Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Devour Hope lvl1 OP

As the title suggest, Devour Hope at level 1 OP, change my mind. Nobody expects it until it's too late. I've been using it with no other hex perks, so they have no reason to hunt them down minus NOED, and it seems to work out pretty well tbh.

Comments

  • NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,127
    edited December 2018
    *chuckles* 

    Here we go again...always anticipate a NOED or DH.  Cleanse Totems, don't be so reckless at the endgame.

    The phrase "better to be safe than sorry" applies heavily to this game when it comes to Perks for both sides



    Post edited by Nikkiwhat on
  • brockbrock Member Posts: 77

    Still pretty gimmicky. you need 5 tokens before it activates and there's no guarantee somebody won't just stumble upon it.

  • NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,127
    Fire Up is the most clutch perk in this game though, pls nurf Fire Up
    Sharp Hand Joe with Fire Up boils my bottom
  • TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited December 2018

    Yeah its weird how the notifications work.. they actually screw the higher tiers of this perk. Sort of like the ranges with Spine Chill. I think Spine Chill is better at rank 1 then rank 3.

  • HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 3,403

    LOL

  • redsopine01redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    I love that perk as it's a nightmare to counter
  • AlphaJacksonAlphaJackson Member Posts: 588

    @PhantomMask20763 said:
    Fire Up is the most clutch perk in this game though, pls nurf Fire Up

    We dont talk about fire up, no killer should be blessed with the power of a god.

  • Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 2,346
    Devour Hope 1 isn't even worth running. 99/100 times it will get destroyed before you even hit 3 tokens.
  • thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 7,486
    edited December 2018

    I played against a Spirit few days ago that had DH1. She actually got 5 tokens and mori'd 2 of us, sacrificed a third, and the last escaped. I was close to escaping but she caught me running to the gate.

    Thing was she offered Game and had Prayer Beads. I was also playing Ace for a daily and have none of my usual perks (I had Self Care 1 that was literally my best perk). Also the first guy sacrificed was in my party and told me she had DH (though failed to mention it being tier 1). Every time someone got saved I expect a one shot but it never came, then all of a sudden she mori'd a guy and I realized it was tier 1.

    Had it been a different map or I was playing as Kate (my main) or just if the other 2 were better survivors (rank reset and all) things would have been way different. What she did was a gimmick build. It works sometimes but it's not reliable. I knew she had DH, and saw her mori a guy, I honestly didn't even care because we were still doing gens. And it was a bit of dumb luck she caught me at the end anyway, it was entirely possible I could have escaped.

  • MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 1,142

    @thesuicidefox said:
    I played against a Spirit few days ago that had DH1. She actually got 5 tokens and mori'd 2 of us, sacrificed a third, and the last escaped. I was close to escaping but she caught me running to the gate.

    Thing was she offered Game and had Prayer Beads. I was also playing Ace for a daily and have none of my usual perks (I had Self Care 1 that was literally my best perk). Also the first guy sacrificed was in my party and told me she had DH (though failed to mention it being tier 1). Every time someone got saved I expect a one shot but it never came, then all of a sudden she mori'd a guy and I realized it was tier 1.

    Had it been a different map or I was playing as Kate (my main) or just if the other 2 were better survivors (rank reset and all) things would have been way different. What she did was a gimmick build. It works sometimes but it's not reliable. I knew she had DH, and saw her mori a guy, I honestly didn't even care because we were still doing gens. And it was a bit of dumb luck she caught me at the end anyway, it was entirely possible I could have escaped.

    Lol, you're talking about the Spirit like you're talking about me. Once I was a Spirit with Devour 1 and I killed 2, sacrificed 1 and the last escaped and I also killed one infront of a gate. xD Then I looked at the date. I was like "does time travel exist?" same case as yours. I was very confused

  • Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 4,679

    imo the hex notifications should be removed entirely.
    they just screw perks like Huntress Lullaby or low level Ruin by giving them away ASAP, while they usually give completely useless information to the survivors, like hey! you got a red skillcheck! im sure you couldnt tell by now that your affected by ruin, SO LET ME TELL YOU! or Hey! someone was oneshot! why use your brain cells and put one and one together, IF WE COULD ALSO JUST SCREAM AT YOU THAT THERE IS NOED OR DEVOUR HOPE!!!
    on the other hand, these perks get screwed for: every oneshot killer and when you target an injured person.

    like, the whole system is so unnecessary, id rather have it removed.

  • thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 7,486

    @Mister_xD said:
    imo the hex notifications should be removed entirely.
    they just screw perks like Huntress Lullaby or low level Ruin by giving them away ASAP, while they usually give completely useless information to the survivors, like hey! you got a red skillcheck! im sure you couldnt tell by now that your affected by ruin, SO LET ME TELL YOU! or Hey! someone was oneshot! why use your brain cells and put one and one together, IF WE COULD ALSO JUST SCREAM AT YOU THAT THERE IS NOED OR DEVOUR HOPE!!!
    on the other hand, these perks get screwed for: every oneshot killer and when you target an injured person.

    like, the whole system is so unnecessary, id rather have it removed.

    Lullaby should give a notification until the killers gets 5 tokens. If you are a good survivor you would see it coming before that, and it would mess with survivors more because they wouldn't know right away. Might take 3 hooks for them to notice and by then you got value outta the hex.

  • ZanferZanfer Member Posts: 643

    @The_Crusader said:
    Lucky you.

    For everyone else 9 times out of 10 it's cleansed before it even activates, or you get 1 instadown tops.

    you can't get insta down's with DH 1

    You won't know if they have DH 1 until they mori someone or find the totem

Sign In or Register to comment.