Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 5.2.0 PTB Feedback

Devs: Please remove the "I CAME" part of Pinheads voice line...

Comments

• mynameisBlademynameisBlade Member Posts: 325
    edited August 2021

They should've just used a different line. Perfect one would've been. "You unleashed the power.-------- There is no turning back". Done.

Didn't think they'd want people to make such a joke out of such a cool horror icon, but whatever I have to remember what type of people enjoy this game. He is just laughable walking around saying that. I understand he already has some B* D*S*M qualities, but that voice line really doesn't add anything to his persona at all besides a cheap and stupid way to squeeze the voice line in....

Pretty much just have to watch everyone make fun of my favorite horror icon now... yay...

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 3,074
    edited August 2021

Man I don't wanna come across as mean here but

Have you SEEN what the dbd community has said/done about literally every other character?

Myers? Demogorgon? Bubba? Pyramid Head? And arguably the worst of them all, Pig

All iconic characters, and all have big memes about them in the community. It's just inevitable of a game this size

What's important is what the devs did to accurately represent the source material, which they did an astounding job. Animations, voice acting and even the various themes are all exceptionally well crafted. The power, while sorta weak - is at least accurate.

• bedlordbedlord Member Posts: 62

Thats thee BEST part it can't go

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 3,074

Hey I don't find fault in it, a lot of dbd memes are hilarious

I just wanted to point out that the whole memeing of the voiceline thing isn't a new occurence and was likely gonna happen no matter what.

• Alice_pbgAlice_pbg Member Posts: 5,066

direct line from blade

It isn't a direct anything to the film. It mocks the film at best by turning the "WE" of multiple people into an "I" of a singular person. Ruins everything about the line. Hell this was probably their plan to begin with.... They know how funny it would be to this community... Hardy har har.... Ugh..

yes, he did complain about changing the "we" to "I"

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,293

maybe its funny or annoying if you're watching on twitch, but otherwise playing dbd normally i don't think it really stands out that much. people just gotta go for the low hanging fruit to be a class clown.

• GoobyNuggetGoobyNugget Member Posts: 675

Just cuz one voiceline sounds wrong doesnt mean it should be removed, be happy that they tried to be as original to the source material as possible.

• DeanIcityDeanIcity Member Posts: 180

The things people get upset about now a days. Yikes. It's not a big deal, post Is silly, let It go.

• NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,334
    edited August 2021

HELL no! It's more or less one of the top quotes for Pinhead in Hellraiser "The Box, you opened it, we came" It's such an iconic arrival in the first film for the Cenobites.

To be cheeky, screenshot Otzdarva had taken during the PTB. Pinhead showed up, he wanted to let us all know it's him! Dirty, gutter mind!

• dbd900bachdbd900bach Member Posts: 282

I don't think the license holders gave dbd much of a choice. Realistically you can't exactly blame them and should be thankful for how great everything else is. "WE CAME" is just as bad plus your applying this to being that whole life purpose is seeking out the most extreme pleasure through pain while sharing that pain and pleasure with whoever opens the box.

I think it's the most fitting thing ever but if you're hearing that way then that is nothing but a you problem.

• FrndlyChnswSalzmnFrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705

This. Don't bow to people who live in their shelter of safety, BHVR. It isn't your fault people can't stop being infants.

• Lord_TonyLord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    edited August 2021

why it's literally what he says in the movie.

there is nothing sexual about it

edited August 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0utsyWNoupM

it's literally what he says in the movie. it would not be the same without that

edited August 2021

What ever you do, DO. NOT. LOOK. UP. PLAGUE'S. MORI!

\

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 4,142

Oh boy! if Pinhead continued with that line........................"The box. You opened it. We came. Now you must come with us, taste our pleasures" there would be even more gutter minds going on. I can agree with a lot here on opinions of getting mind out of the gutter. I found it awesome to hear that, especially been a huge Hellraiser fan and he has to say I, there is no other orders from the Gash there (and yes the cenobites belonged to that order in hell or they were called The Surgeons....going off topic here lol)

edited August 2021

When I was watching hellraiser the other day I said to myself "how the hell are they going to add pinhead if he doesn't talk it wouldn't be the same"

and to my surprise they actually added the first english speaking killer to the game (not counting nemesis)

if he doesn't say the full line in tact it 100% ruins his character and it will not be the same just because you thought he meant something else.

I will not buy pinhead if they mess up the line that's how strongly I feel he needs those lines.

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 4,142

No, an incubus is a male demon, lies with sleeping women to engage on sexual activity, where as Pinehead and other Cenobites, is said to be humans who were later transformed into demonic creatures blindly devoted to the practice of experimental sadomasochism. In one of the books, they are said to no longer distinguish what is pleasure or pain, the books go into more detail on things if that helps it gives a more in depth of what they are.

• ObscurityDragonObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

Yeah and lets also rectify the dictionaries and change the conjugaison for the word comming

Because oh my gosh what would happen if somebody said that they came somewhere, right?

I love this sentence and the way it sounds, it makes à good callback to the film and hes just saying it in the right way

• MozzieMozzie Member Posts: 618

I think the problem really stems from the fact he only has two lines. Why not just give him all his best quotes at random?

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

No, we need it. That's second best thing about him after his animations.

yeah I feel like I'd get bored from 2 lines he needs more lines.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,602

I don´t see the problem with this phrase. Why is that a problem for you OP?

Because he said "I" instead of "WE"

I agree, he should say "we" and he should be the first killer to enable co-op play with 3 other cenobites.

4 killers vs 4 survivors.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,602

Well, he says I, because he´s alone.

So if they change it to WE, they obviously need to implement killer coop.

Makes sense

I'm pretty sure streamers are fake laughing when they hear pinhead say "i came" because it gets them twitch views.

100% guarantee otz was faking his laugh.

Only a small group of people will think that line is actually funny.

• xiozenxiozen Member Posts: 59

If we end up with multiple cenobites as skins for Pinhead, then the "i came..." should be changed to "we came..." just makes more sense. But I love this update.... a few tweaks and I think this killer would be completely at home in Dead by Daylight.

If the legendary skin is chatterer you're just hearing teeth lol.

My guess is they'll be doing the woman instead because she has the most voice lines next to pinhead.

• T3NKOT3NKO Member Posts: 2

If you hear the saying "I CAME" and think of a sexual act then its your problem and the dirty filthy mind of yours. In the movie he says "WE CAME" but that's when there is more than just him, so they changed it to fit with the character. Clearly you have some underlining issues that you seem to see sexual innuendos where there isn't one then I think you should turn the game off and move on.