Home Dead by Daylight Forums Technical Issues

Second time ever

miketheratguymiketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
edited September 2021 in Technical Issues

...And perhaps not coincidentally the second time in two weeks. Do something about this, please.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 10,623

D3D device is a problem on your end. It's typically...

1) Bad driver (happens a lot when nvidia update nonsense)

2) Overheating GPU.

3) Potentially a BIOS update (especially for Ryzen 3000 or higher systems)

4) Bad PSU.

I'd start with reinstalling your GPU driver by using DDU to remove the old driver and then fresh install from the downloaded driver package.

• miketheratguymiketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Thank you for the inforrmation. I'll look into it, though I haven't updated or changed anything. I'm actually really wary of automatic updates for exactly these reasons. That doesn't mean that something hasn't slipped its way in though.

If windows updated, because it LOVES to do that, it may have updated your driver for you.

It's done that to me before on wifi/LAN and broken the driver.

• miketheratguymiketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

As far as I know absolutely nothing has been updated on my computer at all, not even my Firefox browser (it keeps insisting, I keep saying no, lol). That's the part that worries me, nothing should be new. I go out of my way to turn off auto-updates on everything that I can. Though I also got a BSOD a few weeks ago. I'm starting to fear that maybe I've got some malware.

Either way it seems certain that the problem is on my end so I appreciate it. I'll definitely be investigating this.

Windows WILL ignore your "don't auto update" commands if it's win 10. If you shut your PC down regularly, it'll just do it.