Give us your opinion! Complete the Players Satisfaction Survey! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DbDCSAT
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Update 2.4.0 - Unreal update performance / lighting feedback

Comments

• Issue: FPS Loss
    Platform: PC
    Maps: Coldwind farm (only one I played after the update so I presume there is no difference on the other maps)
    Quality selected: Ultra
    CPU: i7-7700HQ
    GPU: GTX 1060 6GB max Q
    RAM: 8GB

Overall performance got far worse, I usually ran this game in 60+ fps with small drops, now it's 40-50 fps average.

• lindechenelindechene Member Posts: 63

Issue: color changes
    Platform: PS4 Pro
    Monitor: 4K UHD TV by Samsung - UE40MU6170
    Map played: Springwood - Badham Preschool Badhouse

Details:
    The chest in the Badhouse (Basement) appeared very dark.
    It seems the chest was not affected by any light placed in the environment.

Example:

• lindechenelindechene Member Posts: 63

Issue: color changes
    Monitor: 4K UHD TV by Samsung - UE40MU6170
    Map played: any

Details:
    Nea Karlson cosmetic - Cloudy Skies Pixie Bob

Before the update the top hair was a shade of gray and the side hair black.

After the update the top hair seems to be black with some gray "frosted tips".

Example:

Subjective impression:
    The new version would look interesting as an additional hairstyle variant ("Frosty Tips Pixie Bob" ? ).
    But it may not be what customers originally payed for.

• BlueBlewBlueBlew Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2018

Issue: FPS Loss
    Plataform: PC
    Quality selected: Low
    Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.81GHz 4 cores, 8 logicals
    RAM: 6 Go
    Hard Drive: ST3750528AS 1To SATA II
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    Monitor: DELL SP2309W 2048 x 1152 (23.1")
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Map played: All of them
    Additional Details: Frames drops sometimes when skillchecks are coming (which is verrrrrrrrry annoying considering the explosion) then sometimes when I'm about to vault a window or randomly into a chase for a few seconds.

• GardeniaGardenia Member Posts: 1,052
    Issue: Fps Loss

Map Played: All

Fps drops since the update of 2.4.0, and with addition of Winter Event, frames now drop in the main menu as well as making it harder to skip opening cinematic.

Specs: AMD Radeon 5000
    Ram: 8GB (I usually play on low).

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 1,726

Issue: FPS drop
    Platform: PS4
    Map Played: Rotten Fields (Coldwind Farm) and the main menu
    Details: My FPS drops whenever I get a skill check while repairing a gen at the beginning of a match. It drops enough to where I miss it when I would normally hit it. On the main menu, the falling snow causes a noticeable FPS drop.

• averybadtimeaverybadtime Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2018

Maps: Coldwind farm, Springwood basement, Backwater Swamp, Yamaoka Estate, MacMillan Estate, Autohaven Wreckers
    pc specs:
    CPU: @ 4.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    GPU: NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
    RAM: 8GB; 8192 MB RAM
    I have installed it on my HDD

I used to have 60 fps and now i have 40-50 and i got really big lags in the main menu (42 fps)

edit:
    i get fps lags because of the falling snow in the main menu

• WeStanNea4EverWeStanNea4Ever Member Posts: 1
    Issue: Nea Head Cosmetics Post-Update
    Maps: Any

Details/Problem: After the recent update that added new lighting, killer, and survivor, I noticed that Nea’s 3 Pixie hairstyle cosmetics now look very weird. They look smushed and don’t even match the photo in the store. I own the Cloudy Skies Bob in which it’s most noticeable. I’m hoping this gets fixed so I can use them again.
  • Yo_you_diedYo_you_died Member Posts: 1
    Issue: slowing down my console and lagging voice communication during gameplay. Not finding as many games/ disconnecting from lobbies 24/7
    Map played: all
    Platform: xbox one
    It all started working fine till a day after the winter solstice, now when i start the game, it takes longer to load and i can't talk to my friends while i play because i somehow lag during the game
  • DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited December 2018
    A small update to my earlier post (page 1).

I now had to turn down my specs to Low. Low with a GTX 1080. If had to or otherwise I can't play Killer properly with all the fps drops I get. I do hope that doesn't stay and you'll be able to fix it. Optimisation Patch for December? I do hope that wasn't it.

I generally really appreciate the new lighting, except for Lampkin Lane and Badham (too dark).
  • winterwoodswinterwoods Member Posts: 3
    Issue: directional sound, loss of some sound, color changes
    Platform: ps4
    Map played: all
    Additional Details: some sounds lack direction and play from everywhere. from what i've noticed, when pig's jigsaw boxes laugh the sound plays like it's in the distance but lacks a sense of direction, so it's impossible to pinpoint which box it is. also, when phasewalking as spirit, you can no longer hear footsteps of any kind. another thing is the brightness and darkness; maps with lower levels are waaaayyy too dark. it's hard to see. 
  • ChuckyyoChuckyyo Member Posts: 58

Issue: Too dark in dark areas
    Map played: Groaning Storehouses, Ironworks of Misery, Lery's Memorial
    Additional Details: Pretty much on all maps, you barely can see in dark corners sometimes. For Lery's, that's some of the rooms. Claudettes are basically invisible in the dark. (I played with the same settings before the update and had no issues, so it seems this is something that came with the new graphics).

