Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What is currently bothering you about the game?

Comments

• VioletCrimesVioletCrimes Member Posts: 879

The errors. Lags, stutters, disconnects, etc.

Team mates who are either useless (hiding in lockers while I die on hook) or stupid (charging straight at the killer like they’re going to knock them over).

Killers who slug all the time. Yeah, yeah, legitimate strategy, but it’s still boring.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,975

That they aren't going to reskin Hawkins. That decision is almost worse than whatever contract they agreed to.

• MadmegMainMadmegMain Member Posts: 105

Theres a new perk for that. Pinheads perk whatever its called

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 6,898

Performance issues.

• ImBrakingBikeImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

Constantly going against red rank killers in matches that last less than 5 minutes

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 7,308

Fps drops and lag.

• miketheratguymiketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    • Survivors who camp the hatch, especially if there's another survivor left and a reasonable chance of both survivors escaping if the camper would bother to just help out
    • The Wraith - too boring and frustrating to play against due to his easy cheesy basekit. I get literally zero enjoyment whenever it's a Wraith match
    • The massive emphasis on chases and loops. I get it, it's what the game has become all about. That's fine. I just don't enjoy this aspect and never will.
    • Sweaty players on either side
    • Intentional DCs
    • Survivors who work with the killer

• FreddoFreddo Member Posts: 130

Getting a hitmarker but it doesn't connect. (hitting someone with a hatchet then they dead hard through it somehow.)

• ElenaElena Member Posts: 2,188

A certain developer who seems to make the wrong choices a lot, if you know you know.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    1. The total lack of QoL for solo survivors. They’ve made maybe one or two changes in the last 5 years to make solo survivor less bad, which is honestly pathetic. No, extremely poor effort things like adding a totem counter to Small Game aren’t a buff to solo queue.
    2. Most maps remain significantly unbalanced one way or another, mostly in favour of survivors. The fact that they updated the Coldwind maps and yet Cowshed remains as broken as ever is frankly sad. Haddonfield stays Haddonfield, which is just… lol.
  • BluerryBluerry Member Posts: 227

map RNG and the designs of itselves is a huge problem. if u have a bad RNG killer is lucky if u get a good RNG survivor is lucky. Not much skill based thing is out there but luck based system implemented in game also haddionfield,midwich,suffocation pit etc. exist imagine all of these combining with a solo queue claudete that selfcares in a corner for forever or having a ace not getting out of pallets in gideon meat plant

DBD the luck based kinda horror game

• ApollosApollos Member Posts: 1,052

Lately I'm just burnt out on playing the game. I feel like there's no reason to advance in the rift. Going against aggressive players makes me not want to play as often.

It doesn't really feel like the devs are all that invested in listening to player concerns either. These forums are set up so bizarrely for that kind of thing and only really serve as a place to argue freely until you strike a nerve with a mod.

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 7,552

Besides optimization

Breakable walls these bad boys unironically have made me consider quitting the game

There being like only 2 or no perk buffs in updates really annoying at this point how so many are left in the dirt

Map reworks these are definitely the worst literally none of the reworks improved gameplay it was just "hey let's make it pretty and slap up those breakable walls"

• TacitusKilgoreTacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,381

The underwhelming content additions. Blight is quite literally the only decent content addition we have had in nearly 3, soon to be 4, chapters. No new maps, no new interesting environments to play, basically no new interesting perks, the game is INCREDIBLY stale. This is significantly worsened by the fact that the bugs are becoming worse than they've ever been, which is making everybody grumpy.

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 3,063

Game performance and optimization. The RE chapter came the closest yet to just killing off the prior gen consoles, and negatively impacted all platforms.

And the patches after it only partially fixed the issues, so right now performance is actually worse than pre-RE for almost everyone. How can any developer be ok with that?

• Rogue11Rogue11 Member Posts: 835

Let's see, for starters, the devs making 4 separate patches over the last year to prevent mixing set cosmetics, while barely attempting (and mostly failing) one patch to fix console performance.

The devs "updating" various maps, models, animations, and UI in a rushed fashion, mostly ignoring any negative feedback, and declaring said reworks a success.

Unnecessary and dysfunctional chat filter that has no option to be disabled if you don't want daddy gaming company to save you from scary words.

Getting pallet hit rollbacks when playing killer every other match.

MMR that only matches me against Blight and Nurse players with 4 slowdown perks, leading to burnout and boredom from lack of variety in survivor gameplay.

Continually creating and reworking killers to be strong 1v1 in chase but terrible 1v4, making games boring for both sides. Survivors hold W and M1 to counter oppressive anti-loop mechanics and no one has fun.

I'm sure there are other things but these just came to mind.

• tixerptixerp Member Posts: 270
    edited August 2021

A lot of things. But I won't list them all.

I don't like killer designs and powers anymore, and I feel the game has lost its way in terms of design. Ever since Spirit, it feels like killer powers have been on a decline of being increasingly complex, and sometimes the playstyle encouraged by these powers don't even reflect that. I miss early killer powers where it's just 1 interesting idea, and you can use it however you want. No cooldown, no meters, no tons of status effects, no built in killer instinct or aura reading or crap. I blame the community that wants this balanced like an Esport. The game was never meant to be competitive, and it hampers novel but prickly ideas, like Old Freddy.

