Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Trapper should be able to reset traps

Without having to pick it up first. I often find myself with a trap in my hand wanting to just reset a trap that's closed, but I can neither pick up the trap or place another trap over it. You should be able to just walk up to a close trap, press whatever button you use to set the trap, and reset the trap without picking it up. This would also save the killer some time and be a good QoL change.

And before someone says it, yes I use +1/+2 trap add-ons most games. Yet I still encounter this issue.

Comments

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Yes.
    That'd be a major QoL improvement for Trapper if he could reset the traps without picking them up.

• JagoJago Member Posts: 1,590

Yes should be great. But they need to correct the fact when a trap is triggered, it slightly moves around.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Agreed, say hold your other mouse button if pc to reset the trap that's already there but perhaps add 1 second to account for you not picking it up. It'd still be quicker than you picking it up and replacing it but slower than if it was an empty space.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

@powerbats said:
    Agreed, say hold your other mouse button if pc to reset the trap that's already there but perhaps add 1 second to account for you not picking it up. It'd still be quicker than you picking it up and replacing it but slower than if it was an empty space.

It should just be whatever button you use to place the trap, since the game won't let you place a trap on top of another anyway. Just give a prompt to "reset" the trap.

@thesuicidefox said:

@powerbats said:

It should just be whatever button you use to place the trap, since the game won't let you place a trap on top of another anyway. Just give a prompt to "reset" the trap.

The issue with that is you're given either the option to pick it up thus wasting it unless you're using a bag addon or it won't let you place it down. Which is why i suggested using the other unused key since that way you've got an option.

Perhaps you want to pick that trap up and move it to a better spots but if you auto rearm it you're screwed so this way you have a choice.

@powerbats said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@powerbats said:

The issue with that is you're given either the option to pick it up thus wasting it unless you're using a bag addon or it won't let you place it down. Which is why i suggested using the other unused key since that way you've got an option.

Perhaps you want to pick that trap up and move it to a better spots but if you auto rearm it you're screwed so this way you have a choice.

IDK what it is on PC, but on Xbox it's LT to place the trap and LB to pick it up. Is it the same button on PC? AFAIK it's not, but maybe I'm wrong. That's why I say it should just be the button used to place it. If I want to reset a trap I just walk up and press LT, as if I were placing a trap but since the game won't let me place a trap on top of another I can't accidentally place a trap when I wanted to reset a trap.

I haven't played Trapper in a bit but i'm pretty sure it's M1 to place but also M1 to pick up which is why I suggested M2 to rearm. For XBox perhaps keep it the same but add a combo of 2 buttons to rearm only.

• UltraXUltraX Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2018

Yes, I agree that Trapper should be able to set a reset trap instead of picking them up over and over again.

I would also argue that Trapper needs some more traps on the ground or make them slightly larger to catch Survivors trying to go around them.

Too often I find that I don't have enough traps in enough places to pressure Survivors or Survivors can just waltz through trap placements because they were able to go past it or go to the side of it without triggering it.

Trapper Daddy needs a little more loving devs.

@Jago said:
    Yes should be great. But they need to correct the fact when a trap is triggered, it slightly moves around.

This too.

@powerbats said:
    I haven't played Trapper in a bit but i'm pretty sure it's M1 to place but also M1 to pick up which is why I suggested M2 to rearm. For XBox perhaps keep it the same but add a combo of 2 buttons to rearm only.

I just checked a YT video, it's space bar to pick up a trap. You should really check next time before making such comments. It would avoid these pointless back and forths.

@thesuicidefox said:

@powerbats said:

I just checked a YT video, it's space bar to pick up a trap. You should really check next time before making such comments. It would avoid these pointless back and forths.

Which is why I said i hadn't played Trapper in awhile as a notice that I might be wrong but thought I wasn't. But I'd still go with separate keys and options since perhaps the trap needs to be moved. If you only have the option of rearming it you limit yourself.

But again 2 traps carried should be base anyways.