Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

As a killer, do you hold grudges?

2»

Comments

• KaraageKaraage Member Posts: 340

All the time.

If You cleanse my Hex where I can see You, it's my personal credo to tunnel You down and facecamp You to death. Or maybe it's a vendetta?

Either way, I'm cool with everything else.

• JanelliBee17JanelliBee17 Member Posts: 36

I don't like camping just to camp, but this was rather funny to read and I have seen friends do it. I'm a survivor main along with one friend of mine and they are rather toxic sometimes, and this happens to them. And I try my best to save them. But I try to remind them every chance I get, that they would be able to play normally with the rest if they would stop doing stuff to purposely anger the killer.

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,700

I’m a survivor main too, I only dabble in killer when I get a long streak of crappy teammates and just need a break from it or need to do killer challenges for blood points and rift.

I don’t care to camp, it is boring, but I concede that there are times when killers have to. I won’t do it unless I’m down to one or two gens and the survivors are obviously a good SWF and I need to force someone out.

The only other time I would do it is when my opponents show me no respect. If they don’t want to play the game normally and want to harass me with their flashlights or try and bait me into multiple head on stuns just for the laughs at my expense, well then, I’ll stop caring for their fun and give them a miserable game. It’s funny because, they almost always screw up near the basement, which just makes my time very easy.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 7,129

No. I usually forget their names after. Nor do I really care in game. If they come to my stream and talk #########. That's fine with me. They only get banned if they start being ######### to my community

• burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 2,912
    edited August 2021

Funny I had this experience a few days ago for the first time in a long time.

Two double swf (respectively the two dead and the two escapees). I normally play soft for the 4 stacks bbq, 8hooks and no kills plus this time the 4 hit daily on wraith.

Map was one of the yamaokas, the one with the mansion without the hill (if that helps). Two locker at that little shrine and it was relatively close to shack. The two dead ones both lead every chase back to the shrine and after the first head on from both i knew what was going on and shifted to the other 2 for stacks.

I still wanted max BP with 8 hooks but those two would ALWAYS go back to the shrine and slowly but surely i get one Hook after another. But then they even forced DS with the locker grab and that was it for me. I downed one and pulled the other successfully out of the locker and both go on their death hook.

After that I go "afk" while visible while in the shrine and look at the painting there so the other two can finish the last gen (i had 9 hooks by that time and didn't want to accidentally kill on of the other 2).

Result: i dropped mercy halfway through the game and killed those head-on clowns even without real tunneling or camping and successfully let the other two escape.

I even got compliments from the escapees which also found the head-on players annoying.

• chargernick85chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

lots of time is wasted trying to do head-on plays (unless have Q&Q/Deception). If survivors give the killer extra time they die just like a 3 flashlight game I played last night. I love those games they basically give you the win....Helped I was using Clown that game (He has made his way into my top 5) with Lethal, STBL, POP, Ruin. The pressure was on from the start for them.

Oh and I finally had RNG go my way they all spawned together which is very rare these days most of the time they spawn separated 3-5 meters from a gen.

Yeah I know it's more of a meme build (funny enough that one of the other two also had head-on when I almost always have iron maiden in my builds just for the speed up). Which wouldn't be a problem since I don't aim to kill anyway.

But after getting hit several times even despite respecting it due to great hitboxes and then even the forced DS/head-on doublestun, i had enough of this obnoxious strategy which only worked because I played nice without camping/tunneling or slugging up to this point.

Being nice as killer seldomly gets you anything but getting curbstomped by remotely skilled players and only few times gratitude from the genuine new survivor. (Btw I got reset down to 17 in may due to the reset bug and managed to stay there for "sometimes" relaxed" killer dailies or adepts).

• tippy2k2tippy2k2 Member Posts: 3,666

I don't know if I'd call it a grudge but maybe I'm just saying that cause I feel like it would make me look silly if I were holding a grudge...

I have a couple of "rules" for when I give people the Hatch and/or choose who to go after if it's a 50/50 split between two survivors. You hit me with a stun or flashlight, that's fair game and I can respect that. But people who clickity click, constant vault/locker jump to make a noise indicator, and people who T-Bag should have a little Telltale Games style pop-up that says "Tippy will remember that" as your chance to be allowed to live if it is my choice as the killer has now been forfeited away.