• ChuckyyoChuckyyo Member Posts: 58

Issue: Lower floor way too dark
    Map played: Gideon Meat Plant
    Additional Details: Same as in the post above. Following people in the lower floor is frustrating to no end because you can't see anything to save your life.

• NajemniczkasNajemniczkas Member Posts: 88

Issue: FPS loss
    Map played: Grim Pantry, Haddonfield, Coldwind Farm (and one more which I don't remember)
    Additional details: Before Christmas update, I didn't lose almost any fps (loss of 1-2 FPS). Now the perfomance is terrible, especially on killer (loss of 5-10 FPS, sometimes an FPS drop when getting downed or hit with Sloppy Butcher). It's not fun to play like that.
    Quality selected: Low, 43% resolution.
    Processor: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz
    RAM: 8 GB
    Graphics Card: Radeon R7 240
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit

• ChemistryPolarChemistryPolar Member Posts: 1

Issue: FPS loss
    Processor: AMD A8-7650k with Radeon 7
    RAM: 4GB
    Hard Drive: Unable to Find.
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7
    Operating System: Windows 10
    Quality selected: Low at 0%
    Map played: Can't play
    Additional details: Framerate before the update was about 30 to 40 fps

• scorpioscorpio Member Posts: 243
    edited December 2018

Issue - Sound, especially directional sound, is busted
    Platform - PC
    Map played - All maps
    Additional details - Since the update, sound has been really messed up. Directional sound especially seems really bugged. I can't tell which direction sound is coming from anymore, which is very detrimental for killers like Spirit who rely heavily on sound when she is phasing and can't see. Now she cannot hear footsteps AT ALL and if the survivor she's chasing is injured and moaning the sound has no direction so you have no idea where it's coming from. Usually it sounds like it's underneath you.

Issue - FPS drops
    Platform - PC
    Map - All maps
    Additional details - Sometimes when I go to hit a survivor it just freezes for a few seconds and sometimes I'll be lucky and have hit them and other times my killer freezes and they get away. It's really annoying to drop frames so hard at such an important point. It happens at least one a game, if not multiple times, usually one of the first hits of the match.

Quality selected - Medium
    Processor - Intel i7 7700 @ 2.80GHz
    RAM - 16GB
    Hard Drive - Seagate FireCude 2TB SSHD
    Graphics Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
    Monitor - Lenovo Y520 standard laptop monitor
    Operating System - Windows 10
    Headset (for sound issue) - HyperX Cloud Alpha gaming headset with dual chamber drivers

• ruanjosruanjos Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2018

Issue: FPS loss (all maps, pre game and loading screen
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), 4.5 GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x8)
    Hard Drive: WD blue 1tb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 8470 (1gb)
    Monitor: Generic PnP, 60Ghz, 1080p
    Quality selected: Low at 50% resolution (1080p)
    Map played: All maps.

additional information:
    i used to play on low with 100% resolution with an average of 30~35 fps on all maps
    the new updated dropped me to 18~20 fps on all maps with 50% resolution and the new winter map is worse, 12~15 fps, making the game unplayable for me..

• SPbroSPbro Member Posts: 2

Issue: Low FPS (all maps and even in campfire loadout area)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59GHz
    RAM: 16GB
    Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060
    Quality Selected: Low
    FPS (in Current Quality Selected): 55 - 60
    FPS (in Previous Quality Selected - Ultra): 20

Additional Information:
    I used to play on 60 - 70 fps on ultra, on every map. I stopped playing for a few months and I came back to it about a week ago. I noticed my FPS were abysmal so I dropped Quality to Low, still barely managed to get 60 fps. When I go game, during chases or what not I drop FPS to 50 or even lower. I reinstalled the game, checked integrity of game files and nothing works.

• StaticAlex_YTStaticAlex_YT Member Posts: 5

@Yucchi said:
    Don't bully my PC fellow teammates ;-;
    Issue: FPS drop, Lighting change upon entering buildings/rooms, audio
    Procesor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i3-4360 CPU @ 3,70 GHz
    Hard drive: 422/736
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti & Intel (R) HD Graphics 4600
    Monitor: Generic PnP
    Operating System: Windows 7
    Quality selected: Medium
    Map played: Haddonfield, Yamaokas Estate, Lery's Memorial institute, Father's Campbell Chapel
    A.D: Survivor screams sound as if they got hit right in front of us when you actually look in their direction; Survivor auras no longer look human - they look like little sploges of yellow

It May Be The OS You Are Using, Maybe Getting Windows 10 Could Help :/ Idk

• StaticAlex_YTStaticAlex_YT Member Posts: 5

tbh i use Nvidia GeForce Now So I Rarely Experience Any Issues

• HabibkanjHabibkanj Member Posts: 1
    edited January 1

Issue FPS loss throughout the entire game
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @2.8GHz
    64 bit
    Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060
    16 GB RAM
    Operating system: Windows 10
    I used to be able to play at 60 fps on any quality and all maps worked fine up until like 2 days ago , i updated by graphics card and I dont know whats going on , it barely plays at 10-15 fps which is completely unplayable.
    Any other information needed ?
    Edit : the problem didnt happen because of the graphics card , what i meant to say is that im sure that my drivers are updated .

