Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is anybody else with 1000+ hours still terrible at the game?

1624 hours as of right now and I still do everything wrong. I get spun easily and oftentimes multiple times in a row, I cant apply proper pressure to generators, I can't maintain 3 gens, etc.

I only ever win when the survivors mess up. As in, screwups that I did nothing to induce. Stuff like running into walls, console players still using dead hard, or bodyblocking while exposed by starstruck. Stuff like that. Otherwise, I'm pathetic and can do nothing.

Everybody else I've seen with my hour count is way way way better. I feel like maybe I should quit the game since it's clear I'll never be good at it.

Comments

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,054

Yes. 2k+ hours and I'm still awful as both killer and survivor.

At least me and my friend are having fun being stupid together as survivors, now.

• YatolYatol Member Posts: 1,033

are there players with 1k hours who are good at the game?

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 4,806

I still get 360'd. It's the nature of killers having such poor fov.

• NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,334

I don't even know how many Hours I have in this game (on console) but I'm very much average at best if not occasionally awful. I hang around Purple & Green Ranks with my casual play (I never dedicate enough time to DBD to really go past that and don't want to face above my usual Rank area)

• SupernautSupernaut Member Posts: 1,366

Glad to hear it. I'm at 5.6k and, while getting better, am usually the weak link in the team and have no idea of "optimal tile routes" as survivor or killer. On a side note, from a killer POV, it certainly seems that the average Green rank survivor skill has improved in the years I've been playing.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,047

I dont even have 1k hours yet

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,658

I'm pretty shite at survivor but at the same time most of my playtime is in killer so...

• MozzieMozzie Member Posts: 618

I'm at 2.3k hours and I still make mistakes. All of the top streamers with an embarrassing amount of hours still make mistakes, in just about every game. Take a break when you're no longer having fun. I've taken several month's off a time when I'm feeling burnt out or frustrated.

• stikyardstikyard Member Posts: 519

About 1K hours, mostly Survivor.

I'm better than people who are worse than me.

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 2,104

Well alot of killer is needing the survivors to mess up.

Honestly though you dont have to force 3 gens every game, that's just a more wanting to try hard every game.

I played on another tv the other day though and god damn did it put me off lol, went from hitting constant greats to struggling hitting normal skill checks and its infuriating!

• BlindMoleBlindMole Member Posts: 606

Yes, I'm on ps4 so can't see my hours but i think i have above 1K hours.

Yet, the times i reach green ranks i often can't put enough pressure, i still get spun, juked and fairly often outplayed. And oh god... They ALWAYS seem to find a pallet 0.5 seconds before i can hit them.

• JasonsfarJasonsfar Member Posts: 54

I agree, people have become much better than when i started playing. Back then everybody was stealthing around

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 4,023
    edited August 2021
  • MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,437

Interesting thing there:

1k+ hours and i've found myself better at outwitting veterans than new players...

• BabuDweetBabuDweet Member Posts: 552

I have 2.5k hours on my main account and I'm pretty good honestly. I'm not even just saying it but I'm really good at this game, at both sides.

Some people pick things up easier than others and some people are just better at certain games than others is all.

Just keep playing bro you got this!

• ccactus623ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

If you have that many hours in any game you clearly enjoy it so don't worry too much you're probs not as bad as you think

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

I wouldn't worry about it as long as you're having fun. It's a game afterall, you play it to enjoy it, not to sweat over getting better at it (unless that's fun for you ofc).

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 1,564

Same here.

But don't worry. DBD is weird because it's a game where you can see someone with 800 hours and think, "Aww, it's a baby." If my opponent or teammates have less than 2000 hours I don't expect them to be very good, and I still don't even have 2000 yet.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,391

beyond 2k hours, I am god awful at this game and still make the simplest of loops too long

• domriverdomriver Member Posts: 133

I have just a bit under 1200 hours in this game. And oh yeah im not a tough killer. I get toyed with :( blinded ( two times in a row straight) :(

stunned :( tricked :( survivors seem to disappear into thin air after i hit them :( i ask myself why are Nea's always the problem ? :( Why are claudettes so hard to see anywhere ? :( i get 360'd :( LOLLLLL im an ok survivor :) love the game though - playing on switch :)

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 4,063

2k + hours here and yes. I can get flashy saves now though! Well, sometimes

• PalletsAndHooksPalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

3000 hours and I *enjoy* camping for the 4k. It's a game, so I keep the mindset that there's always way more losers than winners.

If you enjoy what you do and it's fun keep playing. If winning is the only way to have fun, you'll want to play something else. Back 4 Blood was pretty good, although their AI is terrible...at least they have AI. There's alot of upcoming games that are going to blow the charts, and dead by daylight has peaked and become stale due to massive QoL issues and mismanagement.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 16,560

yepp, 3k plus hours and I still make the silliest of mistakes sometimes...and that's fine, I think it's the same for the majority of people.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 6,074

Yep. Way over 1k hours and I still play like #########.

• WishIcouldmainWishIcouldmain Member Posts: 3,583

Happens I still fall for basic tricks sometimes

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 2,789

We all go in and out of potato. I’ve had great moments. Still have some really braindead moments.