Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Tips on being a better loser as killer? genuine query

2»

Comments

• AdelooAdeloo Member Posts: 1,396

Give yourself more achievable win conditions than 4 kills.

It can range from having 4 BBQ stacks, making a fun build work, make Devour Hope works to playing Trapper and get at least 2 traps working.

• ZboardZboard Member Posts: 50

If you are working towards rift: afk queue as killer while playing other games

Otherwise probably just unninstall for a while

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 2,449
    edited August 2021

Few things to consider:

1. this game is partially designed to be frustrating, because you can redirect your frustration to a specific match and relieve said frustration
    2. remember that it's a multiplayer game with 2 teams, you're most likely already "winning" 60% of your matches, if not more. I have killers where I am good enough with to "win" 85% of my games with, if not more. The fact that you win so commonly is probably one of the reasons why you take losses so seriously
    3. during the game, start commenting on good plays survivors have made and on mistakes you've made(including dedicating to a chase too long, forgetting to use a perk properly(it's easy to forget on BBQ that you saw 2 survivors running towards the same gen on the other side of the map because you focussed on that 1 survivor who was already injured and quite close). It's much easier to end a game in a loss knowing you've been outplayed by a survivor being cheeky than it is to blame in-game mechanics.
    4. You can predict the way the match is going to end before it's actually going to end. I've said quite often "oh, this game is lost, I'm just gonna secure a kill then" once the 4th gen popped, regardless of my interaction with the game, and no one was dead yet. So I ended up tunneling the first survivor that was dead on hook(which at this point in the game, is considered fine, they have had 4 gens to run around freely) and the game ended up in a 3k because their teammates kept throwing themselves at me to save the 1 person who was dead on hook.

So TL;DR: This game is meant to be frustrating, it's multiplayer, you're already winning most of your games, find your own mistakes, compliment good plays and cast predictions on the end of the game.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,629

Rule number 1 - Do not expect 4 kills.

Set yourself some other win conditions to work for. 4 BBQ stacks, have some good usage of your power and overall getting better with your killer performance even if so slightly.

Other than that, switching to survivor or to a different game altogether makes wonders to my mental health

• DespactioDespactio Member Posts: 7

just say ggwp and get on with your life. this game isn't worth taking to heart

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 5,204

Tell that to the folks who stop by my stream after the match and curse me out 😂. All because they felt entitled and felt like I should play in a way they deam acceptable

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,259

I always analyse my losses to try and improve from them. Be honest about the situation.

Lost on Badham as Clown? Well be honest and remember your playing a terrible killer on a bad killer map. Maybe you missed 1 swing that would've ended a chase 30 seconds earlier than it did. Maybe you choose to chase a survivor who was better than the rest for too long, lost some gens because of that.

I'm always very honest about how I play, especially if I play crap. I know I'm not the best killer because I don't commit to it as much as others. I'll struggle massively vs a good 4 man but expect to beat everyone else.

Use your mistakes to learn and improve as killer. If your getting too negative over killer then take a break. I personally can't play killer too long because I get too stressed by it.

• Jivetalkin13Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 485

If you find yourself becoming frustrated, switch to survivor. If survivor is too frustrating, switch to another game or take a break. In the end, it's just a game and its not worth becoming angry or upset and potentially rage quiting from a game. Not only does it affect you, but it affects the other people playing.

We've all been there and know what it's like. You got this!

• unluckycombounluckycombo Member Posts: 575

Remember that DBD is just a game, and focus on the positives from that game.

For example, you might have had a bad game, but maybe you got 4 BBQ stacks. That in itself is a nice chunk of extra BP! Maybe you got a 1k, but you also got your archive challenge done- hey, easy BP and more progress to the Rift. Maybe you didn't get a kill, but you learned something about how to run a certain loop.

You're gonna get mad sometimes, but that's alright. You're also gonna have games that are just... bad, and that's also okay. Doesn't mean you can't try to learn from them though.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,506

He´s not complaining about not getting the 4 kill but about getting 0 kills.

But the way this game works, the killer should probably be happy when he gets his 4 BBQ stacks.

• Jacoby2041Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 841

The survivors are stuck in the trials forever, you'll always get more chances to kill them

Also if survivors died every time they'd give up hope which would screw the entity over, so the entity basically wants you to lose sometimes

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Sometimes just putting things into perspective is all you need. This is a PvP game, so someone has to lose every single match. Sometimes it will be you, even if you play super well. Most people who play have no idea who you are and will forget that they played against you, so nobody really cares if you lose, and certainly not as much as you do. Think about how many matches of DBD will be played in a given day and realise how little that one match you lost actually represents.

Losing is unavoidable, and in many ways necessary. If nothing else, you can always learn something from your losses.

• PoochkipsPoochkips Member Posts: 265

Don't go near exits, walk around the map in the end and look for where you can get extra blood points, always say GG even if the match wasn't. Sometimes all you need to do is say that and move on. Even if they're saying ggez.

Ignore flashlight clickers. They want you to get angry.

And again, never go near the exits after door is open. They love to sit in it just to teabag you to get you angry. If you don't see it, it can't bother you, and they just waste their time

Lastly. Find something that you have fun doing. Example, I main huntress. I find throwing hatchery fun. If I land some nice hatchet, it's a win in my book. Even if I don't kill anyone I don't feel like I lost so i don't get upset.

To each their own!

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

How to be a better loser in general: constantly remind yourself that it's just a game, with zero impact on your life.

• Ramxenoc445Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,359

As much as people hate it one of the comments above mentioned tunneling mid game. Getting rid of one person before all gens are done can greatly turn the game in your favor and go from a 0-1k game to a 2-4k. Nobody really likes being tunneled or camped but as killer sometimes it is the only option to secure at least the opportunity to win especially on certain maps. Don't rely on it all the time but if you have to proximity camp someone on hook so you know where people are and to prevent a save at 2 or 3 gens go for it and you should do better after that

• VaJayblesVaJaybles Member Posts: 594

I've got an odd one. But record yourself or stream, even if no one is watching. Gives you the opportunity to see or hear yourself, but you'll also be hyper aware of how you act. Plus you can learn from your mistakes by rewatching vods. I do it, I don't get better though lmao I'm okay with being trash, it's my aesthetic XD

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,776

It really depends on what angle you are going for. If you want a guaranteed kill, you should realistically have a kill at 3 hooks. Just tunnel, you have a kill, you no longer feel bad, and the rest of the match will be MUCH easier.

If you do not want to tunnel, you need to stop feeling bad that they are all getting away when you refuse to prioritize targets. Make hooks your goal. 6 hooks is reasonable if they are cranking out gens. The equivalent of 2 kills, which is considered by many to be a draw.

• ThraxThrax Member Posts: 841

Throw out the survivor rulebook at 3 gens left. Tried playing decent didn't work. Be Evil. Make the entity wet.

• MercêsMercês Member Posts: 320

Have you ever watched DbD tournaments? Not even "professional" players can win matches. Every can killer get dominated by survivors not matter their skill level. Why are you getting mad at something that you don't have control of? Winning every match isn't something that depends on your skill, it depends on game balance too!

Chill out my friend! Have fun with noobies and accept your defeat against pros! ;)