LOADING SCREEN STALL/INFINITE LOOP

Can we fix the game when it goes to a loading screen after a match or after someone disconnects say u switch lobbies or killer disconnects while the match is loading it just goes for an infinite loop. This has been an ongoing issue and I would of thought by now it would of been addressed and fixed. I recall this issue for at least 6 months now.

Tagged:

Comments

• DrearystateDrearystate Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2018

This issue requires that you restart the game. This has happened to me on 4 of my 5 gaming rigs, the 5th doesnt have the game installed.

edited December 2018

So in the last 2 hours only 3 games didnt have that freeze/loading issue, dont care what add-ons they make, if the game is broken who is going to want to keep playing it.

• CornChipCornChip Member Posts: 217

Gosh darn those infinite loops. I thought they got rid of them all

• ArrozArroz Member Posts: 140

I restart the game but it dont work (as survivor)

edited December 2018

Ok, new day new loops, every other game it now ends game and the loading screen just sits there.

• ClamlapperClamlapper Member Posts: 1

this is getting tiresome now wasting addons offerings etc due to freezing 15minute wait to see if fixes have had to Task manager my way out twice within the last hour

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod Posts: 1,550

This is something that we are looking into, I will update with more information when it becomes available.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 5,413
    edited December 2018

Edit: info is for separate issue.

Post edited by powerbats on

Its been a thing for 6 months now, if not longer, how is this just getting looked into? I cant even jump into a lobby from start up sometimes w/o it giving me that wonderful screen.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 5,413

@Drearystate said:
    Its been a thing for 6 months now, if not longer, how is this just getting looked into? I cant even jump into a lobby from start up sometimes w/o it giving me that wonderful screen.

Because it's not a constant issue which is why there's no easy fix and it's been looked into for awhile but to get a handle on it they need more data.Hence the end for more reports since the more people that report it the more data they have to go through to find the root cause.

It's a lot more simpler than that, they could easily run code that checks how long this screen is up and if it exceeds a certain time then send back to home screen, that solution has existed since cod:mw....like 10 years ago.....so yeah, simple

The real problem is a greedy company, they have sold 3+ million copies of a game with under 500 people on staff and they can afford to pay someone directly to look into this? Yeah...Greed

• TritonswrathTritonswrath Member Posts: 1

I've been dealing with this crap for over a two months now. I assume it's mostly on PC since that's where I'm mostly playing it at. After playing maybe two maybe four matches the games goes into an infinite loading screen or it just plain freezes....on further inspection the task manager says the app is unresponsive...like wtf now I am forced to quit the app via the task manager and when i go back in game my addons are lost...thanks a ton Devs. Stop adding stupid cosmetics and address the bugs the game is clearly broken.

• zORg_alexzORg_alex Member Posts: 8

@Drearystate How good is your internet connection? Look into it. For me that happens very rarely, I guess some people have bad enough connection, that game can't send proper message about dc or it is being interpreted wrongly if integrity checks fails if they are there even. I dunno. It seem they have those long timers to make sure someone really dc'd.
    I'd better made it so that survivors would pop into a game whenever the connect or reconnect if things happen. So like if someone lost a connection, he could reconnect and may be have some weakness or side effect for reconnection, to make it less attractive to use as exploit.

I have a 300mb dl and 100 mb ul connection, its not my connection. There are hundreds of thosands of people having this issue.

• adnaPadnaP Member Posts: 1

I think is a nat problem. I fixed this problem using my mobile phone connection (sorry for the bad english)