The Cenobite is Weird
The only things I want to say about The Cenobite that need to be considered.
- The Killer is a zoner archetype through and through; he has range, setup, trap and slowdown potential. So, why is a character with this much power given 4.6m/s movement speed?
- The Power of The Cenobite is, for all intents and purposes, extremely powerful since it does things that cheat the normal gameplay system of Dead by Daylight. It slows down Survivors so considerably that him being a 4.6m/s Killer is actually quite absurd, and will only lead to him being the top picked Killer in top level play due to his chase potential.
- If anything, The Cenobite should only have 4.4m/s movement speed so that the Survivor players (in all levels) will at least have some method of fighting back. Given that he is a ranged Killer with extremely good slowdown abilities, Pinhead will likely need this nerf in the future, or else he may end up being a problem.
As for the main ability of the Cenobite, I really don't have much problems with it (bugs aside), but I think that some things may need to be changed before he actually launches:
- The Lament Configuration needs to have some sort of anti-holding measure for it. Right now, you might as well always just hold it since it's not only bugged (as I've held it once for most of the match and ended up getting rid of the Chain Hunt entirely), but there's no incentive to actually get rid of it outside of the chains.
- Thus I suggest that the Survivor has the Incapacitated status effect until they use it up, so that way they can't do generators. But after around 10 seconds, The Cenobite can just blatantly warp to them if he wants with a new voice line chastising the Survivor for their inaction.
- Chain Hunt is alright, same with his main ability, bugs aside of course.
- I will at least say that maybe keep the whole "Survivor slowly falls down like a feather" thing that we've been seeing. It's actually amusing.
And finally animations. I hate just about all of them because of how unfinished they actually look.
- The walking animation of his looks very stiff; I get that he probably moves very stiffly in the actual movie, but this is a different level of stiffness altogether; he needs a little more weight in his movement.
- The idle animations in the menu just look completely unfinished. The one where he configures the Lament Configuration should probably not swiftly transition into his idle animation.
- The one where he uses his chains needs significantly more polish. He looks like he should be showing a menacing expression (seen from the render video where his animations were), and the chains themselves need to have their little extradimensional portals so that they don't look like they clip in from nowhere Jack Baker style.
- Then there's the beginning of his Mori. It needs to be fixed up. It looks like some college intern of yours animated it. I'd probably increase the length a bit and have him hold his head away for a bit longer before pointing it to the survivor, and have the camera work redone so that it looks a little less stiff.
- Then there's the part where he talks. I think you need to animate that mouth moving before release, because he kind of needs it for being a Killer who can talk.
- Frankly, that should apply to all Killers who have vocalizations; they need to have their mouths moving in normal gameplay. Would be sometimes unnecessary (outside of Pinhead), but still would be nice.