Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Saboteur the perk,

GenJockeyNanceGenJockeyNance Member Posts: 581
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

How often do you use the perk and how much success do you have with it? I've begin using it and surprisingly I've noticed it can really make a difference between a survivor living or dying. Was playing with my friend earlier (it was a 2man) and I had equipped the perk saboteur because man, I will admit I just want to have some fun in dbd for once instead of all meta perks (I did still have on Iron Will and BT though) and this Meg was on death hook. The gens were all finished, a Chris was hooked. I sabo'd the hook the killer was going to take her to, he had no choice but to drop her, the killer was NOT happy with me as I was a repeated menace the whole game with sabo plays so he chases me a bit, gives time for my friend to unhook Chris, get Meg up and heal her. He breaks chase with me eventually and cages Chris literally unknowingly by the 99'd exit gate. It was a 4 man escape in the end but it wouldn't have been without the perk saboteur. Which has me here, asking what do you think of the perk? If you've had any luck with it, what have been some good saboteur plays you've pulled off before or have had happened to you?

Comments

• MdawguMdawgu Member Posts: 388

Its a fun perk, problem is how situational it is. You need to be close to a hook that the killer chooses to use, be out of sight so they don't see it coming, and time the breaking with them just getting there in time to maximize struggle gain. Sometimes even with all that they can still make it too a hook, or be smart enough to drop before 90% struggle which is still a gain i guess. Its a nice option to have when the stars align. Bringing a styptic and breakout can up your chances.

• PalletsAndHooksPalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

I don't often get a chance to use it to save people. I typically use it to pull killer attention immediately at the start of a trial and score the 500 boldness every 120 seconds. Otherwise it's better to take alexs toolbox.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,343

I have Disruption build Diversion, Red herring, Saboture, Any mean... to cause alot of noise (not vaulting spamming pls)

Though sometimes I replace Diversion with Bond to check if I spawn near my teammate. One time I didnt spawn near any teammate, I used Red herring to lead Demo to my place while I was hiding. I made him come twice in early game....and 3 Gen done before he started his first chase.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,844

It rarely works to save anyone in my camps because I will just camp the slug. It buys the team time, but you know, at least one of them is doing nothing given the sabotaged the hook and are waiting for me to leave to get the pick up. But realistically? SWF will give you hits, and solo players will go to help the slug not realizing you are camping it. So, I find it rarely actually helps them. Heck, sometimes it gives me pressure.

I was actually getting stomped on Midwich as Huntress and someone tried it, the whole team came to try and save the final hook and they never did that last gen before the 4k. And you know, they did 4 gens in like the first 2 minutes. So, shame for them, I suppose.

• I think it's good. Only issue i have with it is that the cooldown starts even if you cancel the sabotage action.

• CarthCarth Member Posts: 382

The reason they did was probably for extreme swf efficiency. E.G. I start to sabo a hook, the killer sees me saboing and leavs to another hook. My buddy body blocks the hook. I sabo it in time and get a free unhook. Arguably this can be done today with multiple sabos but I imagine that is why they put the cooldown up front vs on success sabo action.

• GentlemanFridgeGentlemanFridge Member Posts: 2,094
    edited August 2021

I only really run it for those sabotage daily/tome challenges, so it doesn’t see much use. But recently, on Sanctum, I got it to pull off the ideal play.

Leon goes down on top of the main building. I just finished healing with a medkit. I notice there’s no hook on the building itself, Huntress takes leon in my general direction. I look behind me, a hook. Of course it goes down. She notices too late and needs to find another one, wasting even more time deciding which one to go to. Combined with a body-block on her way to the next hook, and Leon wiggles free.

The Huntress noticeably got angry with me, completely forgetting about Leon, and throwing hatchets at me way too early (even earlier than she was doing already) and just ignoring everything and anything. A full inventory of misses hatchets later, and she DC’s spouting nonsense about us being SWF (all solo’s), us genrushing and whatnot.

It was kinda funny, ngl. I felt bad for her, up until her explosion in chat.

• SnowbawlzzzSnowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,121

I find that if I run straight up to the killer and take a hit while he's carrying a survivor, I can see the hook he's going for pretty clearly. Works well with Breakout.