• Kxneki1337Kxneki1337 Member Posts: 4

Issue: laggy skillchecks and invisible pallets
    Map played: laggy skillchecks: All | Invisible pallets: Coldwind farm
    Additional details: The skillchecks are sometimes 20-40 fps which makes it pretty hard to hit a great one
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR PC
    Quality Ultra and 100% (I tested it on lowest settings too)
    Processor: Ryzen 5 2600x @ 4.2 ghz
    RAM: 2x 8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz ddr4
    Hard Drive: Crucial MX500 CT250MX500SSD1Z and WD Black 2 TB(both tested)
    Graphics Card: gigabyte nvidia geforce gtx 1060
    Monitor: Samsung U24E590D

• sliptteesslipttees Member Posts: 431

Issue: Drop FPS
    TV: Sony X705E 49' 4K HDR
    Map played: Ormond Resort
    Additional Details: After the 2.4.1 update it is very blunt the drop of FPS on that map which becomes unbearable to play.

• shanks3042shanks3042 Member Posts: 156
    edited January 3
    Issue: Some maps got so dark that I cant see barely anything.
    Especially on myers/freddys maps
    Platform:PC

And yes I already turned the brigthness of my monitor to maximum
  • MPGamer18MPGamer18 Member Posts: 58

Issue: Graphic downgrade
    Platform: Xbox One X
    Display: 1080p and 4K

When you first updated the engine, the graphics were improved on Xbox One X from before however there was noticeable shadow boxes on characters and in darker areas and LOD rendering issues. When you added the Holiday Event, those shadow boxes were gone and the overall image quality was crisper and the LOD was greatly improved.

Now that you reverted back to the normal look, the shadow boxes are back and the overall image quality is back to before the event and the LOD issues have returned and are quite noticeable again.

• Twitch_DyingLucidlyTwitch_DyingLucidly Member Posts: 1
    edited January 4

@Bogdan69 said:
    Issue: Low FPS
    Processor: Intel® Core™i3-5005U 2.00GHz
    RAM: 4GB RAM
    Hard Drive: SSD 125GB
    Graphics: nVidia GeForce GT 920 2GB
    Monitor: LAPTOP
    Quality selected: Low
    Map Played: All maps.

I already have bad FPS in game, like 30fps, but now on most of the maps it drops a lot, maybe some optimization please, it will be nice, ty.

More than likely due to you not really even meeting the minimum requirements for 60fps on low, try moving over to windows ten or taking the initiative to spend around 20-40$ on some RAM, it's easy to install you can find multiple websites on it.

• TheHoodiedOneTheHoodiedOne Member Posts: 7,037

Issue: Bright lights alike the old flashlight blind and random colours
    Platform: Xbox one
    Map played: all and kyf lobby
    Additional details

I have been witnessing issues withthe lighting (especially exit gates) having a bright light blocking my view, and any survivor going through it I lose the chase due to this issue, the random colours will appear while on sides of hills and exit gates are usually purple/pinkish colour, map barriers are also appearing white-ish

If we are allowing use to show proof I have pictures of this issue happening several times

• Might_OakkMight_Oakk Member Posts: 1,098

LF chainsaw idle is way to loud and it's driving me crazy REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• DaexValeyardDaexValeyard Member Posts: 1
    edited January 8

Map played: All
    Additional details: Swamp is the worst map by far. Overall Framerate: 42 FPS. Frame Latency: 18.7ms

Additional information for PC:
    Quality selected: Medium, Fullscreen 1080p. Resolution 85%

Processor: i7-4770 @ 3.4GHz
    RAM: 16 GB DDR3 2400MHz Dual Channel
    Hard Drive: Sata III 2TB 7200RPM 64MB cache
    Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX970 CLK: 1521MHz MEMCLK: 8000MHz
    Monitor: Asus 1080p 60Hz
    Operating System: Windows 10 1809

• MrCandyKillerMrCandyKiller Member Posts: 32

Map played: All
    Additional detalis: Sometimes i have small lags while in game as surv/killer (generally in chase), but I have also 1-2 really massiv lags per game. After one of those lags, everything looks like somehow graphics were set to low. Very clearly visible pixels etc. Even if my graphics quality is set to high. After few seconds it's comming back to normal again.

Quality selected: Ultra (but now I'm playing on High. I still have lags as mentioned earlier, but game is playable. If I change to Ultra, there're too many lags so game is unplayable)
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20 GHz
    Hard Drive: ST1000DX001-SSHD-8GB
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2233SN Plus - LCD monitor - Full HD (1080p) - 21.5"
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit