We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.
We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.
Played against PinHead and he is the worst killer in game right now.
I must give devs credit - PinHead is cool. His animations, sounds, the power... Everything about the chapter is super cool! His perks tackle new mechanics, his power is interesting and interactive...
He is literally the worst killer in game. The only thing he can do with his power is scout upper floor without going there or get hits at super short loops - which you can usually mindgame anyway
The very rest is tragic: By using his power to chase, he gains no distance towards survivor, even looses if he misses completely. Survivors can see his box at all times - which is key to unlock his passive Chain Hunts, which actually can be annoying... The problem is, if survivor holds onto the box, they deny him it and can never solve it... The Chain Hunt will be on the survivor carrying the box and he will be kind of oblivious due to the melody playing... but that's it, the rest of the team is fine.
The absolute worst part is the thing, that all survivor has to do is keep his m1 pressed. This way every chain starts breaking automatically. If he is chasing someone, just walk onto the chain to break it instatly for them.
Chains do not even make the skillchecks fail when interrupting aciton as skillchecks pops...
There is nothing good against this killer right now... Just don't play him.
Edit: How to fix him and make him actually usefull
- Chains cannot break on the terrain, they already last for way too short for this mechanic to even be there in the first place.
- Killer should gain distance by using his already hard to use power in chase - give him a button to make the body start walking towards location he is about to shoot chain from (very easy to dodge btw). Make it a button so killer have option, but doesn't go there automatically, so he can mindgame or make decisions.
- Lament Configuration should not be visible to survivors globally - just when they are near, maybe 10m. Instead give some quiet directional sound, like Huntress lullaby was back in a day if someone want's to go look for it.
- Chain Hunt - if the rest is buffed, leave it as it is.
- Make chains from the regular m2 power somehow stronger than the Chain Hunt chains so he is more skill reliant. (Just increase how much they last by a tiny bit or make these chains hit 100% of the time if killer connected the skillshot)
- THE MOST IMPORTANT - Quality of life for every chain - if they interrupt a skillcheck, the gen should explode and survivors can't just hold m1, instead they need to click and then hold for each chain separately (kind of like screaming cancels the action and you have to press and hold m1 again. Happens even to healing while downed)