Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What do you think the game's dumbest achievement is?

DehitayDehitay Member Posts: 1,723

After going and trying the Not Today achievement (in public matches, unhook yourself 50 times), I realized how horrible this achievement actually is. It requires you to bring Deliverance into a match unless you want to try pure luck which is only going to screw your team over even harder. In order to activate Deliverance, you pretty much have to hook rush before you yourself get hooked which is extremely unhelpful gameplay. Then using it means unhooking yourself before anyone else can which often means either unhooking yourself before the killer has really left or after a teammate is on the way and now you've wasted their time. All of this his horrible enough gameplay on it's own for a game, but this is for 50 games at a minimum. And I can pretty much garuntee it won't just be 50 games. All the conditions to get the unhook coming together will probly take 150 games before you can get the achievement.

So for probly hundreds of games, Not Today encourages players to hide during the first part of a trial, hook rush, and unhook yourself in front of a killer or while another survivor is coming.

Does anybody hate any other achievement worse than I hate this one?

Comments

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,687

Evil Incarnate is one of them.

Power Moves (though only while solo) is another.

Skilled Huntress can actually ######### itself.

• Sackboy123Sackboy123 Member Posts: 366

Evil Incarnate and Left 4 Dead are the only two that pretty much require the other side being Co-operative and no skill involved at all

Evil Incarnate, just hope you don't get Survivors jumping into lockers to deny your kill

Left 4 Dead, got to hope the Killer doesn't close the hatch

Really dreading having to earn these again when I switch to PS5

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 11,991

I don't know many of them off the top of my head, but Evil Incarnate is definitely one of them.

• ThanksForDailyThanksForDaily Member Posts: 960

Skilled Huntress on console (100 downs further than 24 meters)

Evil Incarnate

Adept Plague

Left For Dead

• TacitusKilgoreTacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,381

In the void she kills, its basically undoable since they changed nurses addons, so she can no longer actually use her 3 blinks to go through objects, and they haven't bothered updating it to be more doable with reworked nurse.

Oh yeah and any of the adept achievements on instadown killers. Gold chaser man....

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Evil lncarnate can go ######### itself.

• Rey_512Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

In The Void is actually pretty easy if you make survivors think you’re farming.

• Jacoby2041Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 841
    edited August 2021

I used Slippery Meat and Up the Ante for that one, even though it's not a guaranteed chance it's better than having to unhook someone first

The 24+ meter Huntress downs was super hard/annoying to get. The worst part is that you have to DOWN them with the hatchet, not just hit them. So any snipe shot against a healthy person doesn't count. To get this one I pretty much had to play friendly or get an afk person and snipe/drop them a bunch. If it wasn't for that workaround I'd say this would be the worst one

Gen/totem grabs and pallet saves are also hard because you pretty much have to rely on the other team making a mistake. But it only takes 5 pallet saves which isn't too bad, and Power Struggle self-saves count. On the other hand 25 gen grabs and 10 totem grabs are not so easy. Not to mention there's a chance that instead of grabbing them the killer will just tap them on the shoulder and count to 3 while they run away. Maybe there's some strategy I haven't thought of yet but I'm sitting at 6 out of 10 totem grabs, not even sure how I managed to get that many

250 protection hits for an unhooked person is difficult not only due to the number required, but mainly because protection hits are buggy as ######### even after they "fixed" them. I can get what should be a protection hit and it not count 70% of the time. Add on that it's not just a regular protection hit but a protection hit "near a recently unhooked survivor" and it might as well be 500

Edit: forgot to mention Evil Incarnate is a ######### because people can deny you from getting it, 3 blink Nurse grab achievement was invented before Nurse got changed and it's way harder to do now, and Left for Dead achievement is also outdated because it was invented before EGC was even a thing and there was a perk to help with it (for those who don't know, Left Behind used to give you BIG gen repair speed when you were the last survivor before they changed it) it's basically rigged to be impossible now unless the killer lets you go

• Pet_The_LizardsPet_The_Lizards Member Posts: 1,320

Left For Dead, the achievement for finishing the last gen while you're the last one alive and then escaping. After 1,600 hours and 900+ escapes, I still don't ######### have it.

• jaredlxxiiijaredlxxiii Member Posts: 613

Why do you people think it is one of the dumbest achievements? Granted it is hard but that doesn't mean it is dumb.

It took me a long time to get it. Players kept disconnecting was the biggest issue. The hiding in lockers was inconsequential. I would just put them down and wait for someone to heal them.

When I finally did get it the match lasted around 20 minutes. I don't know if some of the survivors may have made it easier on me. I was more surprised that none of them disconnected and pretty surprised I actually got the last one considering the survivor was tea bagging me right next to the exit. I recorded the match and the last part is the best part when I grabbed the last survivor at the exit.

