Yes

No

• vacamanvacaman Member Posts: 1,140
    edited August 2021

NO

YES

NO

NO

[BAD WORD] the hatch mechanic and [BAD WORD] end game. Worst part where if you want the 4K you have to slug and spend a bunch of time trying to find a sneaky dude that could be anywhere.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • ChurchofPigChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,583
    edited August 2021

No x4. The hatch should only appear when there's one survivor left or all the generators are done. You should not have the ability to leave in the middle of a match. Also concerning the gates, as others have said, it doesn't matter if the gates are within LoS or not as long as the killer has some level of mobility.

• AssassinZodiacAssassinZodiac Member Posts: 259

Yes

No

Yes

No

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,287

No

No

No

No

• TheMadCatTheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

No.

No.

Yes. (And A.)

No.

I'd prefer the hatch to spawn when all the generators are done. Being chased by the Killer, hoping to earn enough time for my teammate to finish a generator, to discover they were camping the hatch...

It feels like the game ends earlier than expected. For me, everything can happen until everyone's dead/some people are dead and some escaped/everyone's escaped. I remember a game where I was able to finish the last generator while my teammate was running the Killer. We were two left. We both escaped because we played until the end.

I rarely play Killer, but I prefer to lose against people who did their best to outplay me than killing everyone because they gave up in the end, being like: "we are only two left, it's over". It feels rewarding also to kill/escape when both side tried till it was totally over.

I think keys would finally be more fair if the hatch could only spawn after all generators were done.

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 4,306

Yes

No

No

No

Keys are the problem, not the hatch itself nor the hatch spawning conditions

Some people think the last survivor being able to get the hatch is unfair/takes no skill and so on but it brings a quick end to a game that clearly wasn't going well for the survivors if they got to that point. It also gives survivors in a losing game a bit of hope, no matter how small

I like the ideas of like an 'endgame chase' or something put forward by some people, but I think it's unnecessary.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,068

Hey Tsulan, can you respond to this comment? It's on the first page towards the bottom — I'll appreciate it if you responded!

• LudicrisLudicris Member Posts: 244

No

Yes

No

No

Remove the hatch, and start EGC 2 minutes after the second last survivor dies/dc's. There shouldn't be a mechanic in a game that takes reward away from the player that done well, and gives reward to players that did poorly.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,983

B

Would lead to tense situations. Because the killer would see the light and search the exit area for the survivor. But could be baited by only opening until the first light and leaving the area for the other gate. (High risk, high reward situation)

• Grandpa_Crack_PipeGrandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 2,862

No

No

Yes

No.

Hatch simply needs to spawn under different conditions: only when one person is left alive, or all gens are done. Then, give keys an interruptible opening time. No more abruptly cutting the game short, keys are now that little endgame boost that might just come in handy-- like moris. Exit gates should be more balanced anyways, but if hatch was removed, it would come down to "Are you a mobility killer? If not, probably lose the last person. If yes, almost certainly 4K".

• MendaxMendax Member Posts: 130
    edited August 2021

Yes

No

Yes - A

Yes

• BluebirdBluebird Member Posts: 280

No

No

null

Yes

Reasoning: The Hatch should ONLY spawn for the last survivor, or when all generators are complete. The fact that 2 Survivors can leave when 2 fellow Survivors die, and they've only completed 60% of their Objective is unfair to the Killer. The Killer, to mori a Survivor, needs to get the Survivor to the point where they're going to die anyway, thus the Survivors should have to get to a point where they were going to (debatable) leave anyway. The Hatch should stay, as it's a mechanic that's existed since the game came out. There's no point in removing it if the Devs balance it. The Keys are balanced if you disregard the Hatch, the Hatch is the sole problem.

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 4,551

No

No

No

No

Hatch is necessary for one remaining survivor, and spawning when all gens are completed is fair. This would make bringing a key more comparable to a mori.

Issues arise when the hatch spawns while there are still gens to repair. 1. Survivors haven't finished their objective and so escaping means bypassing objectives. 2. You can't in the slightest effectively defend both gens and the hatch.

• meatisadelicacymeatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

It's kind of hilarious that you want anyone to explain their answers. It might be more complicated than yes or no.

• TacitusKilgoreTacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,381

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

• ZaroktheImmortalZaroktheImmortal Member Posts: 326

The answer is 42.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 4,627

No

No

No

No