Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Otzdarva noed experiment

Comments

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 2,149

Yeah, with two extra seconds of chase.

Unless you use it really well, in which case it's earned again.

• UnifallUnifall Member Posts: 749

Killers perks imo should never be "earned" survivors should be punished for not doing totems.

• FancyMrBFancyMrB Member Posts: 1,228

I am solo and I use my totem hunting build 70% of the time. I can't count the number of times I have saved my team from Noed lol. People really underestimate the totem perks.

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759

I said meta perks but you seem to have skipped over that.

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 4,260
    edited August 2021

Devour,make your choice, no way out, numerous other killer perks that require earning but have amazing effects despite the fact. Noed is mostly comparable to devour. Devour can be cleansed 30 seconds into the match. Devour requires 3 non camping unhooks from 24 or more meters away to get the instadown. Noed can't be cleansed immedately. Immedately has a instadown. And has a haste effect over devour. And i can stand in a corner and wait for 5 gens to pop and reap the benefit.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,855

It's not OP in any way, it's not even considered one of the better killer perks since you play with 3 perks all game and maybe get to use Noed IF survivors don't clense, and if they don't they might cleanse it before killer even gets one hit. It's not a great perk.

And earned? I mean Sprint burst and such you get again and again in a game, same thing.

• GingerBeardGingerBeard Member Posts: 226

What a coincidence, just last night at work I randomly started thinking about doing this exact build on Bubba to see how effective it made camping.

As for my view on NOED, I don't like the current iteration. I think it could be made healthier, could be something simple such as requiring four unique hooks to activate. Killers that camp their first hook of the game no longer get any value from the perk, which I feel is the main reason players dislike the perk.

I also had an idea a long time ago, don't remember the specifics, but the idea was making NOED have an even stronger effect that only applied to survivors that actually rushed gens. Kinda like how I assume the upcoming Mori rework will play out, where you need to go out of your way to do something other than gens or suffer the consequences.

• WedeguyWedeguy Member Posts: 278

Noed is a bullshit perk and there's a reason why it's a sign or at least being looked at - used by bad killers. the perk is so strong that it's being laughed at killers who use it, since they can't do anything without it. there's a reason this perk is being used in comp, it's just too strong and stupid and the killers in comp take it as an advantage cause they can't beat the god tier swfs in a normal way, usually.

• KyxlectKyxlect Member Posts: 230
    edited August 2021

Hah, I just watched a bit of that video and closed the window as soon as he started getting into that bit that NoEd gives you things you didn't deserve or earn. Which, I also agree is just a dumb thing to say. But we all know how Behavior is so we all know what's gonna happen to NoEd soon enough...need to keep giving Survivor's more advantages so they're of course gonna do everything possible to make Killer's weaker.

• BravobroBravobro Member Posts: 78

Noed is okay as it is. I don't use it as a killer at all because I'm not working towards endgame. I would like to have all 4 before that. The perk is okay for me because there is a risk that the totems are all gone before it is activated. Or it is found quickly.

• FancyMrBFancyMrB Member Posts: 1,228

I also like the idea of having to hook each survivor once for noed to activate. It promotes healthy game play (like Devour). In exchange tho I think it needs to lose it hex status and just activate upon the last gen being completed.

Maybe for good measure give it a 2-3 min timer ^^

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Why do you think he has so many followers and subscribers. Don't bite the hand that feeds, just nod and smile and enjoy the cash rolling in.

• NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,334
    edited August 2021

I love Otzdarva, but I'm tired of the community harping on NOED being earned or not, and I only ever use it on Clown for shits & giggles. NOED is fine, it can be cleansed and now more than ever do Survivors have multiple Perks AND Map items to cleanse Totems. Otzdarva even put up a video about how working with one person, practicing with each Perk by themselves they cleansed all the Totems really fast (granted it was KYF but point stands).

Gens can go by fast, seen situations where multiple ones can pop before the match even really begins. NOED, Blood Warden, Rancor and No Way Out are all about endgame snowballing, or securing the last kill or two. I don't see how Perks like these "aren't earned", esp if you're only using NOED. You sacrifice the majority of the main Match for a chance getting a dominating endgame or some Kills and lose a Perk slot hoping you can capitalize on the endgame, which is not going to be consistent. This Perk can easily backfire.