• DehitayDehitay Member Posts: 1,723

I forgot about Left 4 Dead though. I did it before the hatch rework so it was easier for me with the killers just camping the hatch. I guess it would be a nightmare to do nowadays.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,687

Because it requires you to use two iri add-ons every game, a specific set of perks that have to stay up, needs the survivors to be bad enough to give you EW3 before 4 gens go else the challenge is thrown, and is a guaranteed depip giving basically no points to both sides.

Not only is it difficult, it's frustrating and unfun for both sides and makes for very annoying gameplay, for both survivors and killers.

• Friendly_BlendetteFriendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,356

Left 4 Dead or something is really ######### dumb it is just stupid.

Power Struggle works for the Rescue Mission achievement? That's actually one of 3 achievements I don't have yet so that's helpful information.

I'm surprised so many people are having problems with the Skilled Huntress Achievement though. Is the Nurse's Calling trick not well known? Nurse's calling t3 has a rage of 28 meters while the achievement requirement is 24 meters. For me, it was just a matter of enough games with open maps. Especially maps with a high up vantage point to through from.

• Pet_The_LizardsPet_The_Lizards Member Posts: 1,320

I got the totem achievement by AFKing next to a hex totem and hitting them with a lunge attack when I heard them cleansing it. If you don't look directly at it, and you let them cleanse it for a few seconds before you hit them, they're less likely to get suspicious.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,218

every single one that starts with the word "Adept" and then has a Killer name behind it.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,407

Depending on your rank, killer adepts are pretty bad.

Evil Incarnate, mostly because of lockers.

Taking One For The Team, if your playstyle doesn't involve throwing yourself at the killer.

Left For Dead, bs before EGC, near impossibe after EGC.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,581

Left for Dead by a mile. You have to be the last one alive, finish the last gen, and escape through the exit.

Give me Evil Incarnate any day over that.

• GentlemanFridgeGentlemanFridge Member Posts: 2,107

Where Did They Go!?

As a near-exclusive solo player, this was an absolute pain. I eventually got it out of the blue, and out of sheer luck. Truly a case of “the stars need to align”.

• LudicrisLudicris Member Posts: 244

Left 4 Dead.

I just can't bring myself to sabotage my whole team - for the unlikely chance to escape after finishing the last gen.

I also got that one by pure luck. There was a bug in the game a long time back where instead of survivors getting that achievement when all 4 survivors escaped through the hatch, the killer would get it instead. I've since 4 man escaped through hatch a few times so I wouldn't say it's too far in the difficulty range. Especially not if you do it with SWF and a rainbow map in addition to a key.

• PlaysByShadyPlaysByShady Member Posts: 565

Left 4 Dead - I think the introduction of EGC has made this nigh on impossible.

It requires you to:

a) Have 4 gens completed at the point where the 3rd survivor dies

b) Complete the 5th survivor after the 3rd survivor dies, but before the killer closes the hatch (since that blocks the gens). Now the killer knows where you are

c) Escape the killer with enough time, etc, to make it to a gate (which you hope are spaced far apart that the killer cannot patrol easily), open it and leave

It would require extraordinary luck in normal gameplay... even with an SWF where everyone 99's the last 3 gens and your three team-mates give up (dc?), I think it's unlikely to happen.

• Sackboy123Sackboy123 Member Posts: 366

Only way to get this are Merciful Killers that know what you're trying to do

I got mine on Grim Pantry as Quentin against a Doctor. He saw me on last gen and watched me repair and open exit gate

Just trial and error stay on the last gen and hope the killer sees you before the hatch and is also nice enough

When I play Killer, I always let them get it if they signal me

• KuyonnKuyonn Member Posts: 3

Left for Dead

In The Void She Kills

Multi-Tasker

Hands down

• Definitely Evil Incarnate for me.

Survivors can use lockers to stop myers from killing and this breeds a lot of toxicity and frustration

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,870

150? You have that high of a failure rate? Did you mix up Deliverance with Slippery Meat by accident?

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,035

IMO Evil Incarnate

A stupidly designed challenge that requires a stupidly designed add-on to achieve.

It's probly because I'm not capable of being a complete jerk. If you did this in close to 50 games, you're either lucky as all hell or you screwed the hell out of your teams.

• AurelleAurelle Member Posts: 2,246

Where Did They Go?!, Evil Incarnate, Left For Dead, and Skilled Huntress are probably the worst ones. But if I had to pick one, it would be Where Did They Go?!. As a solo survivor, this achievement is near impossible to get.

• GhostMaceNotCrustyGhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 710

Is left 4 dead the all escape thru hatch?