And does no one remember the thematic tone of the game? This dark take on folklore monsters, and slashers? Survivors running every day, hiding from killers. and living with hope through fear? Not a single thing about the game feels connected to that anymore. All these flashy bright clean cosmetics ruin the atmosphere. We're running around maps in the Wild West, Feudal-style Japan, and Old Babylonian-temples. The joke cosmetics are, just that, a joke. Killer designs now can just be a slightly altered human like Twins and Trickster. It's all really sad to see.

Even something as simple as characters being blank slate horror archetypes. Now that's ruined. Every character needs a 14 paragraph long backstory, leaving nothing to the imagination with terrible writing. The game is stomping on it's past, which I used to have massive respect for. And in the end, no one else seems to mind it. In fact a lot of people praise DBD's new direction. So oh well, what can you do. I hope for more than anything, that a competitor comes to DBD, that tries to capture DBD's old design methods. Maybe I'll make it myself.

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 7,552

I'm seriously glad xbox messages don't have filters it's like the Devs borrowed the pc chat filter from roblox lol

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,685

The lack of a proper wincon to balance the game around.

Also game performance/frame rate issues. :(

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2021

Bugs, cheats and rubbishy new chapters' quality

• TatsuiChiyoTatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 516

Two things.

Primary, lack of any optimization or open discussion by the developers on the subject. By this I mean anything more than the whole "we care abd are looking at it" they keep trying to sell. How are you looking at it? What EXACTLY are you doing to make the game run better on consoles? Because after Binding of Kin and RE, the devs can say all they want they care but they are SHOWING me they do not, or at least showing the impression they do not.

I'm not expecting a magic patch that will fix everything forever, and even if I want and feel that dedicating an entire chapter purely to game health is the best choice, I understand BHVR is a business first and foremost and they need to sell product. Same reason why that even though I wish Fog Whispers would grow a backbone and actually showcase the state of this game I k ow why they don't. This is their livelihood for most of them, they need to pay bills to.

I do feel though BHVR would win so much EASY good PR if they just came out and said "hey, we've got problems, we are doing x to fix y" R6 Siege got plenty if good PR after Operation Health and remains a top tier game even with its own issues. Again, recognize they are different companies, but it's not like Ubisoft patented fixing broken games.

I just want to SEE more and HEAR less

As for a minir fix, I want more fun killers. Everyone bags on Trickster, but he's pretty fun for me to play. I get he's not S Tier, but does every Killer need to be?

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 4,306

There's a certain elitism a small section of the dbd community has and it ticks me off

• DBK1DBK1 Member Posts: 66

Claire doesn't have a P3 cosm.

I can live with her having no unquie perks, but I mean c'mon, if you're going to go the extra mile at least style on 'em

• LudicrisLudicris Member Posts: 244

The repetitiveness. Every game feels the same, and I am at the point where I feel like I building every Killer the same way, something to the effect of BBQ, Franks, Pop, and Sloppy - a few minor changes for Killers that can't utilize perks like Franks or Sloppy (though even most m2 killers still can use them against good survivors). Playing survivor feels like you always have to take 4 perks to clean up ally mistakes, and playing with friends you just run meme builds and get stomped on, or are forced to run BT, DS, SB, Unbreak.

Most of the maps are survivor sided, there are hardly anymore medium based loops, so you no longer have to mind game, it's just down to run the loop correctly for survivor and the chance you have when you attempt to hide your red stain (but hey if you're not playing stretched res with color blind mode, your playing at a disadvantage against everyone else because they are).

But hey, we got Pinhead finally, and the cosmetics are cool.

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 1,922

The Ormond graphical downgrade that occurred in the 4.5.0 update, and the lack of a proper graphics settings menu on PC.

• tixerptixerp Member Posts: 270

The fact the game doesn't have a proper wincon is a trait that made the game fascinating. The game isn't a competitive Esport. You create your own perceived victory. Balance should be around fun, and not winning. ""Winning"" is not always equal to fun.

How did I even forget to mention the UI? Holy crap, it was REALLY bad before, but it's still pretty bad now even. It was so bad, I refused to play the game at all with it. The most offensive part, is why did they even do it? Literally no one asked, and I think the old HUD was perfect.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited August 2021

The fact that last gen consoles still have optimization issues.

The devs not wanting to let us test Nemesis without the contamination speed boost. With so many people agreeing that it needs some kind of change, why not at least let us test it? Maybe we see something that you guys haven't.

When transferring from PS4 to PS5, the only trophies that automatically pop are the prestige ones. How does that work? I thought everything was stored on the servers, so why the hell does the game not recognize that I've already done a lot of the trophies and give them to me? The devs said they couldn't do it at the time due to technological reasons, but then why do the prestige trophies autopop? It doesn't even pop the ones for reaching levels 10 and 25 and getting a perk to tier 3. Does it just stop after looking at the prestige trophies? Are they the only ones eligible for transfer to the next generation? Is that not the case and the devs just didn't want to tell us the real reason? A lot of these trophies are a nightmare to get (and not in the fun way).

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,280

Solo queue teammates that do nothing but mess around with the killer.