• BumbusBumbus Member Posts: 600
    edited August 2021

What I don't like about NOED is that it skews the killrate in low ranks a lot and that gives the devs wrong information about the game balance. But a game when killer does nothing for the entire game and then 4K's just because survivor teams care about saving teammates more than maximizing escapes is not equal to a game where killer gets 4K because he actually did good. The game should not be balanced around the first case at all.

• Rey_512Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

That has been one of my suggestions as well, it would make it more fair. That way a 0 hook killer can’t get a couple free kills because of a poorly designed perk.

Another thought is removing the Exposed effect from NOED and buffing the speed increase to… say 6-7%?

• DeliciousFoodDeliciousFood Member Posts: 460

I'm fine with NOED. It makes me realize I'm much better than a lot of people who compulsively play this game out of addiction yet still can't surmount the impossible task of hitting survivors twice in a chase and not 4K before the endgame the majority of their matches. Hell, I can do that without slowdown nowadays.

The worst part is I'm not even that good, so I just find it amusing to imagine that people make some mental gymnastics to justify their cheese because they're simply not good enough to win before 5 gens pop.

I do not count count gimmicky endgame builds here, or full-expose meme builds. Those are clearly for fun and are always fresher than the actual use of NOED.

So yeah, keep NOED, as it makes me smile each time I tell myself or my friend 'this guy definitely has NOED' and they don't fail to provide.

It sucks as a perk though, probably another reason why so many boosted killers litter red ranks which make way for boosted survivors.

• WedeguyWedeguy Member Posts: 278

The OP is using NOED cause he has to be carried at the endgame.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,918

NOED is just bad for game health. its primary problem is that it skews killer kill statistics. you can make weak killer powers and just use NOED to justify the killer in good spot. The perk is literally stronger than 70% of killer powers in the game.

Worst of all, Its really bad for solo-queue as it gives no telltale signs that it is in play and it takes a while to check all location spots to disable it in the end game, but by that time, there is chance that your team falls apart from NOED speed boost+Instant downs. Not many survivors do dull totems as they tend to be waste of time.

I kinda wish NOED was reworked to be an early game perk, kinda like an early game collapse since killers are lot weaker at the start of the game from all pallet spawns. I think it would be a much healthier perk if the perk gave 60 seconds of instant down+speed boost at the start of a match. It would make survivors a lot more scared to start working on generators at the start of the game as the early chase would be a lot harder. The fear factor of the perk might make generators pop slower in early game.

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 1,484

The only incentive to cleanse dull totems is if you want BP, have a totem related perk (e.g. Inner Strength), to reduce the effect of TOTH (which no one uses) or to prevent NOED.

So no, survivors should not be punished. I'm not cleansing 5 totems (with all the issues that entails, especially in soloQ) just in case the killer uses NOED - unless I'm having a really chill game where the killer isn't applying any pressure.

• Alphasoul05Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 602

It's already flawed logic to imply something has to be earned in the game. That makes no sense in the context of countless perks. It makes sense for Adrenaline, it doesn't make sense for Dead Hard. You don't earn Whispers, you don't earn Corrupt Intervention. Beyond that you're treading into the territory of individually balancing every perk and its strength based on if it is earned vs not, and they don't do that.

If a killer has a survivor hooked and has NOED, unless that killer has the survivor hooked right next to the totem, then it isn't hard to find that totem, BT the survivor out and it's no problem. It's really not an issue. Maybe it's an issue like countless things in this game are, for bad survivors, and in that respect that might be true. They don't understand totem spawns, they don't understand the strength of, or have, BT, but why should a perk be bad because some survivors don't have the capacity or interest to learn, or improve? Is that who we want to cater this game to?

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,581

There are multiple other perks in the game that require either a time sink or a change in playstyle in order to counter them.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,525

It doesn't really matter what he thinks, if you want to use it, use it. It is one of the best perks in the game. If I was playing to win, there is no way I wouldn't use it.