Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Tips on following scratch marks?

Hi people,

Whenever i play with killer i lose people so easily because of the scratchmarks which suddenly stop ( mostly in grassy areas ) or don't really go anywhere. I'm good at mindgaming and countering looping but staying on survivors tracks is such a weakness to the point where i have bloodhound equipped. I feel like predator doesn't anything. Are the scratchmarks just broken or do you guys have tips on how to follow them?
I play on PS4 btw.

Comments

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 3,403

You can use predator or sloppy+bloodhound and follow the blood

• ModernFableModernFable Member Posts: 755
    They broke a lot of things with the new engine update: such as visuals, audio, and general gameplay.

One important thing that broke was scratch marks. They are now much harder to see, depending on the surface and lighting.
  • alivebydeadightalivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

here is a tip, not use scratchmarks but use sloppy butcher and bloodhound due to scratch marks being buggy

• BroosmeisterBroosmeister Member Posts: 282

here is a tip, not use scratchmarks but use sloppy butcher and bloodhound due to scratch marks being buggy

Yeah that's what i'm doing but i always get so confused with the scratchmarks that any healthy survivor can easily juke me. That wasn't always the case, i hope it gets fixed soon.
  • ThirdSealOPplzNerfThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 303

@Broosmeister said:
    alivebydeadight said:

Yeah that's what i'm doing but i always get so confused with the scratchmarks that any healthy survivor can easily juke me. That wasn't always the case, i hope it gets fixed soon.

If it is bugged then must use bloodhound sloppy butcher isn't required for bloodhound to work and 2 perks just for tracking isn't really good at all. And when the scratch marks do get fixed don't use any tracking perks and just try to learn why did you lose the survivor as in record footage then look back and see how they escaped. This is how I learned how to track much better.

• BroosmeisterBroosmeister Member Posts: 282

@Broosmeister said:
    alivebydeadight said:

If it is bugged then must use bloodhound sloppy butcher isn't required for bloodhound to work and 2 perks just for tracking isn't really good at all. And when the scratch marks do get fixed don't use any tracking perks and just try to learn why did you lose the survivor as in record footage then look back and see how they escaped. This is how I learned how to track much better.

Sloppy is also to make them heal slower. I don't use ruin most of the time. And also it helps a lot with bloodhound. When the scratchmarks get fixed i probably won't be using bloodhound anymore.