain or report people. If a person is angered or upset by something, they're more likely to go forward and try to complain about it than if someone is happy or satisfied. That's just how people work. If it isn't in the end screen section, it'll be elsewhere and they'll find it and report. Their false reports are more likely to hurt them, though, than the person being reported.

A person's rep is different than them actually getting in trouble, right? I've never played the Xbox version. Isn't rep kinda dumb, though? Not that it generally matters in game, since survivors can't see the killer unless that's different on Xbox, too. The original post was concerned with being reported because it was on the ending screen, but honestly that's more likely to get more positive votes out than negative as people (generally speaking) are more likely to go through hoops for complaints than they are for praises and so on.

You added to what I am trying to say. Precisely that is what people are more likely to do. Which is why its stupid to have that option there directly in their sight knowing how people act. Putting the option right in their face makes actually going through with the report more likely. As if those reports would have a shred of credibility even if the DBD devs were even looking into them. Plus if they apparently don't look into them on their side either. Then the props don't matter. The Xbox system I don't even think gets a flag when someone gives you props.

But no, I am not saying there isn't other ways. Not sure where that comes from. Made it pretty clear now a blatantly obvious point. Having that option there encourages angry people to abuse the option to report people.

Angry people are infinitely more likely to leave feedback. Even if it isn't reasonable. Putting that option directly in the game just makes all of that more likely. A bunch more unreasonable salty feedback. It doesn't serve a purpose .

The rep doesn't matter anymore on Xbox. So they say. It doesn't even show on the profile anymore but you can see your own rep. However mass reporting absolutely has an affect as it got my gamertag which is my own name abbreviated automaticalyl changed for being offensive. Despite it LITERALLY not saying anything at all other than being a abbreviated name.

Xbox support a side issue entirely is so bad. That I can't even say for sure I got it ironed out. I would've had to pay 10$ to change it to something else. What I think happened was they decided in my favor. Decided not to say a word to me. But let me change my tag back for free....who knows.

Edit. The exact amount of people who reported me for "cheating" also bothered to report my gamertag for being "offensive" I don't think that was a coincidence.

If you make it more difficult to report, then all reports - including legitimate ones - are less likely to come through. This is a bad idea, period.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

So you remove the report function sop when someone goes full blown racist/homophobic/death threats etc they can get away with it for free. The only reason you should worry about getting reported is if you actually did something wrong.

I've had people threaten and actually report me in countless other games, yet i've never received a ban because I didn't do anything wrong. The ones that tend to false report spam though end up getting bans of their own. Since threatening to report someone is considered a form of harassment the same for falsely reporting.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest

HARASSMENT: COMMUNICATIONS ABUSE
    Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
    In-game report REQUIRED

Don't forget that if someone threatens to report you when you did nothing wrong you can report them for it since that's toxic behavior. There's also the fact that the support staff has access to the actual chat logs as well as gameplay data.

@Orion said:
    If you make it more difficult to report, then all reports - including legitimate ones - are less likely to come through. This is a bad idea, period.

If they don't issue console bans or suspensions. The function serves ZERO purpose what so ever on console. Other than to encourage people to throw a random report at someone who won. While were at it lets randomly report their name or picture too.

Yeah Im not talking about on PC.....again. If someone goes fullblown racism on you. You hit the report message in Xbox messages and they're DONE. The console version doesn't even have the end game chat. You also don't even get to describe the report through DBD. You just click on a picture and thats it. It just goes to Xbox. Even if it currently DID go to the devs the fact there is no bans or suspensions on console makes it pointless. Not like there going to sift through years of data after the fact even if they do implement that stuff later. Even most likely 85% of it just being people annoyed they lost.

As of now it does NOTHING on consoels except provide incentive to screw with people. Then cause me to have to deal with Enforcement to try and get my name back. Until it actually can serve the same function that it might on PC it shouldn't even be there for the consoles. IDK about PSN but I know for sure Xbox can be abused through it. Spoken first hand.

@ASurvkillivorer said:

@Orion said:

If they don't issue console bans or suspensions. The function serves ZERO purpose what so ever on console. Other than to encourage people to throw a random report at someone who won. While were at it lets randomly report their name or picture too.

