Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Sorry, but I need to tunnel and proxy camp

fogdonkeyfogdonkey Member Posts: 1,510

I tried to play nice and "survivor friendly"... But it just doesn't work. I can't afford 4 people to sit on gens. Survivors are not playing "killer friendly", they are just pushing gens without even healing. Especially these SWFs are completely destroying me.

Maybe it is also because I play weaker killers like Trickster. Sometimes it takes a lot of time until I manage to down a competent survivor. And if they run to the shack, I am usually just forced to give up the chase, because the gens will be flying.

Anyway... I just start to hate this game.

Comments

• WexlerWendigoWexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

This is an issue with the ranking system, there are too many killers at red ranks.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 4,969

The nature of dbd gameplay is the killer is trying to remove survivors from the game.

People have been complaining about tunneling and camping forever and the game still hasn't died. It's not going to die from people trying to win and upsetting their opponent.

• Gamedozer7Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 1,970

Thats my point all gen rushing is are survivors completely objective asap which is not really fun for a killer and all tunneling is a killer completing an objective asap both are toxic by the others standards

• GentlemanFridgeGentlemanFridge Member Posts: 2,586

Among Us: Ending a crewmate's game right then and there is literally the only way they can kill anyone at all. Additionally, dead players can still do things such as complete tasks, or as an impostor, sabotage. They're not relegated to just sitting there and watching, unlike DbD, where you're forced to just wait it out for 2 minutes to allow your teammates to stand a chance at doing their objective. Also, if I recall, Among Us also was complained about with how being the first to die is miserable.

Apex Legends: How is this even comparable? Apex is not asymmetrical. Every player in a match can be picked off at any time, and they themselves have the ability to do so as well, with any weapon. Imagine in Apex that you're downed, and you have to stay still and watch, without being able to ping the enemies' location to your teammates. And that for 2 minutes.

• TheMadCatTheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I'm tired as well. It's like we all play only one side, where most of us play both. And even if we play only one, it's a PVP game. People play to win against other people.

I don't know. I feel too old sometimes for the forums.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050

I'm fine with these killer tactics, but if we're at 5 generators, do you really need to tunnel / camp? By no means am I saying you can't do it, but it's frowned upon if you do it when it's not necessary at all, especially in situations where you're not even close to losing the game.

It's just frustrating when one of my teammates DC, then the killer acts like we're going to get 5 generators done in 4 minutes and needs to wet the floor with their pool of sweat. I don't care if I still get sacrificed, but can I at least play the game before you get your 4K?

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 2,149

Because one side only affects the other's winrate, while the other causes the entire game's concept to fall apart.

Doing gens and camping are not comparable.

• Grandpa_Crack_PipeGrandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 2,685

Then do it.

Have fun.

I was talking about gen rush and tunneling they are both doing objectives effectively. Camping is a dumb tactic and will lose you the game unless survivors feed the camper

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,525

It depends. Trust me, smart killers are going to camp if they want to win. That doesn't necessarily mean face camping the first survivor you have. But there are times where if you are trying to play optimally, it is the only play. And I am not just talking about end game either.

It takes you 2 minutes to camp a survivor to death thats plenty of time for them to finish gens and get out. At worst they need to open the exit gate and with 3 survivors its not to hard.

• InspireInspire Member Posts: 123

And what do you do when that survivor you tunnel ends up running you for the entire game. Because anytime I try tunneling they just pre-drop every pallet and all the gens fly by.

Depends on what you consider camping most the time I hook some on i can see scratch marks nearby and look and normally find the survivor and then the rest of the team wants to show up and alot of people call that proxy camping when I'm just not going to give a free unhook

Yup I've been here where I need to eliminate someone and they almost instantly unhooked but the one off the hook was good and I had to abandon it or lose the game for maybe 1k

• SilentPillSilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

Well I have a lot of hours so that doesn’t really happen often. On killers I am less confident with I stack up some chase perks and that’s all I need. On all but the strongest killers I usually have at least 1-2 chase perks on.

If the survivor is really good and goes to an area that’s very strong, I leave the chase. I know all the tiles so I can tell when I should not be in a certain area if I can avoid it.

edited August 2021

I play by a two gen rule. If there is only 2 gens left i have to eliminate someone because 3 survivor with only one gen is a sweat fest

I mean 3 survivors on gens