Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Killers should really respect KOBE more

JanelliBee17JanelliBee17 Member Posts: 36
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

It is 100% disheartening when you are one of two survivors left with the experience and know how to not group up and do stupid things, and the other person has no, erm, gonads. So you're like "Alright let me die now" and you actually hit that 12% chance of unhooking yourself just for the killer to come back immediately and get you. I have had the WORST kind of killer down the whole group and I was over the game so I walked up to him and begged to be downed. Again, in the process of trying to die, I got the KOBE!!! This man tried to farm points from me and I refused, so after all my friends died he took me to the hatch. More people need to be like that, respect the KOBE. Don't just assume they are running Deliverance (had a killer down me because he thought that was the case and then apologized for disrespecting the KOBE). It's a bit stupid to waste a perk slot for that...

Edit: By respect, I in no way mean give me the hatch. I mean give the person the respect of not being around the corner. Go look for the wuss who isn't helping the teammate.

Post edited by JanelliBee17 on

Comments

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 6,717

They aren't obligated but I personally do

• HaunterofShadowsHaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,459

I will on occasion

• INFECTEDMANIACINFECTEDMANIAC Member Posts: 24

I personally feel that it needs no respect. I play both sides. I really think why should the killer respect RNG. There is no skill to it. If they added a harder yellow glyph like system to it, then it would be skill. Even then I would still feel like it needs no respect. When was the last time anyone played survivor and saw something the killer did and "respected" it? "Respected" that action so much they were like hey killer I'm going to let you sacrifice me.

• KaliniktaKalinikta Member Posts: 621

I appreciate the additional hook that now can be gained by putting you back on it, more blood points for us both... not going to let you just escape though.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,292

No respect for the hook handout mechanic. Hatch is bad enough.

• JanelliBee17JanelliBee17 Member Posts: 36

I'm not looking for some to hand the hatch to me, but a tunnel is a crap. Especially when you were the only one doing gens because others dont know how to play the game. The instance where the killer gave me hatch was literally just funny!!! I actually wanted him to down me and that mans straight up was like "Nope, deserve hatch"! I usually only get KOBE when I am actually just trying to die because the killer is #########. Just let me run a bit, killer is more than likely still going to get hatch. coming straight of a hook alone is a horrific handicap as is. I totally get some peoples comments though. Didint know I got BPs for a KOBE

I have actually allowed good players to have a hook just because they were outstanding but got no hooks and I felt bad (death hooks mind you). But I play both sides and I would definitely respect a KOBE. You got pretty damn lucky, so why not! I also tend to play killer and let people win after being tunneled as survivor because, if it happens to me, it happens to everyone and survivors desrve a break from all the tunneling. Have gotten a lot of respect and ily's from survivors that way. This game isnt as fun as it used to be because people are toxic and take it WAY to seriously. Devs need different match types. Ranked and "no tunneling, camping, fun" mode. I guess it just depends on what kind of individual you are at heart.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 2,164

4% unless you're running slippery meat and luck offerings

If you kobe, that just means you're getting back on that hook. The respect part was when they actually left the hook.

They didn't. They were hiding around the corner looking for the person that was over there. Also, I say 12% because every attempt is 4% I got off on the third try. I don't waste offerings and items when playing solo, especially with console players.

• FancyMrBFancyMrB Member Posts: 1,191

Depends. Was it a good match? Was the survivor respectful? Did I fulfill my challenge?

If no to any of those then, nope. Survivor going right back on dat hook ^^

• KaliniktaKalinikta Member Posts: 621

I today placed a trap as hag pretty much where they landed after a Kobe, teleported back and slapped them down.

I sometimes give hatch, I rarely slug for the 4k and pretty much only if the last survivor is kinda right there. Mercy, hatch, another chance... you have to do more than just RNG off a hook, which you were doing to die quicker anyway.

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,398

I've had it both ways. I had an awful game against Hag one time where I managed to self-unhook during EGC, only to land directly on a Hag trap, which made her pop back and kill me.

On the other hand, I had a game against a Ghostface a few weeks ago that was one of the stupidest I've ever played, where my three teammates kept hook-bombing and I had to keep leaving my gen to try to pick them up / unhook them when all three of them were down. After a few rounds of that, we all ended up hooked in the basement, and I managed to self-unhook just before the auto-kill would have happened. The Ghostface and I just stared at each other for a second, and then he let me run for the hatch.

I love this! I enjoy people who expect that, that is the end and then you just pop off and they're like "Well shhhhht"! and just watch you run away. But I also understand some reasons for not letting people have the KOBE. Also, would Jake Park's Calm Spirit keep Hag traps from triggering, do you know?

• No. Die

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,067

No, calm spirit just prevents screaming. Try holding crouch while you attempt to jump off. It may work, but I haven't tried it against hags trap yet.

• HaddixHaddix Member Posts: 866

who cares? if a killer wants to, they will. if they dont, dont cry about it. they have 0 obligation.

• TacitusKilgoreTacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,381

If they are the last person, i usually respect it so long as they let their other teamate die (if they were both hooked at the time) but otherwise its just like any other unhook and i treat it no differently. You aren't really obligated to meme around because of random chance

• TerrorUnleashedTerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497

First time I'm hearing of 'Kobe' being used in casual DBD conversation. I don't like it.

And no, no one Killer has the obligation to both understand what you are implying through restricted, in-game actions, and has no responsibility to accept such pleas, either. The whole idea you've concepted is ludicrous.

• RiskyKaraRiskyKara Member Posts: 561

If I'm not mistaken it's still only a 4% chance because statistics aren't additive. Each pull is separate from each other and still a 4% chance.

But considering it's 3 pulls with any of them being the singular result you're looking for I don't know if the gamblers fallacy applies here.

Does anyone know?

• TerrorUnleashedTerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497

Try contributing? I've been on these forums since 2018 my friend. Mind you, every comment I make either brings something to the table or bolsters the point of another here. No, 'Kobe', is not a well-known term around these parts; to that you would have to suggest some other late star is also a popular name in the community. And while we're at it, having never heard a pathetic pseudo-term is not indicative of playtime, nor is playtime indicative of skill (which is what you are so helplessly -- and foolishly -- implying). The ill-fated aplomb to this one is amusing. There's no discussion about this; it's just you placing an opinion in the threads as if it's fact.

edited August 2021

I dont believe anyone should be given hatch. But I wont pass up the bloodpoints if a killer offers it. There are no ridiculous expectations of killers, especially with the increasing tunneling and camping. Also yes!!! If you have three chances to escape the hook at 4% each try that equates to a total of 12%. What that means is you had an overall, 12% chance at escaping the hook altogether.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Sandt21Sandt21 Member Posts: 495

Respect the Kobe? Don't you think that's just a little itty bitty tiny bit ridiculously entitled?

• MdawguMdawgu Member Posts: 388

I wouldn't be opposed to a 6 second endurance if you do get lucky. Just so something has the chance of happening. Most cases you kobe then just get hit down again because killers wait for struggle.