Yeah Im not talking about on PC.....again. If someone goes fullblown racism on you. You hit the report message in Xbox messages and they're DONE. The console version doesn't even have the end game chat. You also don't even get to describe the report through DBD. You just click on a picture and thats it. It just goes to Xbox. Even if it currently DID go to the devs the fact there is no bans or suspensions on console makes it pointless. Not like there going to sift through years of data after the fact even if they do implement that stuff later. Even most likely 85% of it just being people annoyed they lost.

As of now it does NOTHING on consoels except provide incentive to screw with people. Then cause me to have to deal with Enforcement to try and get my name back. Until it actually can serve the same function that it might on PC it shouldn't even be there for the consoles. IDK about PSN but I know for sure Xbox can be abused through it. Spoken first hand.

Bans are coming to consoles, eventually. Right now, the reports are logged, looked at, and tallied, so that the devs can ban whomever they see fit.

@ASurvkillivorer said:

@fluffybunny said:

@ASurvkillivorer said:

@fluffybunny said:

You added to what I am trying to say. Precisely that is what people are more likely to do. Which is why its stupid to have that option there directly in their sight knowing how people act. Putting the option right in their face makes actually going through with the report more likely. As if those reports would have a shred of credibility even if the DBD devs were even looking into them. Plus if they apparently don't look into them on their side either. Then the props don't matter. The Xbox system I don't even think gets a flag when someone gives you props.

But no, I am not saying there isn't other ways. Not sure where that comes from. Made it pretty clear now a blatantly obvious point. Having that option there encourages angry people to abuse the option to report people.

Angry people are infinitely more likely to leave feedback. Even if it isn't reasonable. Putting that option directly in the game just makes all of that more likely. A bunch more unreasonable salty feedback. It doesn't serve a purpose .

The rep doesn't matter anymore on Xbox. So they say. It doesn't even show on the profile anymore but you can see your own rep. However mass reporting absolutely has an affect as it got my gamertag which is my own name abbreviated automaticalyl changed for being offensive. Despite it LITERALLY not saying anything at all other than being a abbreviated name.

Xbox support a side issue entirely is so bad. That I can't even say for sure I got it ironed out. I would've had to pay 10$ to change it to something else. What I think happened was they decided in my favor. Decided not to say a word to me. But let me change my tag back for free....who knows.

Edit. The exact amount of people who reported me for "cheating" also bothered to report my gamertag for being "offensive" I don't think that was a coincidence.

It's mostly just there for people who come across truly offensive/cheating stuff, but aren't savvy enough or caring enough to go the extra mile to protect other players. If someone reports you for something that isn't bannable, you have nothing to worry about. Looping, camping, teabagging, and so on aren't bannable, for instance. The person is more likely to get in trouble than you are. It isn't like it's YouTube and they just demonetize anyone who gets a report. It's actually very sketchy when they hide those kinds of things. It screams "we don't care if we have cheaters or people who do things against the rules."

And how is your gamertag offensive? That's more related to the community, but if your gamertag was actually offensive, you can't be surprised when people report it... that's like poking a bear and complaining when it mauls you.

@fluffybunny said:

@ASurvkillivorer said:

@fluffybunny said:

@ASurvkillivorer said:

@fluffybunny said:

It's mostly just there for people who come across truly offensive/cheating stuff, but aren't savvy enough or caring enough to go the extra mile to protect other players. If someone reports you for something that isn't bannable, you have nothing to worry about. Looping, camping, teabagging, and so on aren't bannable, for instance. The person is more likely to get in trouble than you are. It isn't like it's YouTube and they just demonetize anyone who gets a report. It's actually very sketchy when they hide those kinds of things. It screams "we don't care if we have cheaters or people who do things against the rules."

And how is your gamertag offensive? That's more related to the community, but if your gamertag was actually offensive, you can't be surprised when people report it... that's like poking a bear and complaining when it mauls you.

It ISNT offensive. Which is the entire reason I brought this up in the first place.

@ASurvkillivorer said:

@fluffybunny said:

@ASurvkillivorer said:

@fluffybunny said:

@ASurvkillivorer said:

@fluffybunny said:

It ISNT offensive. Which is the entire reason I brought this up in the first place.

What is it?

@fluffybunny said:

@ASurvkillivorer said:

@fluffybunny said:

@ASurvkillivorer said:

@fluffybunny said:

@ASurvkillivorer said:

@fluffybunny said:

What is it?

I dont want to put my actual name here so re read the very first post for an explanation on what it was. Simplified, it isn't a word and it doesn't say anything.