Completely agree with everything. My main focus is BP as well (for now) so I tend to allow escapes sometimes because I didn't tryhard their asses and in return....Well you know how they are. BP is most important but if I can I will kill them all at 5 gens if possible just like if I play bad they will end the game in minutes.

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I'm surprised you've gone against him that Pig main that much to have a grudge against him.

Personally I have no problems with him or how he plays, then again I'm also someone who genuinely don't really give a crap what someone tells me or how someone acts on the Internet. It's not worth the time and emotional input.

Yeah playing nice against genuine bad survivor is also a pain since they take already forever and even longer at the slightest amount of pressure when I try to not completely go afk and still provide some kind of tension for them and then even that is too much.

• TerrortotTerrortot Member Posts: 420

One time I was doing a legion "kill one by your hand" ritual. I'm not very good with them, but was good enough this game :) Had one nea that was clearly better than the others trying to distract me.

I ignored her all game until her last friend was on the hook. Took nea down and carried her to the hooked friend so they could watch me Mori.

I get a little carried away with the "one mori" part anyways, but sometimes I will do things to make a point.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 20,556

it got to the point where i would snipe him just to dodge his lobbies.

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Jesus, that's quite unlucky. Though I remembered that being something that occurs to me constantly because of MMR.

You sure it wasn't just that?

Oh yeah, my unlucky streak of VS him over and over and over (and literally being tunneled in every game for zero reason- I spawned in the first ever amtch vs him and got the treatment, and the next, and the next, despite doing nothing "wrong"- to the point where I had to change my steam name after each match because apparently Hakuna Matata was so offensive?????) started long before MMR.

• unluckycombounluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Sure, if Nea keeps deciding that she wants to t-bag at every loop I'll help her find a different game to press CTRL in when I get the chance, but I don't go out of my way to do it- especially when players like that either do it because they just want to be annoying and get attention, or you've been focusing a teammate all match and they want to pull aggro. (I'm a generally fair Killer, so I know it's not the second one for me.)

Besides, a lot of Survivors that do that tend to be overly altruistic and you can use that to your advantage.

Hakuna Matata 😂🤣😂 I wish Xbox would let us change our name like that. We have to pay $10 and what we want might be taken.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,555

I'd say people hold grudges after games definitely. I've had plenty of killers who would've brought really strong add-ons and old moris to kill me if I was in their lobby. Think everyone has this within them, just depends on how far you need to get pushed first.

I won't throw my game for anyone, no matter what toxic. I'd maybe consider doing it if I'm guaranteed losing the game and I know that the survivors altruism may get me an extra kill or 2. Generally though I don't care how toxic people are.

I do think my current one is the best one I've had- it's definitely up there, anyway

Yep thats a good one too. I use to get so much salt after games that I changed my GT from chargernick85 (had for 10 years damn near) to

DEADxBYxSALT. I thought is was fitting as someone is salty in every trial whether it's the survivors or me.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

LMAOOO, I do the same thing to the exact same person! Hahaha. Genuinely the most needlessly toxic, unpleasant and negative person I’ve had the misfortune to play against so it’s nice that I can avoid ever having that experience again. :’)

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 4,335

I don't hold a grudge in real life, I sure as hell am not doing it in a video game.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,296

Sadly, yes. If I face a try hard squad when I'm trying a meme build for fun I suddenly remember why I learned to play Nurse. Next match I switch to her, put on my meta build and annihilate the next unfortunate group I come across. It's not fair to that group who did nothing but if I try another meme build. It's another try hard swf group. Let this be a lesson survivors. Try hard killers are not born, they are made. We wanna have fun too.

• SnowbawlzzzSnowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2021

A lot of killers take it as a personal insult when a survivor doesn't go down immediately. If I have a decently long chase as Jeff that involves no flashlights, teabags or points, there's still a decent likelihood that the killer's gonna be smacking me on the hook and tunneling as soon as my feet hit the ground.

Too many killers hold grudges too easily. Especially high-rank ones, I figure they're jaded from regular survivor abuse and assume everyone to be toxic.

• ZonkyWizardZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568

If I get anyone teabagging me out of the blue especially in a match where I did NOT tunnel, camp or be toxic then I will eradicate that troll and then let everyone escape. Easy as that.