Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Here's proof stretch res is complete bs

Comments

• RougualRougual Member Posts: 511

Can we get this on console next patch? This will help me uh, get the game to look better... yeah.

• VulgunVulgun Member Posts: 439

Imagine thinking the developers actually care about us anymore.

Here's what I predict will happen:

• Mandy will see this post.
    • Mandy will put this post in Feedback.
    • The developers will do nothing because all posts in Feedback die and they do not care. They're still making money off of what they consider piggybanks (us) so they have no real reason to actually implement necessary changes to the game for its health.
  • MassquwattMassquwatt Member Posts: 263

Yeah watching the video and that's pretty goddamn bad, I hope at some point it gets worked out of the game because it's really unfair whenever each side uses it. What really confuses me are the people who played stretched rez, have completely blown out gamma and colour saturation settings and before modding support was removed, survivor skins that'd just make them glow like crazy. It's like how can you even play a game like that without your eyes melting from how awful things look? WHY would you want your game to look that awful?

• WalterKEKWhiteWalterKEKWhite Member Posts: 54

You mean the Feature that got approved officially by BHVR beforehand and the Devs actually had to choose which Filters should be enabled... aka nvidia Freestyle. Not sure since when intended Features are considered "cheating", but hey you do you mate.

On the topic of stretched: We all know it gives you an unfair advantage. We all know it is not intended and the result of insufficient coding. We all know it should have been fixed a long time ago. But changing the DESKTOP resolution in the gpu software isn't cheating. Just like having a Monitor with a Black Equalizer or a dedicated Soundcard. And this isn't just about semantics. Its about pointing your fingers at the right direction. Don't blame players for using it, blame the Devs for not changing a few lines in the UE4 code.

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,008
    edited September 2021

He literally even showed this in the OP.

All you have to do is tilt your camera, the fact that he left his overlay there when doing it was extremly bad faith, it's really not that hard to see if you don't have a literal overlay with a darkened background and a bunch of words/pop ups hovering over it. The only stuff you could see that you couldn't see in native required such an incredibly specific angle/distance from the loop, it's such a massive over reaction to how much of an advantage it really provides.

• DragonMasterDarrenDragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,045

oh my word this made me want to throw up, that looks disgusting

• ReverseVelocityReverseVelocity Member Posts: 1,086

Yeah, everyone who tries to claim that stretched gives you a massive advantage always have their camera glued to the floor lol. There are much bigger issues BHVR should be worrying about. Stretched is basically a non-issue.

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 2,420

I'm so glad someone finally made this, I cannot stand the people who try and defend it, serious minus rep to them.

• Guest1567432Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

I actually clicked on this stream the other day...and exited right back out of it.

• MdawguMdawgu Member Posts: 389

There's an easy fix. Just make every wall infinitely tall. Pog

• AkitoAkito Member Posts: 600

I would love a survivor perk that increases your FOV. Wouldn't be meta but at least some people would run it. I personally would add it to my rotation since I'm getting bored of running the same perks every game.

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,008
    edited September 2021

And Like I said, in order to be able to see over the jungle gym when you normally wouldn't be able to, an incredibly specific positioning from both you and the killer is required.

The only spot where he could see the killer and couldn't see on native, he had to be standing at the T wall while the killer had to be a neighboring tile. Were the killer in the same tile, this would mean you can see the killer when you otherwise wouldn't in such a specific scenario that it MIGHT be able to help you in a situation that you are lucky enough for a generator to be at one of these very specific angles.If the killer was any closer to the gym, you know like the momment at which its important to actually see the killer, the gym will either completely block the killer or the killer will be visible in both FOVs, it can only ever increase vision of the horizon under specific conditions.

• CornHubCornHub Member Posts: 1,864

If you mean this then I know about it. The filter I've seen makes them bright glowing red so even if they're fading you can see them from a mile away.

• CornHubCornHub Member Posts: 1,864

"I need bright glowing neon scratch marks that I can see on the other side of the map bro, it just looks better :)"

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 5,867
    edited September 2021

When the evidence comes out, the whataboutism/topic shifting starts.

"Us vs Them" - unghhhhh

• PlaysByShadyPlaysByShady Member Posts: 565

Err, no. This isn't even subjective. You can literally see from the video that it's possible to see the killer from a distance away with stretch that you can't without. Stop trying to straw-man the issue by narrowing the point down to something nonsensical because that's the only part you can defeat.

You get an increase in vertical FOV - fact. And that allows you to see over obstacles that you couldn't see over normally - fact. And that gives you an unintended advantage that the game/maps were not designed around/for - fact!

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,078
    edited September 2021

This x 100

Stretched users explain that it gives slight advantages, but they don't like the native FOV and feel that stretched looks better.

People who don't like stretched pat each other on the back saying "LOL IT JUST LOOKS BETTER BRO" and "THEY WON"T EVEN ADMIT IT GIVES ADVANTAGES". Like literally ignoring that yes, stretched users openly admit it gives a slight advantage in every thread, but the advantage is overstated if you've used both and are actually good at the game i.e. not a complete bot that stares at the floor on native res. These threads are less a discussion over stretched res and more about people rallying around something the other side isn't even arguing about.

• GrimoireWeissGrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,142

I never saw anybody defending it doesn't give an advantage, everybody knows that already.

The problem is you can't really do nothing about it. Some people play on very wide monitors/TVs and if they don't play on streched the game is going to look terrible. In fact this is the only game I've ever seen people trying to punish players who use it...

I mean...that's a semantics issue over what's considered an advantage. It's a frustrating discussion because native res users tend to argue an advantage is "anything I have to actually move my camera to see" and stretched users consider an advantage to be "anything a native user can't possibly otherwise see". So each side is arguing with other about a totally different thing.

Put it this way: on my comp team, I have 3 survivor teammates on native. 95% of the comp community plays on 1440x1080 or lower. They have zero issues looping killers. I know of several prominent killers on other teams who are also on native resolution. I know what I'm talking about when I say the advantages are massively overstated and are not the reason people are losing games to equally skilled opponents. 900x1080 allows you to see over some tiles that native simply can't. I think a total of 5 tiles in the entire game. That's it.

• Itslat3ncyItslat3ncy Member Posts: 351

The problem is that those 5 tiles make up most maps. It doesnt matter if good players use stretch and still do good on native becuz their good it's when mediocre players use it ot makes them way better. it's the advantage you get like being able to position yourself better at those tiles getting rid of 5050 mindgames at those loops. It makes a difference, and saying its massively overblown is just dumb

There's nothing 50/50 about many tiles if the survivor plays them correctly on any res. Killers shouldn't be extending chases on themselves by trying to mindgame the un-mindgameable. Run the tile optimally and take care of the pallet in under 10 seconds or extend the chase indefinitely and blame res.

• forthelulzforthelulz Member Posts: 256
    edited September 2021

What resolution did he change to and from?

I can't stand listening to him whine for long enough to figure it out.

He's also the same guy that fell for those obviously not legit screenshots 16 months ago and made a big deal about them, which people are still falling for since I just saw them show up again a few days ago on steam forums.

Edit: Added "16 months ago"

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Can you give any examples of loops you’d be able to 50/50 mindgame on native that you can’t on stretched? I can’t think of any so examples would be useful. I play on native resolution and can see most killers at most loops as long as I keep my camera angled correctly. As far as I know, if the wall is high enough to block the killer on native it will also block the killer on stretched.

• forthelulzforthelulz Member Posts: 256

I tried this quickly on a spot I could think of using 1920x1080 and then 1080x1080. If you're interested we should figure out 2 or 3 spots on 2 or 3 maps and then use custom match to test from 1920x1080 down to 1080x1080 via screenshots and then OBS recording while we stay in the same exact spots. Maybe one set with the mouse starting dead center and leaving it there throughout taking screenshots and video which I discovered quickly is best done by unplugging mouse before the match starts lol I tried just not touching the mouse when I alt-tabbed back in but it took a few times because I would touch it out of habit while switching between 1920x1080 / 1800x1080 / 1600x1080 / 1440x1080 / 1080x1080

1 - 1920x1080

2 - 1080x1080 - I forgot that her head tilts back and forth as she stands there so I should have picked another killer which I will next time